NEurope
drahkon

The 'Other' Switch Thread

*Sigh* Can't believe fucking friend codes are back...

I've been in a meeting at work and have just now seen this. Absolutely crazy. I wanna say that I can't believe it but its Nintendo + Online so, yeah.....

I don't know why we don't just all change our names to 12 digit numbers. Then we'll have no issues.

I don't know why we don't just all change our names to 12 digit numbers. Then we'll have no issues.

Request processed.

I was wondering who the fuck that was - seeing them as last post in the Investments thread in GCC I thought it was going to be some new spambot!

Saw liger mentioned about Friend codes in the other thread - really peculiar that they're back imo, silly and bizarre decisions from Nintendo but I have to admit I've not read the details and only know from what posts I've seen here so far.

I was wondering who the fuck that was - seeing them as last post in the Investments thread in GCC I thought it was going to be some new spambot!

How dare you.

The Nintendo Switch's day one system update has launched, and there are reports online that installing the patch with the Joy-Cons attached updates the firmware on the controllers, resolving the de-sync issues. Is this really the case? Unfortunately not. We've updated our console with controllers attached and re-run the battery of tests detailed below. In all cases, the range and consistency of the connection of each Joy-Con remains the same, and the left controller still has demonstrably weaker range than the right. Eurogamer has contacted Nintendo several times now concerning this issue, and we still await a reply.

Eurogamer.net

:hmm: Uh-oh...

In more positive news: I just hooked up my mate's WiiU and I still despise the console :DBut I can play Breath of the Wild much earlier than expected so that's nice.

Friend codes are the most bullshit idea and to keep reviving them is as moronic as anything ive ever heard

How dare you.

It's ok, you can still keep your title of being our oldest spambot instead <3

Shame about the Joycon issue still being a thing - is there any progress on what's the actual cause? Either from Nintendo officially(alawl) or from fans who've tried to figure it out beyond just speculating?

It's the only reason i keep my WiiU plugged in is because of Zelda. Had an argument with some friends in a gaming group i'm part of over my reasons to not get a Switch. Unfortunately, it has resulted in them not wanting to talk to be as i'll be playing Breath of the Wild on (what they call) an inferior dead machine. Honestly, some people can be quite pathetic.

Have heard of the Joy-con issues, hopefully they get resolved pretty quickly. As for friend codes, urgghh. Will Nintendo ever learn.

I've only just caught up on this thread (and that other one) as I've had a long day at work. I'm a little bemused to see friend codes being talked about.

I thought Nintendo had moved away from them. It was a stupid system at the time and it's bizarre that they've stuck with it up til now. The term "friend code" now has a negative meaning and even using the term just gives the impression of an outdated Nintendo.

Don't know about you guys but I'm having a serious battle with myself to stop myself splurging on a switch having read up on Zelda. Tried playing Horizon Zero Dawn the other day and I spent the whole time wishing it was BotW. Jealous of those of you who bought a WiiU and don't have to drop the hefty £330 pricetag!

On the other hand, had a little browse of the metacritic's top WiiU games, which reaffirmed my thought that it would be purely a Zelda and Mario Kart box for me to buy. Must... resist...

Shame about all the hardware issues on the Switch. Screens getting scratched to bad wireless. Enjoy the alpha test hardware with extra premium pricing.

Tried playing Horizon Zero Dawn the other day and I spent the whole time wishing it was BotW.

I am glad they are different games. Loving Horizon. Just phenomenal. :grin:

Shame about all the hardware issues on the Switch. Screens getting scratched to bad wireless. Enjoy the alpha test hardware with extra premium pricing.

Didn't know about that. Is it really that bad?

Yeah, Breath of the Wild is the only game I'm really desperate to play right now.

Don't know about you guys but I'm having a serious battle with myself to stop myself splurging on a switch having read up on Zelda. Tried playing Horizon Zero Dawn the other day and I spent the whole time wishing it was BotW. Jealous of those of you who bought a WiiU and don't have to drop the hefty £330 pricetag!

On the other hand, had a little browse of the metacritic's top WiiU games, which reaffirmed my thought that it would be purely a Zelda and Mario Kart box for me to buy. Must... resist...

If I were to buy one now, it would be purely for Zelda (which does look awesome) and for the fact that it's new Nintendo stuff.

I also know that I'd probably regret it a few months/years down the line when it's tucked away in a corner somewhere and I've run out of stuff to play on it/grown bored of it.

Didn't know about that. Is it really that bad?

No its not that bad at all. My screens are perfectly fine. My joy cons work perfectly well too.

If I were to buy one now, it would be purely for Zelda (which does look awesome) and for the fact that it's new Nintendo stuff.

I also know that I'd probably regret it a few months/years down the line when it's tucked away in a corner somewhere and I've run out of stuff to play on it/grown bored of it.

Hmmm I have bought it knowing the following:

- little main 3rd party support

- shit online

- no features

I have a PS4 so the Switch will compliment it nicely. What makes the Switch worth it for me is the immense 1st party and indie support that it will get. The fact that Nintendo can just focus developing on one system rather than supporting both console and handheld should provide dividends.

No its not that bad at all. My screens are perfectly fine. My joy cons work perfectly well too.

Good for you, but for all the others who report that they have problems it sucks.

If I buy a new product I expect it to be working fine without major hickups like Joy-Con connection issues...

Good for you, but for all the others who report that they have problems it sucks.

If I buy a new product I expect it to be working fine without major hickups like Joy-Con connection issues...

Yeah agree. I was just telling you my experiences, as I own the console thats all.

Sheesh.

I havent had any problems with my joycons yet but I have had the wifi issue where it doesnt reconnect when you come back to the console later.

Hmmm I have bought it knowing the following:

- little main 3rd party support

- shit online

- no features

I have a PS4 so the Switch will compliment it nicely. What makes the Switch worth it for me is the immense 1st party and indie support that it will get. The fact that Nintendo can just focus developing on one system rather than supporting both console and handheld should provide dividends.

Sure, there are merits to it. But, I'm not fond of handhelds at all and don't particularly want or need them. It's the USP of the Switch and it just doesn't speak to me. I agree with those listed points that you've made.

I'm somewhat proud of myself that I haven't been weak and just paid the money because "it's Nintendo" because I think that I might have regretted it as I have done the WiiU. We'll see how E3 goes and beyond that. It's a lot of money to spend on a "Nintendo box" though.

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. I bought a 3DS for Pokemon X and literally never used it again. Keen to avoid a repeat. (Though reminds me I've been meaning to pick up Link Between Worlds).

Haven't you got a Wii U though? Can't you just get BotW on that?

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. I bought a 3DS for Pokemon X and literally never used it again. Keen to avoid a repeat. (Though reminds me I've been meaning to pick up Link Between Worlds).

Haven't you got a Wii U though? Can't you just get BotW on that?

We have a 3DS...somewhere. I want to play that too but I just know that I'm not going to get around to it. I don't find the DSLite/3DS that comfortable to play for long periods of time and I prefer to do my gaming in big chunks.

We've got a WiiU and we have had a chat about getting Zelda for it. In the end, we decided not to because of the controller. I don't like the Gamepad, it's too bulky and obtrusive. Not particularly fond of the Pro Controller either. I can't say I'm especially keen on using the Switch or Joy Cons for that either. Basically, I want to play the game but the hardware just isn't for me.

In the end, we decided not to because of the controller. I don't like the Gamepad, it's too bulky and obtrusive. Not particularly fond of the Pro Controller either. I can't say I'm especially keen on using the Switch or Joy Cons for that either. Basically, I want to play the game but the hardware just isn't for me.

Sad to hear because a controller really should not be stopping you from experiencing this masterpiece... But to be fair I count five controller options for this game.