NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

Honestly, I disagree. I watched some of it, and turned it off since it was so boring. Way too much time wasted with stuff we already knew about from the other conferences, and very little time given to new stuff (except for Just Cause 3). Basically, the same problems that Nintendo's had, but worse (plus, every time something small was announced, you could only hear one guy clapping. Dead silence, otherwise)

Kingdom Hearts III (a series I don't care much for) and the Nier guy with the mask were the only highlights. They should just have that guy present the entire conference next time :heh:

That Kingdom Hearts section was more exciting than the whole of what Nintendo showed me. I also enjoyed the Nier announcement, Star Ocean being shown and them detailing their new RPG studio. They also showed Just Cause 3 and new footage from Tomb Raider. Yeah, much better presser from my point of view.

That Kingdom Hearts section was more exciting than the whole of what Nintendo showed me. I also enjoyed the Nier announcement, Star Ocean being shown and them detailing their new RPG studio. They also showed Just Cause 3 and new footage from Tomb Raider. Yeah, much better presser from my point of view.

Absolutely. The Kingdom Hearts video was absolutely immense. Unlike the Nintendo conference which was all complete bollocks, unfortunately.

I know lots of Nintendo fans who had the consoles all the way through to Wii but didn't get a Wii U - but some have alternative systems and trust me they'd still like the games enough that they'd buy them if available on the PS4/XBone/PS360.

Another point about Nintendo going 3rd-party is that their games would get much more exposure. Let's say, for example, a Sony site runs a "Top 20 PlayStation 5 Games" feature. Nintendo releases Metroid Prime 4, it's critically acclaimed, and so gets into these lists. That's going to make the average gamer notice it much more than they did Metroid Prime 3, which was on an extremely successful console.

I'd have no problem whatsoever with Nintendo going multiformat. My only doubt is whether they'd make high-budget games. If they don't now, why would they for other consoles?

From what I read on IGN and Kotaku the Square Enix conference was pretty terrible and pointless, with loads of identical trailers from the other conferences.

Anyway the over-reaction re: Nintendo's show is getting a little silly now. Nintendo clearly "won" E3 last year, but they're winding down Wii U games atm and therefore had a poor show. Had they scrapped the 5 or 6 Directs during the year and put all their eggs in one basket (like Sony and Microsoft do) they would have had a great showing.

From what I read on IGN and Kotaku the Square Enix conference was pretty terrible and pointless, with loads of identical trailers from the other conferences.

Instead of reading about these things, have you ever thought to watch/experience it yourself?

Obviously the games revealed there might not be to your taste, but that's for you to decide rather than these journalists (or 'bloggers' in Kotaku's case, they like to switch between the two depending on the situation). Personally I loved it, but I was bound to considering Deus Ex was on the cards.

Anyway the over-reaction re: Nintendo's show is getting a little silly now. Nintendo clearly "won" E3 last year, but they're winding down Wii U games atm and therefore had a poor show. Had they scrapped the 5 or 6 Directs during the year and put all their eggs in one basket (like Sony and Microsoft do) they would have had a great showing.

I assume this isn't literal and you know Sony and Microsoft make announcements at events throughout the year...right?

I assume this isn't literal and you know Sony and Microsoft make announcements at events throughout the year...right?

They reveal multiple brand new first party AAA games/hardware 5-6 times a year?

Maybe 3-4 times a year at events like...

E3

Gamescom

Paris Games Week

Comic-Con

PlayStation Experience

etc...

Edited by Retro_Link

They reveal multiple brand new first party AAA games/hardware 5-6 times a year?

This...

Maybe 3-4 times a year.

E3

Gamescom

Paris Games Week

Comic-Con

PlayStation Experience

etc...

and where did the "first party AAA" qualifier come from?

To be frank if great games come to the console what the fuck should it matter who made it? Why is Nintendo allowed to be known for being different but others criticised for not being the same as Nintendo?

Nintendo Treehouse @ E3 2015 - Reggie stops by

Someone take that shovel from Reggie and clatter him over the head with it.

Sheikh's absolutely loving this isn't he, constant dig dig dig dig. Bet he's posting more on the nintendo board than the sony one...

This e3 won't mean anything in a months time. All that matters is the games we'll be playing,. Like I've mentioned, nintendo will probably release another console before we get to play final fantasy and Kingdom hearts 3 and maybe even uncharted and last guardian.

And before someone says - we'll be playing 3rd party games instead or whatever. But like I've said many times, that's not the big story, the big debate out of e3, which is the big announcements and the lack of a future. I genuinely believe pS4 has had another lucky ride out of this e3; they have the whole generation, they've played their flute and everyones followed them, but their exclusive games have been really really disappointing, and their 3rd parties are on the one, which has better exclusives. Even this year, people keep saying 3rd parties will carry ps4 through, true, but xbox has all that and far far more. This isn't a conversation that is happening, sony have constantly escaped this. Find it fascinating!!

"The reaction has been real strong".

Yes. For everyone else.

haha, I've just checked Sheikhs last 50 posts, and yes, most on nintendo board. Weird, because he loves sony so much and they have had an amazing e3 I thought he'd want to be constantly talking about it... no!? If people can't see how much this how much of a troll he is nothing will.

Why even bring something like this up. You guys clearly have beef with one another so take to PMs instead of bringing this pants up in threads. If you think he's trolling then have words with the staff about it.

As for Sony having a lucky year, not really. They've done their homework and read the market very well this generation. This E3 they gave the fans what they want. I've said this many times before but 1st party titles, while nice to have, aren't driving the market. It's the 3rd party titles that are attracting the masses and by making deals and promoting them as if they were exclusives ( See Destiny, Battlefront, Creed and now CoD ) they are getting a tight grip on the games that the mass market want.

Dazzy, I think you're really missing a huge point here. Most people here are, at their core, Nintendo fans. They're super pissed off and have been for years. Of course they're going to go to the Nintendo boards (on a Nintendo forum) and vent their disappointment.

Most of my posts are probably on the Nintendo boards and they're also probably negative, or probably have been for the last two years. Sue me.

NINTENDO Europe user spends most of time in Nintendo board. Huge fucking shocker.

Keep it up though guys, all this salt is fucking delicious.

@dazzybee Ever think there are less posts on the Other Consoles board because people aren't constantly getting caught up in/having to respond to arguments (such as the one you potentially just created), justify themselves, or having to be so vocal about their opinions and thoughts towards Nintendo's crazy decisions and their game announcements?

The atmosphere on the Other Console board has been great this E3. And there's no reason to make countless posts; the Press Conferences and Games speak for themselves. People are happy.

Sheikh's absolutely loving this isn't he, constant dig dig dig dig. Bet he's posting more on the nintendo board than the sony one...

This e3 won't mean anything in a months time. All that matters is the games we'll be playing,. Like I've mentioned, nintendo will probably release another console before we get to play final fantasy and Kingdom hearts 3 and maybe even uncharted and last guardian.

And before someone says - we'll be playing 3rd party games instead or whatever. But like I've said many times, that's not the big story, the big debate out of e3, which is the big announcements and the lack of a future. I genuinely believe pS4 has had another lucky ride out of this e3; they have the whole generation, they've played their flute and everyones followed them, but their exclusive games have been really really disappointing, and their 3rd parties are on the one, which has better exclusives. Even this year, people keep saying 3rd parties will carry ps4 through, true, but xbox has all that and far far more. This isn't a conversation that is happening, sony have constantly escaped this. Find it fascinating!!

haha, I've just checked Sheikhs last 50 posts, and yes, most on nintendo board. Weird, because he loves sony so much and they have had an amazing e3 I thought he'd want to be constantly talking about it... no!? If people can't see how much this how much of a troll he is nothing will.

Fuck me, are you sure you're not the one trolling here?

Nintendo Treehouse @ E3 2015 - Reggie stops by

Someone take that shovel from Reggie and clatter him over the head with it.

So lovable at times, yet so completely aggravating every other time.

Why even bring something like this up. You guys clearly have beef with one another so take to PMs instead of bringing this pants up in threads. If you think he's trolling then have words with the staff about it.

As for Sony having a lucky year, not really. They've done their homework and read the market very well this generation. This E3 they gave the fans what they want. I've said this many times before but 1st party titles, while nice to have, aren't driving the market. It's the 3rd party titles that are attracting the masses and by making deals and promoting them as if they were exclusives ( See Destiny, Battlefront, Creed and now CoD ) they are getting a tight grip on the games that the mass market want.

I have, they don't care. He still comes in and makes post after post, genuinely ruining this whole forum. How many different people does he argue with, about similar things; just a very negative, vitriolic, argumentative little piece on these boards.

As for Sony, probably there wrong place, xbox or ps4 better, but yeah, 3rd parties, but xbox has them too, and more exclusives, so it isn't just about that. I think xbox made a huge error, and people moved over to sony, they got a lot right optionally, but it certainly isn't about the games. I just find it fascinating that no one is talking about that. This e3 sort of echoes the past couple of years. Keep hearing people buy ps4 because they have trust in tis future, which is absolutely right, but this e3 was the same; nothing for this year, but all late next year and into the future and that's what excites people. Yet poor xbox has all the games sony has this year, plus rare, plus tomb raider etc etc Yet sony gets all the buzz and hype. I find this whole situation quite interesting. Clearly no one else does.

You keep insisting the PS4 never has any games but personally I have far too many to play!

And of the WiiU I have... Splatoon.

And Sheikah isn't ruining the forum, not for me anyway.

Edited by somme

*Some one makes posts with opinions you mostly disagree with*

THEY RUIN THE FORUM! THEY'RE SO NEGATIVE! DO ARGUMENTATIVE! LET ME JUST GO AND SEARCH HIS POST HISTORY AND ASSESS HIS RECENT ACTIVITY, ALL THE WHILE COMPLETELY IGNORING THE SHEER HYPOCRISY I AM DISPLAYING IN THE PROCESS!

Ha, read the rest of the responses... I'm sure Nintendo is at the core of a lot of members of this forum... people justifying his childish little responses by that?! Fuck me.

Like many people who have deserted this place, and like a mod told me recently that people are leaving and this place isn't as busy as it used to be and its trying to be rectified... I think it's time to jump off the ship... The trolls keep winning, keep getting justified and this place is a just far too negative for me and people seem to be relishing in it, encouraging it.

Hope to still play online with a few of you on here though!

Edited by dazzybee

Yet poor xbox has all the games sony has this year, plus rare, plus tomb raider etc etc Yet sony gets all the buzz and hype. I find this whole situation quite interesting. Clearly no one else does.
You come across as so incredibly bitter. Show them your support then if that's what you believe, trade in your PS4 and buy an Xbox.

If you don't want to be called out, don't be an asshole. It's that simple.

Dazzy, I've had no problem with you as a poster. Even those I regularly have disagreements with I don't have any personal problems with. I don't want a circlejerk, and I doubt others do too. You make up a small portion of what defines the community here, much like everyone else plays their role in defining it. I'm personally calling you out because you were being disrespectful, not because I want to make you feel less welcome.

I miss last year's E3 when Nintendo had a great showing and the mood around here was really positive and buzzing.