NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

think my special edition version is a hash job the box was unsealed and on the back of mine on the left edge there is celetape holding it together , am i alone on this ?. sigh

A few of the sidequests i've picked up have a clock next to them. I'm going to assume these have to be done before a certain time or they will disappear.

I love the feeling of exploration that this game gives you. It's great getting a few sidequests on the go and then setting out in search of a monster or items. What makes this even better is that there are no guides kicking around the usual places so you have to find these things yourself or get help from people who are playing it aswell.

Does anyone else just leave the opening screen running for a while when you boot the game up? The music is so relaxing and epic at the same time.

Speaking of music, my favourite track so far is probably this one...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It's great when it kicks in, I get all hyper. :D

The local Gamestop got TWO copies today, all gone...might be some in the store a bit farther away, but not sure if I can be arsed to cycle there...maybe tomorrow xD

My store only had two as well, one SE and one normal which I bought. Loving this game obviously. Five hours in and still haven't left the first town. Which was surprisingly huge.

H-O-T, that's right, it means they will disappear if you advance the main story further.

H-O-T, that's right, it means they will disappear if you advance the main story further.

I'm at level 18 at the moment, about nine hours into the game and in the second main area. Like H-O-T said, it's absolutely enormous - I've been so impressed by the landscapes in this game.

Gah, I really want this game now after hearing you guys talking about it. Don't know if I can justify it what with moving at starting college next month...

Dilemma!

As for the song, I think we were all waiting for a YouTube video of your personal rendition :p

The thought had crossed my mind, haha.

Does anyone else just leave the opening screen running for a while when you boot the game up? The music is so relaxing and epic at the same time.

Haha I did that when I first loaded the game and likely will do it again when I load it up again later

I'm 8 hours in and just reached the 2nd area of the game but I have went back to the first area to do some more sidequests. I've just had a quick look and already I have done 50 sidequests and i've barely scratched the surface of the game!

I went looking around Colony 9 for the last vegetable I need for my collection book but for the life of me I can't find it. I have looked all over the map and picked up every blue orb i've seen but still nothing. :nono:

Anyone know if there's another to get these items other than the blue orbs?

I couldn't find that one too until I went to agora shores (the other side of the map with really strong monsters you should avoid) and I found it on the beach. I am 8 or so hours in and I have four party members and am level 27. Great game and loving the enviroments :). Also I got it 2 days early :D

I couldn't find that one too until I went to agora shores (the other side of the map with really strong monsters you should avoid) and I found it on the beach. I am 8 or so hours in and I have four party members and am level 27. Great game and loving the enviroments :). Also I got it 2 days early :D

Thanks for that, I will pop back to that area in a minute. There are still a couple of unique monsters I need to kill in that area but have yet to see them.

I'm running around the Gaur Plains at the moment looking for a beastie called Field Ponios but still haven't found any yet. Anyone come across any?

I'm running around the Gaur Plains at the moment looking for a beastie called Field Ponios but still haven't found any yet. Anyone come across any?

They're quite common during the day. Usually hang round in packs of about 3.

They're quite common during the day. Usually hang round in packs of about 3.

Thanks for that. I will head back there once i've checked around for that vegetable I was missing. Thank goodness for fast travel. :D

Anyone else register the game on Club Nintendo yet and download the soundtrack?

Just did it myself, not listened to it yet, gonna fire up the game in a minute.

Also remembered about the reversable cover and promptly turned mine around on the box :D

Anyone else register the game on Club Nintendo yet and download the soundtrack?

I registered it but haven't bothered with the soundtrack yet.

Just found my last piece of veg on Colony 9, it was right where leostar said it would be, although I did have to make sure it was night as during the day it didn't show up.

Onward to find and slay some Ponio!!!

Also remembered about the reversable cover and promptly turned mine around on the box :D

I don't know if it's different in the UK, but I'm pretty disappointed with the reversible cover. It's just an image. The spine of the Box doesn't have the Logo or game's name, the front doesn't even have the Logo. It just looks unfinished to me. And why people chose the touched up "game graphic" image instead of the awsome concept art (second choice) is still a mystery to me. :blank:

Too much niggling I guess, but I will just leave the normal cover. ;) Although, being the special edition, aside from the USK-rating they apparently had to destroy it even more by writing "Not to be sold separately" in 7 languages all over the lower right corner. :(

Edited by Burny

Well i just finished a hell of a long session with this game. Started in the either mine, didn't stop untill i got out. Now my eyes hurt and i'm tired....sleepeh martins

downloading the soundtrack now, gonna have a listen then take a nap!

Can someone explain the vision system in battle for me? I understand that if you see the enemy attacking another member of your party, you can go and warn them, but I don't understand how you're supposed to know which of their moves you're supposed to choose to avoid/counter the attack. Same with if I see the enemy is going to attack me - how do I know what to choose to avoid it? I understand it's something to do with the type of attack they're going to do, and the colour of the font it's written in (red, white or purple), but that's about as much as I understand.

As for my progress, I've just met Cockney robot for the first time - love it! :D

Much of the time, there is very little you can do to avoid it completely. At the best of times, you'd do well to soften the blow. It's quite a tricky system.

You'll later unlock more Monado powers that will aid you, though. If you can completely change fate and 'break' their attack, you get a mega intensity boost. S'all good.

I'm pleased to report that this sold really well today - at least in the store I work in. We had 8 of the Special Editions and we sold 6 of them by the end of the day. We had 12 copies of the standard edition and we're down to 3. I'd consider that a huge success if the numbers are similar around the country.

I'm extremely tempted to pick it up despite not loving my Wii and/or JRPG's much. That said I love the Tales games - any similarities?

Ok just finished up a good session on this. Tried jumping right into more side quests and tried to do one of the monster ones but my level was too low and kept dying :heh:

So followed the story a bit more got to the cave and mucked about in there a bit. Died god knows how many times in the cave too. And the Black Necter for one side quest took frakking AGES to find, didn't help much with there being just 2 bat things in there that give it :heh:

Ended up getting to end of the cave and triggered an AWESOME cut scene. Though I didn't save after it. Lucky I had saved just before it so reloaded that and went back for more side questing and leveling up.

Up to level 12 now and just a bit off of 13 I think. Before I finished up just ran around the colony looking for more side quests and just got them on my list and will do tomorrow. Is there a limited number of side quests before that cut scene cause as long as I keep finding them I may never progress the story :heh:

Speaking of the side quests, I've gotten and done Monster Quests 2 & 4.... where the hell are 1 & 3 :heh:

Also would I be the only one who bought the Bikini armour for Fiora :D

I just wish I had more free time so I could have some longer play sessions :(

Edited by Mokong

Also would I be the only one who bought the Bikini armour for Fiora :D

Yeah I bought it too, then I lost it due to the story...:(

Yeah I bought it too, then I lost it due to the story...:(

You can lose it? OH NOOOO

I may never continue the story now, haha

Poor Franklin... he doesn't know...

YOU LOSE IT BECAUSE EVERYONE BECOMES NAKED

Do not toy with me Aaron, if that does not happen I will be very Disappoint :mad:

Speaking of the side quests, I've gotten and done Monster Quests 2 & 4.... where the hell are 1 & 3 :heh:

I just wish I had more free time so I could have some longer play sessions :(

I know I have all 4, I'll check tomorrow if you still need help. Lv 14, just about to leave the colony/finish 50 or so quests...

Never got to buy the bikini outfit :(

Edited by Tales