NEurope
ReZourceman

Pokémafia 8 : Crusade of the Dragons

This is going to be interesting - I don't know who you are but I assume the turquoise and orange pokemon you posted about yesterday, the first PM you posted (although I think you were lying about your role, but I really don't know)

Salamence flew up into the air, it did a U-Turn and smashed itself into the ground, its mouth wide open. Its large fangs broke clean off. Salamence picked up the dragon teeth, and rammed the sharp bones straight into its own heart. Dragon's are weak against Dragon's...this would surely kill him. He fell to the floor, his own blood filled the crater of its own doing. He was dead.

373.png

Heroicjanitor is dead. He was Salamence, with his huge wing span he could evade the tracking of other Pokemon. He was the leader of the mafia.

The remaining townies gathered around the body, as it started to snow. At the highest peak of the town a figure was watching down on the Pokemon below. *Beep beep beep* Tentacool's Pokedex flickered. The other Pokemon turned around. Tentacool said nothing. He tapped a button on his Pokedex and dissappeared.

72.png

Nintendohnut was Tentacool. He dissappeared. He won the game with the town. Using his modified Pokedex he could find out the identity of other players, using this information to sabotage the Dragon mafia and gain ranks in Cybernetic Mewtwo's army.

Vileplume wiped a tear from its eye. It was still finding it difficult to cope without Growlithe. A passion that was taken away in its youth. It simply walked away from the dead body of Salamence, and had only one thing on its mind.

45.png

Brian Mcoy was Vileplume. He left the mountain range for personal reasons. He won the game with town, using his illuminating spores and eventually finding protection in the graveyard as he mourned the loss of his partner.

Moltres was flapping its wings around the body of the mafia don. Every few seconds the fire on its back sparked, flaring with rage. Fire Blast was used! Moltres cremated the body of Salamence. It had caused much bloodshed in the place that Moltres called home. The snow started to come down heavily. Moltres had no choice but to retreat to its high mountain cave.

146.png

Tales was Moltres. His home has been damaged both physically and metaphorically. He won the game with town, with his powerful fire body he could illuminate anyone targeting him and find out who did so. The backlash to roleblockers would have been apparent.

Ninetails with its thick coat of fur could withstand the heavy blizzard that was appearing. It made sure the burning of the final mafia member raged on, gently spurring it with its embers. It stood over the body, a born survivor it cared little for what had happened to the town.

38.png

Dyson was Ninetails. He tended the flames of the mafia member, well into the night. He won the game with town, using confusing embers he switch two targets around.

Exeggutor fell down the mountain side. It wandered off in the middle of the commotion.

103.png

MadDog was Exeggutor. He's rolling down the mountain side, each of his head laughing, smiling or smirking. He won with the town, using the ability to psychicly scan pages he could detect lies, but his appearance was scary and he would appear evil under investigation.

*Beep* Tentacool appeared atop the mountain peak, next to the snow doused figure - Cybernetic Mewtwo.

MewtwoCyberpngy.png

"So you helped them win?" the evil leader enquired. "Yes. It would appear I revealed the weak spots of your Dragon pawns." replied the jelly-like ambitious Pokemon. Cybernetic Mewtwo paused. The blizzard became too intense for them to continue their conversation. Instead, Cybernetic Mewtwo charged his arm-guns...they glew bright and burning blue and shot Tentacool.

Cybernetic Mewtwo turned around.

131d.png

Shiny Lapras was shooting the sky with a powerful Blizzard attack. The attack covering the mountain range in thick snow. "By morning, any Pokemon still here should be dead." uttered the beautiful but deadly Lapras. "Good." Cybernetic Mewtwo replied. He hopped on top of the Lapras. "It is time to visit Pallet Town". In a large flash of light green, the Pokemon were gone.

To be continued in....

Pokémafia 9 : Red and Blue

Epic win FTW.

Can you explain what heroic meant by us being lucky now, Rez (or heroic/any other mafia member)

Epic win FTW.

Can you explain what heroic meant by us being lucky now, Rez (or heroic/any other mafia member)

Town were intensely lucky on one occasion; MadDog accusing Diageo. Lol. (I'll explain more in roles post)

Mafia were unlucky on several occasions; Hit the person who was protected once, hit Sméagol who could protect himself once every third night, on the night he protected himself, went for a kill on gmac the same night a serial killer did and thus lost out on a kill.

I thought they had the game in the bag. I don't think they were overly cocky, it was more a case of they didn't really want any of their own to die. Also Marcamillian was a little inactive which is a bit of a shame, but yeah. I think they did play very well and it was unfortunate they lost, but the town were....god...just so fucking smart on getting around Ellmeisters vote vortex. I was shitting myself with excitement around that period.

I'll post roles in a second.

Mcoy thought he kept himself under wraps quite well. When Mcoy's partner died he was evolved and able to visit the graveyard every few nights, Mcoy was not prone to night killings during this time which was very handy. Mcoy was curious what the lynchbomb was supposed to do?

This is the first time Mcoy has ever won a mafia game (let alone make it 1/4th way through) Mcoy must admit he really fucked up with the accusation on paj though :P

Well done town! It's rare that you get the chance to really pull together tactically and you guys managed to turn the tide of the game :bowdown:

Mcoy thought he kept himself under wraps quite well. When Mcoy's partner died he was evolved and able to visit the graveyard every few nights, Mcoy was not prone to night killings during this time which was very handy. Mcoy was curious what the lynchbomb was supposed to do?

This is the first time Mcoy has ever won a mafia game (let alone make it 1/4th way through) Mcoy must admit he really fucked up with the accusation on paj though :P

mr-pauls lynch bomb was the earthquake. It roleblocked everyone in the town apart from the player that had the deciding vote, i.e. the player that was at the epicentre of the earthquake. The idea being that a mafia member would get the last vote on and would be able to get away with a kill.....alas that didn't happen. :p

Also, I'm kinda sorry that your power was so passive, but if it wasn't it would have been quite over powered. Here are the roles.

Mafia

Mafia Rules - The mafia can target a player to be killed in the night phase. Whichever mafia member makes the kill, sacrifices their night power to do so.

373.png

Salamence - (Mafia Don) (Fly, Invisible Influential) Salamence has a double vote, but this will only become visible if the player reaches majority. Salamence cannot be tracked (works when killing).

635.png

Sazandora (Three Headed Hyper Beam, Bypass Defence) Sazandora can charge in the night phase. The following night phase it can target three players. One player will be roleblocked, one player will be wounded and unable to vote the following day and the third will be wounded lightly and be restriced to posting no more than ten words per post. The attacks will be randomly decided. Sazandora ignores the abilities of other Pokemon it attacks.

230.png

Kingdra (Safeguard, Vote Vortex) Kingdra can target a player in the night phase. That player will not be a valid target to anyone else, and if anyone targets them they will be told that the player could not be traced. When Kingdra votes for a mafia member to be lynched in the day phase, its vote will count for -1. (Water Stone Trigger - Kingdra holds internal water power, if Kingdra targets a specific Pokemon they will evolve.)

330.png

Flygon (Roleblocker, Earthquake, Earthquake Lynchbomb) Flygon can target a player in the night phase, they will be roleblocked. Alternatively Flygon can use Earthquake in the night phase. Every player will be roleblocked. If Flygon is lynched at any time, the following night phase Earthquake will be activated and all players will be roleblocked EXCEPT from the player that had the deciding vote.

149.png

Dragonite (Electric Light Message Beacon, Storm Cloud) Dragonite can paint vivid images in the night using its electrical powers. Dragonite can choose one sentence to be added into the following days write up. Dragonite can also target one player to be obscured by a storm cloud. That player and any associated action will be removed from the write up.

Edited by ReZourceman

Mcoy really wants to play the next pokemafia game now. Mcoy finds these ones enjoyable as Mcoy hardly knows any of the characters from the other mafia games.

Yeah, I don't know whether to compliment the town for tactically beating us in the end or cursing it for being so damn lucky all the time. :p

Anyway, really exciting and intense game. I enjoyed it very much despite losing. :)

Ha, I thought there might be a write-up alterer, I think I mentioned it at one point.

Rez, if it's not too much effort could you show which sentences were added in the write-ups? No worries if not.

Diageo - to be fair Maddog did explain that 1) His power wasn't fully accurate until after he evolved so when it said you were telling the truth that could have meant anything and 2) He did also mention at the PM had said you had bad intentions.

To be fair I was partly to blame for your lynch. I found a dragon on the first night, and in a MASSIVE stroke of luck for the mafia when we lynched him he was good. Which paved the way for all dragons to be seen as good, so the whole mafia were not under suspicion for several turns. You guys have to admit it was a pretty good start for you. If I'd targeted any of the mafia instead and we'd lynched because they were dragons, we would have seen the truth a lot earlier and stopped messing about trying to work out who the hell the mafia were.

Now I was near enough certain that on the first few nights Gloom and Growlithe would target each other to evolve....but to my surprise they didn't. So I had to play the fly a bit.

Townies - Gloom and Growlithe and evolutional variations

44.png

Gloom (Inseparable Partner, Stun Spore) Gloom shares a special bond with Growlithe. You can talk freely with Growlithe outside the mafia game thread, and can PM them at any time. Gloom and Growlithe are inseperable, only one of them can use their night power each night. The other Pokemon will keep a lookout and will be told who targets its partner. If Gloom or Growlithe are roleblocked, both will be roleblocked. Choose a target at night, and that player will appear in the write up with fuzzy spores on them. (Fire Stone Trigger - Gloom stores sun light in its body, if Gloom targets specific Pokemon they will evolve.)

45.png

Vileplume (Inseparable Partner, Stun Spore, Investigator) Vileplume shares a special bond with Arcanine. You can talk freely with Arcanine outside the mafia game thread, and can PM them at any time. Vileplume and Arcanine are inseperable, only one of them can use their night power each night. The other Pokemon will keep a lookout and will be told who targets its partner. If Vileplume or Arcanine are roleblocked, both will be roleblocked. Choose a target at night, and that player will appear in the write up with fuzzy spores on them. Alternatively Vileplume can team up with Arcanine to investigate a single character. Whilst together the pair will be immune from roleblocking.

45.png

Vileplume (Mourning Partner, Illuminous Spores) Vileplume shared a special bond with Growlithe. On odd nights Vileplume will visit Growlithe's grave. Whilst under the ghostly protection of the caretaker-Gengar Vileplume will be protected from night kills. Vileplume can use Illuminous spores at night, the following day phase a random character will be illuminated in the write up. (Fire Stone Trigger - Vileplume stores sun light in its body, if Gloom targets specific Pokemon they will evolve.) (Leaf Stone Trigger - Vileplume's bond with Growlithe was so strong that Growlithes powerful energy was transferred in its passing. Vileplume now has a powerful light aura, if Vileplume targets specific Pokemon they will evolve.)

58.png

Growlithe (Inseparable Partner, Will-O-Wisp) Growlithe shares a special bond with Gloom. You can talk freely with Gloom outside the mafia game thread, and can PM them at any time. Gloom and Growlithe are inseperable, only one of them can use their night power each night. The other Pokemon will keep a lookout and will be told who targets its partner. If Gloom or Growlithe are roleblocked, both will be roleblocked. Choose to use Will-O-Wisp at night, the following day phase a random character will be illuminated in the write up. (Leaf Stone Trigger - Growlithe has a powerful light aura, if Growlithe targets specific Pokemon they will evolve.)

59.png

Arcanine (Inseparable Partner, Will-O-Wisp, Investigator) Arcanine shares a special bond with Vileplume. You can talk freely with Vileplume outside the mafia game thread, and can PM them at any time. Vileplume and Arcanine are inseperable, only one of them can use their night power each night. The other Pokemon will keep a lookout and will be told who targets its partner. If Vileplume or Arcanine are roleblocked, both will be roleblocked. Choose to use Will-O-Wisp at night, the following day phase a random character will be illuminated in the write up. Alternatively Arcanine can team up with Vileplume to investigate a single character. Whilst together the pair will be immune from roleblocking.

Other Townies

72.png

Tentacool (Pokedex Investigator) Upon completing the task of reviving Luvdisc, you both headed to the Mountain of the Dragons, Cybernetic Mewtwo had set you the task of watching over the new mafia....however you want the mafia to fail so that you gain ranks in Cybernetic Mewtwo's army, and thus you are considered to be town. Tentacool can investigate a target at night. You will receive a PM back stating which Pokemon the target is.

73.png

Tentacruel (Pokedex Investigator) Upon completing the task of reviving Luvdisc, you both headed to the Mountain of the Dragons, Cybernetic Mewtwo had set you the task of watching over the new mafia....however you want the mafia to fail so that you gain ranks in Cybernetic Mewtwo's army, and thus you are considered to be town. Tentacruel can investigate a target at night. You will receive a PM back stating which Pokemon the target is, and their alignment.

370.png

Luvdisc (Swift Swim Outcome Stalker) Upon completing the task of reviving Luvdisc, You and Tentacool both headed to the Mountain of the Dragons, Cybernetic Mewtwo had set you the task of watching over the new mafia....however you want the mafia to fail so that you gain ranks in Cybernetic Mewtwo's army, and thus you are considered to be town. You can target a player in the night phase. You will find out exactly what happened to them (if they were targeted). Luvdisc is too fast to be roleblocked.

117d.png

Shiney Seadra - (Uber) (Whirlpool Protector) (Shiney Rules : Shiney Pokemon are immune to Post Restriction Type Attacks) Shiney Seadra can target a player in the night phase to be protected from kills. Shiney Seadra can target itself. Once it has targeted itself it cannot do so again for two night phases.

230d.png

Shiney Kingdra - (Uber) (Waterfall Protector) (Shiney Rules : Shiney Pokemon are immune to Post Restriction Type Attacks) Shiney Kingdra can target a player in the night phase to be protected from kills. Shiney Kingdra can target itself. Once it has targeted itself it cannot do so again for two night phases. Shiney Kingdra cannot be roleblocked.

ononokusu_sprite_by_pokemonnowmon-d2ys0nm.png

Ononokusu (Influential, Brute) Ononokusu's votes count for double. If Ononokusu is targeted in the night phase to be killed, it will simply break its outer shell. It will take another kill attempt to finish it off. (Unbeknownst role information : With its daunting appearance and its Dragon type, Ononokusu appears evil under investigation.)

334.png

Altaria (Power Protector) You can target a player in the night phase. That player will be protected from other powers (but not kill attempts).

443.png

Gible (Roleblocker) You can target a player in the night phase. That player will be roleblocked.

144.png

Articuno (Bright Tracker, Aurora Beam) Articuno can target a player in the night phase, and will be sent a PM back confirming who that player targeted (50% success rate). If Articuno targets a Dragon type Pokemon they will be restricted to posting ten words per post the following day.

145.png

Zapdos (Stalker, Surge Shock) Choose a target in the night phase, and you will receive a PM back stating who targeted that character. If Zapdos targets a water Pokemon they will be roleblocked in addition to stalked.

146.png

Moltres (Mirror Tracker, Flame Guard) Moltres will be told who targets it in the night phase, even if they are a roleblocker. If Moltres is targeted to be roleblocked the attacker will be burned and unable to use their power the following night phase.

102.png

Exegcute (Psychic Search) Exegcute has psychic powers. You can select a target and a page number from the previous days activities. That players posts will be scanned for authenticity, however with your amateur skills you cannot be 100% certain of their accuracy. Being a psychic egg Pokemon with multiple personalities, your appearance and demeanour scares people. As such you appear evil under investigation.

103.png

Exeggutor (Advanced Psychic Search) Exeggutor has psychic powers. You can select a target and a page number from the previous days activities. That players posts will be scanned for authenticity. Being a psychic egg Pokemon, your appearance scares people. As such you appear evil under investigation.

271.png

Lombre (Refreshing Spray) Choose a target at night. In the following night phase that character will have their night power supercharged.

272.png

Ludicolo (Rainy Day) Choose a target at night. In the following night phase that character will have their night power supercharged, Ludicolo can use this power on itself. If Ludicolo is targeted by a water Pokemon it will be protected.

37.png

Vulpix (Amateur Redirector) Choose a target at night. That player will be randomly redirected to another target.

38.png

Ninetails (Redirector) Choose two targets at night. Anyone targeting one player will instead target the other and vice versa.

Well, there were many dragons, both good and evil, so there's no saying you would've worked out the dual dragon types earlier. We were definitely lucky at some points, but in the end, pretty much everything went wrong for us.

Also, I'm glad ReZ is finally mixing things up with the types. It was just a wee bit too easy to identify mafia before when their type had been revealed.

Oh! Thanks to Jonnas/MadDog (Can't remember who it was actually sorry...)? For inspiring two roles - the refreshing spray, and the lie detector. :)

OH AND!!!!!!! OH GOD. In terms of storyline...like organic naturally created storyline, this was such a fucking fantastic game. The story wrote itself. I'll explain more when I get to the targets post.

Well, there were many dragons, both good and evil, so there's no saying you would've worked out the dual dragon types earlier. We were definitely lucky at some points, but in the end, pretty much everything went wrong for us.

Also, I'm glad ReZ is finally mixing things up with the types. It was just a wee bit too easy to identify mafia before when their type had been revealed.

Everything went to hell at the end. Ellmeister lost his password and couldn't keep you alive. We lost both of you very quickly and inserting the line that Nintendohnut had a win condition was our only hope. I thought I had convinced them for a while, but I at least convinced people I was townie and then after that that I was neutral.

Also good job to the mafia, we were unlucky not to win.

Great mafia Rez, I really enjoyed that. My first time being a mafia don, my first time killing someone, my first time needing to lie through my fucking teeth to keep from being lynched... Lots of firsts :)

Neutral roles. This is where it really got interesting.

Neutral

129.png

Magikarp (Suicidal) Magikarp must be lynched to evolve. Magikarp only gains a win condition when it has evolved.

130.png

Gyrados (Serial Killer) Gyrados can target a player in the night phase to be killed. Gyrados must kill three players to win the game. If this win condition is met Gyrados can become the sole winner of the game. To become the sole winner of the game Gyrados must be the last surviving player.

122.png

Mr Mime (Mime, Mimic, Immitate) Mr Mime can only post eight words per post and is not permitted to reveal this unless someone figures it out. Mr Mime can target players on odd night phases and use Mimic. Mr Mime will gain the same power as the target (this can be used for the rest of the match or until any odd night phase, when Mimic can be used again) Alternatively, Mr Mime can use Immitate on an even night phase, this is a single use power - Mr Mime will gain the alignment of the target. Mr Mime has no win condition whilst its alignment is neutral.

Mr. Mime mimicked Cube, and thus got a kill power even after Gyrados was dead. It was so lol.

Now I was near enough certain that on the first few nights Gloom and Growlithe would target each other to evolve....but to my surprise they didn't. So I had to play the fly a bit.

Mcoy and Chairdriver considered this, but we thought it was TOO obvious and that something bad would come out of it. Chairdriver was murdered a few nights later :(

Mcoy thought it was a shame an Eevee was not thrown into the batch as a neutral, you could have had it's different evolutions allign it to the good/bad side depending on who got lucky :P (Mcoy hasn't looked at the previous mafia threads so this may have already been done ><)

edit: Mcoy fail http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1061048&postcount=121

eevee.jpg

The possibilities!

Edited by Brian Mcoy

ReZ, the roles are all so creative :D ...and confusing!!

My mistakes were assuming that heroicjanitor was good all the way up to my death, and being easily led by others' votes and speculation :( Can't wait 'til the next Pokémafia!

Unbe-fucking-lievable. I get robbed of a deserved victory on the last night. These things are not easily forgotten!

Well done to us townies for turning it around when it looked to be lost.

Mewtwo is a muppet, he could've used tentacool in his next mission!

MewtwoCyberpngy.png

There is no room for disloyalty in my army.