NEurope

It works on every Blackberry and is nothing to do with 2G, 3G, 27G or any other type of G's you can think off.

ok coolio...

does the storm 2 support all the apps that run on other regular blackberry.

ok coolio...

does the storm 2 support all the apps that run on other regular blackberry.

It does indeed.

It does indeed.

awesome just think prefer touch screen for web browsing etc...

So my old plan just ran out and I'm going to be buying a new phone shortly. I'm thinking about an Acer Liquid E, does anyone have any experience with one? Are there any other phones in the same price range that are better?

Is this the same Acer that makes laptops?

I've had bad experience with the quality of Acer products in the past (although not phones).

Actually, forget my last post. I've found out that one of the local retailers near me is giving away Sony Xperia X10s with 3 year plans. I think I'll probably go with that instead.

No. 3 year plans are normal here though, and even without this, I'd be going on one anyway.

They're becoming increasingly promoted here too. Wouldn't be surprised if by 2015 we won't see 18 month contracts anymore.

I've decided now not to bother with a Smart Phone. So I'm looking at the Samsung Corby Pro. Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

I've decided now not to bother with a Smart Phone. So I'm looking at the Samsung Corby Pro. Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

From the looks of the pictures, it's a smartphone using the Symbian OS, which is a bit slow and buggy but perfectly usable.

Got my Blackberry 9700 Bold anyone else got a Blackberry?! Also anyone got any apps I might have missed first time?

And I got my Desire :D

Although an 8 hour initial charge is recommended so I don't have enough time to do that before work so I have to do it during work which means I won't get to play until 11pm or so :(

I hate that :D (having to charge new devices, not the HTC Desire) - the temptation is there not to do it but you'll extend your battery life if you do.

I've had quite a play with that phone. Lovely screen, great little device. Whilst I still don't like the interface as much as the iPhones, there's no denying that it offers much more functionality out of the box, and that was pre-froyo.

I'm so jealous. Although TBH there isn't really anything that the HTC Desire does that my HTC Hero doesn't do. It's just faster and runs games better.

Yeah I keep wanting to just play with it but by the time I eat and get ready and stuff it'll be time to leave for work and then I can't play with it. Looked around and already have a load of apps I wanna download ^_^ But yeah, I'd rather have the battery for longer and just wait these few hours.

Cancelled that stupid gadget helpline nonsense, will cancel the insurance soon (free for a month so may as well wait a week or two), registered my details and requested my number be ported (although the new one is fairly easy to remember its not on my business cards). The guy on the phone was trying to be chatty and friendly but you know when neither end is really paying that much attention?

Only about 10 or so hours until I can use it :D

Yeah with my desire I found the battery life improves after the first few discharge recharge cycles. I tend to get between 14-16 hours with my current heavy data usage. If I'm being a power saver my max battery life has been about 23 hours.

As for insurance I upgraded my current account which includes mobile phone insurance among other things which gave me a few good savings. There are a ton of apps you'll want to check out. And apparently the froyo update is scheduled for August.

Quick list of apps for you to grab:

3g watchdog

myPlayer

Movies

Color note

Astro file manager

Rings extended

Zedge

Worth a look:

Google goggles

Layer reality browser

Cardio trainer

Dropbox

Last.fm

keyring scanner

Barcode scanner

Metal detector

Shopper

Skyfire browser

Snesoid

Wave secure

Swype

What the doodle

Meebo IM

Edited by Ten10

Mhm so I've been hearing (re: battery life)

I keep hearing different things about Froyo. A few days ago it was "within two weeks" and now its "within the quarter". I don't mind too much. Its new to me now, and will be new again when Froyo comes out.

Mhm so I've been hearing (re: battery life)

I keep hearing different things about Froyo. A few days ago it was "within two weeks" and now its "within the quarter". I don't mind too much. Its new to me now, and will be new again when Froyo comes out.

Yeah same. Although I think the telegraph or guardian got official word from HTC saying that it would be with Q3. If you're looking for the manual it's stored on the SD card. You can look at on the phone by using the pdf viewer otherwise hook up the phone to a pc as mass storage.

A good place for tips on the desire is: http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/

You may find me posting from time to time, mainly troubleshooting, but you'll get a better response asking here / pm. Also I'd say get a bigger SD card class 4 or higher. I've got an 8GB card. Considering going to 16 so I can have more movies.

Edited by Ten10

Yeah same. Although I think the telegraph or guardian got official word from HTC saying that it would be with Q3. If you're looking for the manual it's stored on the SD card. You can look at on the phone by using the pdf viewer otherwise hook up the phone to a pc as mass storage.

A good place for tips on the desire is: http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/

You may find me posting from time to time, mainly troubleshooting, but you'll get a better response asking here / pm. Also I'd say get a bigger SD card class 4 or higher. I've got an 8GB card. Considering going to 16 so I can have more movies.

What size does it come with? I have a 2GB Micro SD in my current phone so will just use that for now. I don't plan to use my Desire for music and movies really, I'm fine using my iPod Touch for that as I'd prefer to keep good battery life in my phone.

I seem to be the only person in the world who likes using two devices :p

What size does it come with? I have a 2GB Micro SD in my current phone so will just use that for now. I don't plan to use my Desire for music and movies really, I'm fine using my iPod Touch for that as I'd prefer to keep good battery life in my phone.

I seem to be the only person in the world who likes using two devices :p

Mine came with a 4GB card which was fine until I put transformers, 300, tenchi muyo and ong bak on it

As did mine as it turns out. Can't see me putting movies on it mind.

Installed Swype but can't seem to get it to choose. I have chosen it...but it won't let me use it. Weird. Anyone know? Will see if turning it on and off will work (classic fix eh?) as im going to bed now anyway but just wondering if anyone knows. Ta.

And have to laugh at random internet people. Some people say "don't buy it on Orange, comes branded and with a load of apps you can't get rid of!" Yes it comes with a little logo on the back (that will soon be covered by a case) and with apps but you can select 'wipe clean' and set up the home screens as you choose. And probably can find some way of uninstalling the orange apps.

Some people eh?

Edited by Ashley

As for swype try doing a long press in an input field and then select touch input and choose swype

Finally got it working. Found the answer on android forums, apparently you need to long tap the input box, whereas I was looking around the settings. Given it a try (and did the tutorial). Suppose the real practice will come when my number is ported over and I start texting.

Thanks for your help.

Finally got it working. Found the answer on android forums, apparently you need to long tap the input box

No shit, really?

As for swype try doing a long press in an input field

:p