NEurope
chairdriver

My Digital Death

"On 12th Decemeber 2010, John Harwell will resign himself to a Digital Death."

So, on Sunday, I will be logging and locking myself off NE. Initially I won't allow myself back on until 12th January, but you can influence how soon I come back online by donating to AVERT, a worldwide HIV/AIDS charity. For every £5 donated in the name of GET ON, I'll come back online a day earlier. For every £5 donated in the name of STAY OFF, I'll come back online a day later.

For anyone playing in the Disney mafia, which I doubt will be finished before the 12th, you'll have to donate money if you me back to mod the game! :p

For anyone playing in the Disney mafia, which I doubt will be finished before the 12th, you'll have to donate money if you me back to mod the game! :p

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

For a brief second, i thought you were signed up to that site that wipes you clean from the interwebs.

I don't have the disposable income to support you, m'lad, but I applaud your efforts! More of a digital coma though, isn't it? :P Anyway! Best of luck to you. I don't think I could do it - and I dread to think what I could achieve if I did do it...

So you're not donating anything? Everyone else has to do it for you?

Cheapskate.

Personally I think you've set the barrier a bit high, like £5 for a day you'll be lucky to get back a week earlier than expected.

Isn't this the same stunt various celebs pulled on twitter? Then realised that they weren't making money quick enough to get back online any time soon?

Well I'm giving up my main hobby in life for a month, so...

Personally I think you've set the barrier a bit high, like £5 for a day you'll be lucky to get back a week earlier than expected.

There has to be some element of hardship involved. If it were £1 a day, then it'd be too easy to raise £30 and not even be offline for a whole day.

£2-5 is the standard donation. It's not infeasible at all that I'll get on a week sooner at all.

Isn't this the same stunt various celebs pulled on twitter? Then realised that they weren't making money quick enough to get back online any time soon?

Similar. They each have to raise $100,000 to get back online, whereas I'm definitely going to come back, you just get to decide when I do. :)

I often think about quitting the internet, sometimes temporarily, sometimes permanently, but never get round to it for longer than a hangovers length. I might be willing to part with a few quid, but what assurances do we have that you won't just be back 5 minutes later under a false name?

But... Mafia :( Did you plan on doing this during your mafia by any chance?

Well if I had no reason to be missed, I wouldn't get any donations at all.

Theoretically, if everyone playing in the Disney Mafia donated £8.50, I wouldn't even be gone for a day. Obviously I'm not demanding you do that, since that's a relatively large amount of money to give away, but a little donation would get me back quicker.

I might be willing to part with a few quid, but what assurances do we have that you won't just be back 5 minutes later under a false name?

Because I'm not a dick (in that respect).

(Plus jayseven IP screens everyone, so I'd be found out immediately :p)

It's like when he was at the student "protests" he encouraged people to destroy but stood back himself :hehe:

Anyways, best of luck to ya kiddo, hope you raise some monies.

Can I give money for you to stay away longer? :p

Joking aside, good luck to you.

I've donated £5.00 to the cause. :)

Stay off?

Seriously though, how much fiddling is needed to make sure the money goes towards your return instead of someone elses?

Yes you can.

For every £5 donated in the name of GET ON, I'll come back online a day earlier. For every £5 donated in the name of STAY OFF, I'll come back online a day later.

I've donated £5.00 to the cause. :)

Yes, thank you very much!

Yes, please do! I'd love to see a tug-of-war game element to it all.

Seriously though, how much fiddling is needed to make sure the money goes towards your return instead of someone elses?

I'm not sure what you mean?

I'm doing this independently of anyone else. This is my own idea, modeled on the Save A Child campaign with the celebrities.

Because I'm not a dick (in that respect).

(Plus jayseven IP screens everyone, so I'd be found out immediately :p)

If you say so, I'm new here, I don't know you, or this jayseven character, you could both be right dodgy for all I know.

It's a good cause though, so I'll see what I can spare when I get paid on Friday.

If you say so, I'm new here, I don't know you, or this jayseven character, you could both be right dodgy for all I know.

Both Chair and Jayseven are incredibly dodgy.

I donated for you to get back on. :) Reading your posts are always interesting because your opinions and views on life are fascinating. Plus I like you as a person, even if I don't always agree with you. :)

It's a good cause though, so I'll see what I can spare when I get paid on Friday.

Vote: Mad Monkey

It might get boring for a month. The only people I'll be able to annoy are Paj, The Bard and a bit of Ellmeister.

It might get boring for a month. The only people I'll be able to annoy are Paj, The Bard and a bit of Ellmeister.

Trust me they're not the only ones.