NEurope
killer kirby

Xenoblade Chronicles (Aug 19th)

Japan Media Create June 7-13

01. / 00. [WII] Xenoblade (Nintendo) - 83.000 / NEW

02. / 01. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo) - 73.000 / 518.000 (-31%)

03. / 00. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City (Rockstar Games) - 64.000 / NEW

04. / 00. [NDS] Mega Man Zero Collection (Capcom) - 22.000 / NEW

05. / 03. [NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (Square Enix) - 19.000 / 1.141.000 (-19%)

06. / 00. [PS3] Just Cause 2 (Square Enix) - 16.000 / NEW

07. / 02. [PSP] Fairy Tail: Portable Guild (Konami) - 13.000 / 48.000 (-63%)

08. / 09. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Blue Samurai Challenge (Konami) - 13.000 / 106.000 (-8%)

09. / 10. [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 12.000 / 3.263.000 (-14%)

10. / 11. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 12.000 / 3.885.000 (-8%)

Didn't realise this was out!! I thought the release was months away!!

Good solid sales though!

Good its #1, but 83k first week is a little bit below my expectations. An exclusive JRPG with such high Famitsu score should do at least 500k lifetime in Japan alone.

Good its #1, but 83k first week is a little bit below my expectations. An exclusive JRPG with such high Famitsu score should do at least 500k lifetime in Japan alone.

The Xeno series don't have much of a good run truth be told, I think Xenosaga III all up sold close to 200k and thats it.

They never have good legs....but of course, this game is pretty big and vast from the impressions of the people who have imported it, so perhaps word of mouth could help, but I ain't holding my breath.

Good sales anyway, was expecting less then 50k truth be told.

I got the original soundtrack from Xenoblade (courtesy of Play-asia.com).

91 tracks, if anyone is interested, send me a PM with your MSN address or something so I can share these near-perfect music experiences with you lot.

(Will be about 2 weeks though, for I'm off to New York...::shrug:

With Tales of Graces not getting a release over here Xenoblade is one of my last big hopes for another awesome Wii RPG.

There's a fan translation under way for Tales of Graces thankfully by the folks that done Fatal Frame I think it was. Can't go trusting Namco anymore.

BUMP!

After emailing both NOE and NOA about both Xenoblade and Last Story, I received the following reply from NOA:

Hello,

Thanks for taking your time to contact us. Although I do not have release information for Europe or other countries, I do have some information for you. Monado: Beginning of the World (Xenoblade) has been officially announced for release in the Americas, but hasn't been given a release date yet. When it is, our website's Game Guide (http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide) will be the best place to find it. Once there, use the questions on the left to filter based on system, genre, online play, etc.

When you have narrowed your search, click on the game's title to see all the available information. If what you seek is not yet available, please check back later. When there is new information to share on announced games or other upcoming products, our website is the best official source!

Remember, any posted relee dates are estimates and subject to change. As a product's estimated release date approaches, you may wish to check with your local retailers to see when it may be available in your area.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

So it looks like Xenoblade (Monado) is at least scheduled to get a US release :grin:

I do remember hearing a month or so back that the old site for this hosted by NoA was taken down but given you're info mr bogus, I'd guess they're re-doing it for a relaunch in a couple of weeks/months/whenever Nintendo officially announce the game for release in the US.

I hope it comes to Europe. Obviously, we got Disaster, which was by the same developer, so you would think we'd have a better chance of getting the game. It should make it over anyway, along with The Last Story because unless Nintendo have a trove of Wii games they're set to announce at E3, there isn't a huge amount coming this year, and that includes from third parties so Nintendo will definitely need to set an example of why people should still be playing the Wii.

I hope it comes to Europe. Obviously, we got Disaster, which was by the same developer, so you would think we'd have a better chance of getting the game. It should make it over anyway, along with The Last Story because unless Nintendo have a trove of Wii games they're set to announce at E3, there isn't a huge amount coming this year, and that includes from third parties so Nintendo will definitely need to set an example of why people should still be playing the Wii.

In the same stroke, the US got both Baten Kaitos games while you only got the arguably worse first game. Also both from Monolith Soft, though before Nintendo bought them.

I do remember hearing a month or so back that the old site for this hosted by NoA was taken down...

I think it also got pulled from Amazon too at the same time leading to further speculation.

Excellent news if it is on the way though I will be somewhat annoyed it it only makes it as far as the US.

I'm more interested in this than Last Story but I wouldn't mind if that joined this in venturing out of the East.

The game is going to take ages for release, the amount of text in the game is huuuuuuuge compared to most RPG's. There are that many different side quests in the game it's crazy.

The game is going to take ages for release, the amount of text in the game is huuuuuuuge compared to most RPG's. There are that many different side quests in the game it's crazy.

Hmm I wonder if the text competes with the amount in Planescape Torment.

I believe their claim was over 1,000,000 lines of dialogue, though now on GoG it just says "Professional voice acting, superb music, complex and gripping dialogue that covers over 5 000 pages." Still it's the wordiest gameI can think of for comparison.

Ugh yeah, English voice acting needs to happen as well. I fully expect this to be released the same day as Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Hmm I wonder if the text competes with the amount in Planescape Torment.

I believe their claim was over 1,000,000 lines of dialogue, though now on GoG it just says "Professional voice acting, superb music, complex and gripping dialogue that covers over 5 000 pages." Still it's the wordiest gameI can think of for comparison.

The largest amount of words I have heard is Dragon Quest VII, which American translators said the game had 70,000 pages of text to translate. It took like a year I think before it came out to US after the release in Japan.

I don't see why they shouldn't release the game, I mean Nintendo of America gave Baten Kaitos Origins a chance and it had easily some of the best voice acting in any game ever. Plus it's one of the greatest games ever created :D

(But I still want Soma Bringer :( )

Excellent news if it is on the way though I will be somewhat annoyed it it only makes it as far as the US.

I don't mind, even if it only comes out in US i'll import it - at least it's in a language i can understand.

I fail to see why it takes so long to translate games. Surely, you hire more translators on temporary contracts - you get the game out earlier, start making money earlier.

Yeah but translators cost a fortune - anywhere between £30-75k per year depending on the languages involved (Japanese being one of the hardest), and with bigger teams you need a better, more expensive project manager to keep the writing style together and not make it look like a dozen people have written it. If you have anymore than a team of twelve translators working on a project you're unlikely to turn a profit, something made all the more difficult with a niche genre on a platform with a small audience for that genre.

Nintendo is a business and I can understand why from a business point of view they'd be reluctant to put huge resources behind such projects. Still, as a gamer I really hope Nintendo lose their business sense for this and last story and get a huge team on the job right now!

Guess I best get the ol' homebrew back again. I don't wanna go missing out on this, and I still need to get Arc Rise Fantasia and if it is true, Talse of Graces.

This just reminds me of PSO, so I really want to give this a play.

Guess I best get the ol' homebrew back again. I don't wanna go missing out on this, and I still need to get Arc Rise Fantasia and if it is true, Tales of Graces.

This just reminds me of PSO, so I really want to give this a play.

Daftada is on the ball about translators, I am sure Nintendo will bring it out over here, it's just going to take some time for it too, that is all, besides...I bet a lot of people have a huge backlog of games to complete still. Better not add this game to the list for a while.