NEurope

Forums

1. N-Europe

1. Board News & Issues

Any news regarding the forum will be detailed in here. Also contains suggestions, questions and error reporting threads.

1. General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

1. Nintendo Gaming

Talk about Nintendo's consoles and their games here, including the Nintendo Switch, Wii U & 3DS.

Discuss anything related to gaming as a hobby and an industry, including retro games.

A forum for any non-Nintendo consoles, including PC gaming.

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a Patron!

• Just had the same thing happen again and lost most of my progress on the Marksman medal.  Think I've figured out what did it, though - I went to go hit Respawn as I selected a villain just rushing through the menus to get back into the fight, and accidentally hit Restart. Did some digging and it seems like not finishing a battle in particular is what causes the issue.  Yeah, my Platinum run is being put on hold indefinitely, might come back to it at some point but I think I'm in the mood to play something else with the long weekend here, so that'll be when I'm burning to play the game again and it'll probably be a bit more natural than just grinding it out. It's mildly frustrating but, worse than the feeling of just having wasted a bit of time for the game to bug out again, it's the first time I've ever felt soured on spending time with Battlefront II, and that for me is the unforgivable part. The monkey's paw really curled on me with this one  I was holding out on completing the original Battlefront campaigns as my last trophies for the Plat to see if I could get a nice screenshot for it (in hindsight, probably should've done this with the BFII campaign) but I think I'll play through those today before I call the curtain on my time with the collection and uninstall.  Aspyr. Suck eggs. Seriously. 
    • It's always fascinating to see what a messy (or non-existent) direction does to a game. Usually leads to really polarizing titles, or reviews that insist on trying to separate the "good" from the "bad". In this case, I wonder if this game would've acquired a highly-specific fanbase, if Tony Hawk hadn't eventually shown up.
    • @Hero-of-Time I love that you’ve dipped back into SPP! 
      I have hardly touched Showtime this week as just not had time but with the BH weekend now upon us, I’d like to try and get through it! 
      SPP is such a gem. One of my fave DS games ever. 
    • Air Boarder 64
        JP release: 27th March 1998 PAL release: November 1998 NA release: N/A Developer: Human Entertainment Publisher: Human (JP), Gaga (PAL) N64 Magazine Score: 62% Air Boarder 64 is a trick-based skateboarding-style games, but on hoverboards. The fascinating thing about Air Border is that this came out before Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater. The unfortunate thing is that the developers of Air Border never seemed to figure out what the player is supposed to do in a game like this, instead opting for a bunch of random modes. You have a trick mode (spoiled somewhat because you have to hit gates in a certain time), a time trial, coin collection and free play. It all feels like the developers were testing different things, but none of them really feel like a completed feature, seeming a bit disjointed. The five levels also feel like they’re each from a completely different game, with zero cohesion in theme or level design. You have the starting skate park, a forest level, a bit of a city during winter, a few islands connected by a massive bridge and one where you’re tiny in a house. Like the modes, these also feel like they were testing random ideas and couldn’t work out a direction for the game. None of them take advantage of the fact that you can fly up walls, either. Even though it feels more like a lost prototype than a final game, I can’t help but find this game fascinating, and the core movement and tricks are enjoyable. It’s not a good game but, even with its complete lack of direction, it’s not terrible, either. Remake or Remaster? It would be interesting too see this tried again, using what the Tony Hawk series did with the genre. Official Ways to get the game There’s no official way to play Air Boarder 64
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts