NEurope
Daft

PSP Go

Like dwarf said, the slide thing would just be for size and although that makes perfect sense, every time you want to change a music track or control a video on it you'd have to slide it open.

I just think it'd be a bit silly.

Just use the L and R buttons on the top of the system to do that ?

Yeah, I know, but you know....touch screen! :heh:

Basically everything has gone touch so it would just be a bit weird to me. I guess they want to keep the costs down.

If this is UMDless, are they making every PSP game available for download from day 1 (I assume you download them)?

If this is UMDless, are they making every PSP game available for download from day 1 (I assume you download them)?

It is a big question...I have a ton of UMD's, don't want to have to keep two PSPs to play them all...although to be honest I'm not a stickler for upgrading on hardware iterations I still have my original DS and the DSi hasn't had enough for me to me to upgrade yet and doubt this really will...I can still use my normal PSP and an SD to get all the other stuff and bluetooth really isn't going to add that much is it now?

What I hate is how the internet seems to be wrecking so many of E3's surprises...not known a year like this where so much has leaked.

Like many said, closed looks nice but open looks really weird. And how do you reach that analogue?! It's basically a select button now.

I thought that Shino but the whole thing is so small I don't think it's an issue.

Looks fine. Its the same as the original minus buttons. Though i guess alot of people hate that.

Face it, Sony boy...it's a damn turd!

Looks like it's gonna be painful to hold and weighted badly. I'll stick with my PSP 3k thanks.

It's almost half the weight of the 3k so I don't think weighting is a problem. The DS doesn't look comfy to hold and that's pretty comfortable (so really we'll have to wait until the hands-ons come in. I'm sure it won't be as bad as people think) and as for the controls being too cramp, I have massive hands and had no problem with the SP or the Micro.

I actually think the divert that the stick is in will help.

I think the PR shots with it against a white background was a stupid choice. There's no sense of scale.

We'll find out soon enough.

Ah! I thought the PSP Go! looked pretty ugly until I saw that video and it looks amazing in real life.

To me, this seems like a step back rather than a step forward...smaller screen, lack of support for the games for the system which it is. People moan when theres a lack of backwards compatibility...now we have a lack of sideways compatibility. Sure it may be thinner...but I dunno...it does not wow me at all

For my money, this is epic arse. Sony know what the competition are doing, Nintendo and Apple with motion, touch, etc but Sony continue down the same path as before- a path thats so far not been a huge success for them.

For my money, this is epic arse. Sony know what the competition are doing, Nintendo and Apple with motion, touch, etc but Sony continue down the same path as before- a path thats so far not been a huge success for them.

Yeah, 50 million PSPs sold. Not successful.

---

psp_go_vs_psp_iphone.jpg

psp_go_vs_dsi.jpg

Edited by Daft

are those accurate? shit be tiny, yo.

I agree, didn't like the look of this at all when I first seen the screens but now it's looking much better.

Yup, pretty much. I'll just post the whole thing,

http://kotaku.com/5273302/portable-size+off-how-the-psp-go-measures-up

Portable Size-Off: How The PSP Go Measures Up

psp_go_vs_psp_iphone.jpg

The new PSP Go, leaked just before E3 thanks to the June issue of Sony's own Qore, is tiny little thing. Bigger than an iPhone—but not by much—and slimmer than the original PSP.

When placed side-by-side against some of the current portable gaming competition, the PSP Go illustrates just how different it is from its peers and predecessor. The screen ratio looks slightly off from the one that ships with the older PSP model, in addition to being smaller in size—3.8 inches versus the PSP-3000's diagonal size of 4.3 inches.

Whether that means game displays will be stretched (I hope not) or letterboxed remains to be seen.

The PSP Go is also pretty efficient on overall hardware footprint. The LCD screen is 0.3 inches larger than the iPhone, but thanks to the slide-out controls, doesn't have nearly the same amount of extra plastic flanking each side.

The removal of some of the PSP's original buttons (display, sound, volume) go a long way to keeping the look more efficient than earlier models.

psp_go_vs_dsi.jpg

Versus the Nintendo DSi and DS Lite, however, we see just how much smaller the device is in its open position compared to its dual-screen competition. Screen-wise, the DSi and PSP Go are closer than ever, as the former got a quarter-inch boost over the DS Lite's screen, with the Go shaving off a half-inch.

Weight-wise, the PSP Go sounds pretty light—approximately 3.8 ounces, if the 43% lighter than the PSP-3000 figure (and our math) is accurate. That makes it lighter than the iPhone (4.7 ounces) and Nintendo DSi (7.5 ounces).

Keep in mind that these PSP Go figures aren't official, so things may be slightly off. But if you need to budget pocket space for the Fall, it might be handy.

It realy does look fugly when open.

Someone should tell Sony that most people only use there PSP's to play emulated games on.

It actually looks.. disgusting :eek:

I haven't found myself too interested in a PSP before and I'd like to hear more on this one.. but I still don't really seem to care :hmm:

Edited by nekunando

I can't to see people trying to interact with it through the screen.

There are buttons above the unit. Wait for more info.

2enuxkw.jpg

I am sure peopel will carry stuff at e3 to compare with.

Regarding not going PSP2. As Daft said, they have sold over 50 million but they need to bring up software sales. So this model is pretty good for a mini relaunch.

I like how its nearly half the weight of a DSi :o