NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokemafia 2 - The Conversion of Justice

Well to be fair on her, there's not exactly much to discuss. I see no need to worry, since we've got someone confirming he's evil through investigation.

I mean, the only thing I have to possibly add is that I'd assume Coolness is the green Pokémon that was attacked. He was "tricked" yesterday when his investigation on Tellyn came out as neutral, so... yeah. Other than that, the write-up seems pretty straightforward.

Yes, he's revealed himself as Deoxys!

Incidentally why has Raining_again only posted a vote without reasoning? I'm happy to go with it, but I am just a tiny bit nervous that she is being forced to vote.

then again we haven't seen that power once so far this game. I suppose I'm just wondering why she hasn't said anything, seeing as all the other days where she's had info she's explained a little about it.

Anyway, I'll Vote:Strider

Incidentally as the only evil movement last night seemed to come from Strider, we may elliminate the final mafia member with this lynch. Hopefully, anyway.

I wondered that, too, but seeing as Zell also targetted him and confirms it, I think it's safe to go with it.

Well to be fair on her, there's not exactly much to discuss. I see no need to worry, since we've got someone confirming he's evil through investigation.

I mean, the only thing I have to possibly add is that I'd assume Coolness is the green Pokémon that was attacked. He was "tricked" yesterday when his investigation on Tellyn came out as neutral, so... yeah. Other than that, the write-up seems pretty straightforward.

I thought the previous two posts to mine summed up anything I could say anyway.

Vote Strider - seven - Raining again, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Ellmeister, Zell, Sprout, Ganepark32, Nintendhohnut.

Players 16 ; not_so_tiny, Sprout, Ellmeister, Dyson, Dannyboy-The-Dane, mr-paul, Jonnas, Cube, Nintendohnut, Zell, Raining_Again, Gaggle64,Coolness_Bears, SPAMBOT4000, Strider, GanePark32.

Vote Strider - eight - Raining again, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Ellmeister, Zell, Sprout, Ganepark32, Nintendhohnut, SPAMBOT4000.

Majority is nine.

Players 16 ; not_so_tiny, Sprout, Ellmeister, Dyson, Dannyboy-The-Dane, mr-paul, Jonnas, Cube, Nintendohnut, Zell, Raining_Again, Gaggle64,Coolness_Bears, SPAMBOT4000, Strider, GanePark32.

Majority has been reached.

Ever since just over a week ago, the town had an uneasy feeling about itself. A unnatural burnt umber sun rise was being experienced almost every morning, where usually the reflection of the sun off the deep blue sea with the shallow pink coral gave a wonderfully pink tinge to the sky.

The town gathered around the target they decided to lynch.

dpmfa469.png

Strider is dead. He was Yanmega, the only remaining mafia member.

The town cheered as they had completely ridden their town of evil. However thier cheers were short lived, as they released the calm and peaceful leader of their town had left, and his son was killed, along with the other town members they lost in the past week.

A memorial service was held for the fallen, and the winners each paid their respects.

dpmfa160.png

not_so_tiny was Feraligator. A townie.

dpmfa186.png

Sprout was Politoed. A neutral.

dpmfa202.png

Ellmeister was Wobbuffet. A townie.

dpmfa275.png

Dyson was Shiftry. A townie.

dpmfa311.pngdpmfa312.png

Dannyboy-the-Dane was Plusle. SPAMBOT4000 was Minun. They were townies.

dpmfa091.png

mr-paul was Cloyster. A townie.

dpmfa386.png

Jonnas was Deoxys. This games uber townie.

dpmfa294.png

Cube was Loudred. A townie.

dpmfa373.png

Nintendohnut was Salamance. A townie.

dpmfa233.png

Zell was Porygon2. A townie.

dpmfa137.png

Raining again was Porygon. A townie.

dpmfa018.png

Gaggle64 was Pidgeot. A townie.

dpmfa254.png

Coolness Bears was Sceptile. A townie.

dpmfa006.png

Ganepark32 was Charizard. A townie.

Winners - fifteen - not_so_tiny, Sprout, Ellmeister, Dyson, Dannyboy-The-Dane, mr-paul, Jonnas, Cube, Nintendohnut, Zell, Raining_Again, Gaggle64,Coolness_Bears, SPAMBOT4000, GanePark32.

The town retreated to their huts. That was enough excitement to last their life times.

Epilogue

BZZZZT. BZZZZZT. A grave started to have electrical surges. BZZZZT. The soft and unsettled soil started to rise and bubble up. A charred, and damaged Porygon-Z rose from the grave.

Elsewhere Porygons eyes lit up, bright red and left her hut. The same happened with Porygon2.

The three Porygon Pokemon met in the centre of the town square, and gazed up. Red light beams shot into the sky, into a big black cloud.

At once, meteors shot down from the sky, mashing all wildlife, nature and living creatures below. The location looked about 200 miles from the little town still reeling from its loss.

dpmfa122.png

Mr Mime was arriving at the town, its legs weary from nine days solid walking. It took cover, but a meteor smashed its leg. Mr Mime was incapacitated outside the small town. It looked up as the sun went down and darkness encompassed the new town. A tear fell down his face.

To be continued in Pokemafia 3 - Turning Point (sign ups in playground) :)

---------------

Okay for the record I fucked up twice. Once affecting the game, the other not. You know about the one that affected the game. The other one was - Martinist could not be roleblocked. I allowed him to be roleblocked in error, however luckily his target couldn't be silenced (Cube, Loudred) so it didn't really effect anything.

I promise to be more careful in the next one.

How did you guys feel about this one? Enjoy it more etc?

Finally, for the third one I have taken a few comments that were said recently, and put them into practise so it has, of course new and unique roles as well as other things that people have asked for, that will become clear. :)

Pokemafia Two Roles

The Mafia

Scizor – Scizor can target a player in the night phase. This negates that player from the night phase entirely. Its power will fail and people targeting it with a power will fail. Mafia leader. (Negator)

Pinsir – Pinsir can target a player in the night phase. The target has been instilled with fear, and in the following day phase will only be able to vote for a player with at least half majority (rounded up). If Pinsir is targeted to be killed in the night phase it takes two kill attempts to fully kill him. (Brute)

Yanmega –Yanmega can track other players targets. Choose a target, and you will be sent a PM back confirming who that player targeted. Yanmega is immune to redirection. (Tracker)

Heracross – Heracross can investigate a target at night. You will be sent a PM back with information on the target. Heracross shows as Neutral from investigations. (Investigator)

Armaldo – Armaldo can target a player in the night phase. That player will be silenced and will not be able to post in the following day phase. Armaldo cannot be roleblocked by a roleblocker. (Silencer)

NEUTRAL

Gallade – Gallade is neutral. You can target a player in the night phase to be killed. You win when the mafia has been vanquished. (Vigilante)

Politoed – Politoed is neutral. You can target a player in the night phase, and their power will be cancelled. . Your votes in the day phase count for double. You win when the mafia has been vanquished. (Influential/Roleblocker)

TOWNIES

Plusle – Plusle shares a special bond with Minun. You can PM Minun anytime and discuss the game. Plusle can protect a player. Choose a target in the night phase, and that player will be protected from being killed. If Plusle and Minun choose to protect the same target that player will be protected from all powers in the night phase. (Protector)

Minun – Minun shares a special bond with Plusle. You can PM Plusle anytime and discuss the game. Minun can protect a player. Choose a target in the night phase, and that player will be protected from being killed. If Plusle and Minun choose to protect the same target that player will be protected from all powers in the night phase. (Protector)

Charizard – Charizard can investigate a target at night. You will receive a PM back with details on the person you investigate. (Investigator)

Feraligator – Feraligator can investigate a target at night. You will receive a PM back with details on the person you investigate. (Investigator)

Sceptile - Sceptile can investigate a target at night. You will receive a PM back with details on the person you investigate. (Investigator)

Pidgeot – Pidgeot can track other players targets. Choose a target, and you will be sent a PM back confirming who that player targeted. (Tracker)

Shiftry – Shiftry can track other players targets. Choose a target, and you will be sent a PM back confirming who that player targeted. (Tracker)

Cloyster – Cloyster can silence a player in the night phase, and they will be unable to talk during the next day phase. (Silencer)

Salamence – Salamence can request to use its power in the night phase. If this is requested, Salamence will be sent information on the first occurrence to take place during the night phase. (Quick Watcher)

Loudred – Loudred can target a player at night. Any information they are sent back from their power will be distorted. Loudred cannot be silenced. (Distorter)

Porygon - Porygon can target a player in the night phase, and their power will be cancelled. (Roleblocker)

Porygon2 - Porygon2 can use the power of the last person to target it. You will be sent confirmation of this if you are targeted, at the beginning of the night phase that you are able to use the power in. (Transformer)

Porygon-Z – Porygon-Z can target a player in the night phase. You will be sent a PM back confirming information on that players power. You are unable to discuss that persons power in the following day phase, although you can claim you know it. (Power tracer)

Wobbuffet – Wobbuffet can only post 30 words per day phase (Voting posts do not contribute towards this) Wobbuffet is immune to all powers in the night phase. Wobbuffet will be told who targets it. (Mirror Investigator)

Deoxys – Deoxys has three modes. To select a mode Deoxys must post in the day phase the word of the mode they wish to select, and must be posted in italics. This can be concealed within a sentence. The following night phase Deoxys will be able to use the corresponding power.

Attack – Deoxys can target a player and have information sent on that player.(Investigator)

Defence – Deoxys is immune to all night powers and investigations. (Immune)

Speed – Deoxys can target a player to have their targets tracked. (Tracker)

(Uber)

The game was a lot of fun (even if my power wasn't particularly useful, apart from when it appeared in the write-up), although the town did get lucky a few times.

Yeah my power wasn't a whole lot of use since the mafia usually take a while at night to discuss their moves and send their PMs late. So I was never really going to be able to find any mafia members, but I like to think that I was a little use every now and again.

Good game, Rez, I feel that the town were lucky that Molly died on the first night (a killer is always a danger to the town, even inadvertantly) and after that we played pretty well and got lucky a few times. I really enjoyed the game though, and although I nearly died half-way through (thanks Raining_again, I owe you one!) I feel proud that I survived the game as a townie and won for once! Seriously, I'm on a streak, I have played a LOT of these games, and hadn't won any until very recently.

Anyway, well played everyone, looking forward to the next one! Although I must say there were some townies in this game who barely contributed and didn't really deserve the win. Oh well, always the way I suppose!

I was actually kinda disappointed in this game as it didn't seem like the mafia had any good roles, plus too many town roleblockers and investigators I think. And some people not participating or not sending in their PMs kinda ruined it too (tssssk at these people). =P

High five other living neutr... oh, wait... High five townies!

This was kinda fun, revisiting the game. I also see I was so convincing about being "just a roleblocker" that ReZ forgot about my day power of my votes counting as double. =P

Though I do agree that those who barely talked at all kinda spoiled the game.. then again, I guess I was one of those until about Day 4/5. =P

High five other living neutr... oh, wait... High five townies!

This was kinda fun, revisiting the game. I also see I was so convincing about being "just a roleblocker" that ReZ forgot about my day power of my votes counting as double. =P

Though I do agree that those who barely talked at all kinda spoiled the game.. then again, I guess I was one of those until about Day 4/5. =P

Woopsie. Three mistakes. (D'oh)

Seems to me that there were a few too many investigators.

Also, some people are so reluctant to vote its unreal. It seems that some need absolutely concrete evidence before being prepared to vote. Theres no intuition or anything going on, its all reliant on the investigators.

I would have talked more but I had to keep to my limit! The first few days I had to really count and delete any unneeded words! Then later on I realised by the time I was reading the thread I didn't need to discuss anything except voting with everyone else.

I'm just going to say I feel it should be kept as being the mafia nominate someone to kill since otherwise like this game the town get lucky on the first night and make it hard on the mafia.

LOL@ Tellyn trying to difuse the bug theory that Cube had come up with. (think it was Cube) Good work! :)

I would have talked more but I had to keep to my limit! The first few days I had to really count and delete any unneeded words! Then later on I realised by the time I was reading the thread I didn't need to discuss anything except voting with everyone else.

I'm just going to say I feel it should be kept as being the mafia nominate someone to kill since otherwise like this game the town get lucky on the first night and make it hard on the mafia.

LOL@ Tellyn trying to difuse the bug theory that Cube had come up with. (think it was Cube) Good work! :)

We did get to pick someone to kill, both kills were done by Paj. All I did was roleblock two people.

Thing is I don't think anyone from the remaining mafia sent in a kill target after Paj had been killed... or they got roleblocked. =/

I was actually kinda disappointed in this game as it didn't seem like the mafia had any good roles, plus too many town roleblockers and investigators I think. And some people not participating or not sending in their PMs kinda ruined it too (tssssk at these people). =P

I would disagree, I don't think the mafia had non-good roles. They were good! Just the mafia are outnumbered, and when one person doesn't participate (Strider had the least amount of posts....second to Molly....who died on the first night) and one person barely participates, it really puts a strain on the mafia. There wasn't a single night when all mafia used their powers, and (I don't have all target nights here, some are at work) but out of seven nights, mafia only targetted to kill on three.

I would disagree, I don't think the mafia had non-good roles. They were good! Just the mafia are outnumbered, and when one person doesn't participate (Strider had the least amount of posts....second to Molly....who died on the first night) and one person barely participates, it really puts a strain on the mafia. There wasn't a single night when all mafia used their powers, and (I don't have all target nights here, some are at work) but out of seven nights, mafia only targetted to kill on three.

That's what I said, not enough participation, or people forgetting about it. It ruins things for both sides. But still, something like a protector in the mafia would've been nice, or something else. Just felt a bit unbalanced as the town had so many roleblockers and investigators. Just a tip for next game I think. =)

Quite possibly my favourite mafia game since the original Mafia games. Epic stuff, good job ReZ :D

Oh my bad! I read it as only Molly could kill for some reason :wtf:

Yeah we had that with the erm animafia? I think, most people gave up pretty soon after the beginning. Tough times.

I think I got lucky a lot during this one, my targets seemed to be spot on.

Surprised I wasn't killed long before now :heh:

Haha, it was a fun game. Creative roles and fun discussion all around. I certainly loved my role. :grin:

Too bad about the mafia non-participation, though. When nobody else was dying, things got pretty easy with all the investigators working together. It also meant I never had the opportunity to trick a killer with my defense mode.

By the way, why were Molly and Sprout neutral?

I think the town was quite lucky, but played well nonetheless. Looking back, the argument we had about Tellyn targeting me was pretty funny. One thing that had me eternally puzzled was Dannyboy, you were acting so much like a mafioso.

I think I enjoyed the first one more but for entirely selfish reasons as I actually got inportant info on mafia characters where as in this game I seemed to investigate townie after townie and didn't see it necessary to out myself as an invesigator. Still his was a good game, especially as the townies won. I eagerly await Pokemafia 3.

I think I enjoyed the first one more but for entirely selfish reasons as I actually got inportant info on mafia characters where as in this game I seemed to investigate townie after townie and didn't see it necessary to out myself as an invesigator. Still his was a good game, especially as the townies won. I eagerly await Pokemafia 3.

I actually suspected you quite strongly towards the end. I found out you were an investigator, but because you had constantly said that you had no useful info I thought you had to be a mafia member who was getting info and passing it on to them. Then I realised that this couldn't be true, but for a while I was watching you very closely.

And Zell - Yeah Dannyboy really really was acting like a mafioso. I couldn't believe it when he wouldn't vote for Tellyn despite all the evidence, then instantly voted for you with none. It reeked so much of mafia that I was prepared to just say 'we must vote for him tomorrow'. In the end I just kept an eye on him for the rest of the day and luckily we got strider the next day otherwise he would have had some serious questions to answer.