NEurope
Jonnas

The Gentlemen's Mafia II - Hunter's Chance

Ok... all up to speed.

Smeagol, its not looking good. Have you been provided any flavour text relating you to Edward Gallendeau?

Along the same lines... not finding anything of merit last night I did some digging in the first gentlemans thread for potential survivors of last time...

- ANGUS MCNEIL (escaped) - lost british twin James Barker, killed him.

<>SURVIVORS

- Olivia

- Lord James of Wales (impotent king)

- Duke Phillip Manning

- Neville Gladstone (shunned by science)

- Walter Armstrong (world class boxer.. trying to win every belt)

- Alphonse Matthews (dissapeared... searching for worthy opponents)

- Steven Manleigh ("... to his death?" - died before second game?)

- Victor Campbell (expelled as judge.. joined army to train recriuts with Manleigh)

- Arthur Langley (unpopular politician)

Interesting, I thought the only survivors were the ones who died/were killed at the beginning of this game! Excepting Angus, of course.

You seem to be arguing this point quite vehemently, when it's really not the case. As a neutral, his win condition could be anything!

(totally tired btw, didnt manage to get on at work last night)

But the problem with neutrals is that it's hard to trust them. We never know if they're going to win on their own or along with the town (or maybe even along with whoever wins), and they sure as heck aren't going to tell us if they can snatch the victory away. They can pretend to cooperate with the town the entire game and then steal the victory at the last minute.

Of course, the neutral-good ones often have very helpful powers that can really benefit the town - but the problem still lies in the trust.

All that being said, I do get a trusting vibe from Sméagol ... but I can't determine if he's just a good liar. Especially since I find his role as, he's described it, more and more plausible.

Interesting, I thought the only survivors were the ones who died/were killed at the beginning of this game! Excepting Angus, of course.

I'm pretty sure that there are other survivors still in this game.

But the problem with neutrals is that it's hard to trust them. We never know if they're going to win on their own or along with the town (or maybe even along with whoever wins), and they sure as heck aren't going to tell us if they can snatch the victory away. They can pretend to cooperate with the town the entire game and then steal the victory at the last minute.

Of course, the neutral-good ones often have very helpful powers that can really benefit the town - but the problem still lies in the trust.

All that being said, I do get a trusting vibe from Sméagol ... but I can't determine if he's just a good liar. Especially since I find his role as, he's described it, more and more plausible.

Yeah that's fair enough too, but at such early days I don't imagine him to win soon, so he's still a potential asset to the town, or as well a more viable target for tomorrow. We could learn something just by leaving him alive tonight, now we know more about him.

With the non-specificness of the survivors who have died I'm looking for whoever I can. The one that intrigues me most is the mention of the queens husband Lord James and his wife wearing the trousers in the relationship

==============================

Eenuh

Princess Olivia

Having survived this complicated ordeal, Olivia grew to become one of the most popular personalities in British history. She eventually married Lord James of Wales, effectively making him the King, but everybody knows she is the one truly in charge.

Cube

Duke Philip Manning

Since that time, the Duke has travelled the world several times over. Remaining always loyal to the crown, his influence and wisdom proved instrumental in the Kingdom's prosperous future.

heroicjanitor

The Detective, Neville Gladstone

This eccentric detective, or "The Janitor", to his friends, eventually released a book, detailing the complicated relation between psychological human behaviour and algebraic statistics.

It was shunned by the scientific community at the time, but which revolutionary theory isn't?

Jayseven

The Pugilist, Walter Armstrong

This paranoid athlete lost much of his previous inhibition, allowing him to become champion in every sort of sanctioned tournament, including the Olympics.

His current goal: to gain a title in every single weight class. Good luck, Walter!

Marcamillian

The Fencer, Alphonse Matthews

This exceptional fencer, bored with the life of monitored duels, eventually disappeared. It is said that he now travels the world, searching for worthy opponents.

Rummy

Commander-in-Chief Steven Manleigh

The life of a military officer is never easy. He boldly refused any sort of reward for his help in this incident, yet, to his death, he would always enjoy the undying loyalty of his peers.

His night-vision monocle, however, would always be declared "far too situational" for practical use.

MadDog

Judge Victor Campbell

His violent methods exposed, Campbell was deposed of his position as Judge. Commander-in-Chief Manleigh eventually summoned him, to teach new recruits how to become real men.

The British army would become more fearsome than ever before.

ReZourceman

Prime Minister Arthur Langley

He was never a popular figure, and this event would not change things.

At a later time, he launched a cologne brand named after his kitten. It failed, but that did not bring down his optimism. Hope is truly never-ending for this man!

==================================

What if he's mafia though...he clearly tried to pretend he was townie first, and then we guessed he was neutral and now Smeagol has changed it.

An extra night of a possible mafia member?

What if he's mafia though...he clearly tried to pretend he was townie first, and then we guessed he was neutral and now Smeagol has changed it.

An extra night of a possible mafia member?

Changed it? I believe he still claims to be town.

I'm not sure any more. Sméagol how exactly would you protect someone? When you first said it I assumed you made it up to pretend you were useful.

Yeah that's fair enough too, but at such early days I don't imagine him to win soon, so he's still a potential asset to the town, or as well a more viable target for tomorrow. We could learn something just by leaving him alive tonight, now we know more about him.

You do make a good point here. At least we'll keep a close eye on him from now on. However, if he does turn out to be neutral, we should lynch him, seeing as he lied about his alignment.

Remove Vote

I don't have time to do a proper write-up now (only tomorrow), but heed me:

Nobody was lynched today

Feel free to start sending your targets.

---------------------

Accusations flung around Sméagol. It seems there were plenty of reasons he should be lynched.

"He knows something about 5 locks!"

"He is a thief!"

"He shares a name with a traitor!"

"He is French!"

"It is tradition!"

Yet nothing was a strong enough argument for the Gentlemen. The day ended without a conclusion, but who knows what the future holds...?

-----------------

Remaining Players

aqui1a

chairdriver

Cube

Dannyboy

Dazz

Diageo

Dyson

EddieColeslaw

Eenuh

Ellmeister

Esequiel

Flinky

Herojan

Jayseven

MadDog

Marcamillian

Mundi

Nintendohnut

ReZ

Rummy

Sméagol

Sprout

Tales

The Peeps

Zell

Night 2 starts now

Edited by Jonnas

I guess I'll start baking a cake then, for my potential visitors.

I know we're not supposed to talk during the night...but what does this mean?

He thinks he will be targeted by several people and so has introduced the concept of a hospitable, hypothetical cake for everyone who target's him.

It means he suspects people will target him heavily during the night, thus he joked with it. I do not deem it a grave infraction.

P.S.: I don't think I had ever seen 15 unread PMs before. Well done, people!

P.S.2: For those who aren't among the 15, the day starts tomorrow. Send your PMs post-haste!

P.S.3: Ninja gentlemen everywhere!

I don't want to say what he meant since it is borderline against the rules :p

Double: Beaten to it.

Night 2 has ended

------------------

Angus MacNeil approached his victim's bedroom. Sensing movement inside, he waited patiently outside.

Soon enough, the door opened. The hunter quickly leaped, grabbed his victim, and held her against the wall.

"Any last words, lassie?"

The girl whispered something to herself.

"Hm? Are you...? Wait a second..."

The hunter weighed his options.

-------------------

The townies gathered in the main hall, but noticed something odd.

"My! Where is the Janitor of Heroics?"

"He has gone missing!"

Jonnas spoke: "As the resident Gatekeeper, I feel obligated to clarify:

Heroicjanitor is dead. He was the Maid, Mary Wilson, who could steal from other players' rooms. He was Good."

"Oh no... And where might the body be?"

"Master Angus has chosen to keep that information secret"

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

"Hmm..."

"Mysterious happenings aside, there is a new speech for you today:

'Gentlemen, I have carefully observed Sméagol tonight. Indeed, he is a thief, who steals. He is also capable of protecting others, though I know not from what.

It should be noted, however, that there was no evidence whatsoever of him belonging to any group. That is what I saw.

Stay safe and alert.'"

Without further ado, the gentlemen commenced discussion.

------------------

Remaining Players

aqui1a

chairdriver

Cube

Dannyboy

Dazz

Diageo

Dyson

EddieColeslaw

Eenuh

Ellmeister

Esequiel

Flinky

Jayseven

MadDog

Marcamillian

Mundi

Nintendohnut

ReZ

Rummy

Sméagol

Sprout

Tales

The Peeps

Zell

There are 24 remaining players (majority is 13)

Day 3 starts now

Soooo....Sméagol is neutral then?

All I learned is that a handsome man attacked someone unprovoked which is like the vaguest thing ever considering this is a game with gentlemen. Who in this game would call themself a respected figure? Appearently you met him.

All I learned is that a handsome man attacked someone unprovoked which is like the vaguest thing ever considering this is a game with gentlemen. Who in this game would call themself a respected figure? Appearently you met him.

I that must be me. Angus MacNeil walked past me so I pushed him over and ran away.

Like a man.

Although nothing was mentioned in the write-up so I suspect it may have been someone disguised as Angus.

I'm a little concerned by these writeups.. I don't want to fall in to the trap of trusting the speeches we get. It could be an elaborate mafia ruse. It's good information to get but if the Mafia have some way of meddling with the outcome we might end up pointing fingers at ourselves.

All these notes seem to be incriminating, they portray the player in a bad light. I don't like it.

Sméagol is indeed a protector though, that appears true, but I would wager he can't protect from kills.

I'm still not sure on him but do not suspect him to be mafia at this point. Anyone else got anything interesting. Can you explain further what you did last night Cube? It sounds interesting.