NEurope
Helmsly

The House of The Dead: Overkill

So from now on, if I find a bug in a Sega game that wipes my game save containing weeks-of-accumulated-progress, I can come on here and have someone to blame? Excellent!

:laughing: Congratulations Jamba. 'I can't believe they're paying me to do this'.

Considering how good Ghost Squad and HotD2&3 turned out to be, I have a feeling this will be amazing. SEGA are probably the only developer who know how to use the Zapper (let's face it, even Nintendo couldn't get it right).

Let's face it, even Sega can't do anything good from something as heavy, dull and stupid as the Zapper.

Perfect Shot to the win ^^

Let's face it, even Sega can't do anything good from something as heavy, dull and stupid as the Zapper.

1. Do you own a Zapper?

2. Have you played with the Zapper or are you basing it on internet criticism?

3. Do you own a Perfect Shot?

4. Have you played Ghost Squad or House of the Dead 2&3?

May be so that the Zapper isn't even close to being the addon we were hoping for, but it's not at all bad. If you think that the zapper's heavy, I recomend you to try airsoft, or even better, real army guns. The Zapper weighs like a feather when compared to the AK4, AK5 and even the cheap assed plastic piece of s**t M4. The Zapper feels a bit like a more modern gun, like the AK5C:

CGAK5C.jpg

Of course, it lacks a stock and the trigger is in the wrong place.

1. Do you own a Zapper?

2. Have you played with the Zapper or are you basing it on internet criticism?

3. Do you own a Perfect Shot?

4. Have you played Ghost Squad or House of the Dead 2&3?

1 - No

2 - Yes

3 - No

What you should've asked next: "Have you played with the Perfect Shot, or are you basing it on internet criticism?"

My answer: Yes

4 - No, and it doesn't matter, nothing can be good with a zapper as dull, lame and heavy as that.

What you should've asked next: "Have you played with the Perfect Shot, or are you basing it on internet criticism?"

Do you like tea or do you like coffee?

Yes.

...Yes to what? You're meant to chooooose a specific answer. Have you done one or the another?

"2. Have you played with the Zapper or are you basing it on internet criticism?"

Your answer: Yes.

Ups, sorry xD

I meant in both: I played with it

See, now that makes a lot more sense.

So, using my amazing powers of deduction, you've played Links Crossbow training, right? Maybe give House of the Dead 2/3 and Ghost Squad a try?

No thanks, im traumatized in both camps:

Zapper - Due to Link Crossbow Training

On Rail Shooters - RE:UC

Aww, I've yet to play Link's Crossbow Training, but though Resi Evil was pretty awesome. Loved that. Need to buy that.

RE:UC is the most boring and dull experience i had in my entire life.

Then I assume that you never turn up for maths class then?

So, are you hinting at that mowing down zombies, although at a slow pace, is more boring than sitting through an hour of some boring old fart dribbling on about algebra?

1 - No

2 - Yes

3 - No

4 - No, and it doesn't matter, nothing can be good with a zapper as dull, lame and heavy as that.

Do I need to order you out of the internet again? :indeed: In the words of Lipton's Ice Tea, don't knock it till you've tried it. SEGA succeeded where Nintendo and Capcom failed.

It's not perfect and the Zapper was tacked on, but you're exaggerating a bit there.

So, are you hinting at that mowing down zombies, although at a slow pace, is more boring than sitting through an hour of some boring old fart dribbling on about algebra?

Indeed i am

Indeed i am
... Do your maths classes by any chance consist of hour long orgies with incredibly attractive cheerleader?

No, they consist of a Teacher telling me dry jokes while making me learn Math

RE:UC consists in two cops telling me dry jokes while boringly shooting on easy as piss Zombies.

Overall, Math Classes are better

RE:UC consists in two cops telling me dry jokes while boringly shooting on easy as piss Zombies.

Ever heard of a learning curve? Y'know, that the game begins easilly to not loose gamers with little experience, and then gets harder as the game progresses?

And I can say that very few games are worse than math class. Maybe DoTA, and the CDi Zeldas.

RE:UC was quite a good lightgun game, with tons to unlock and loads of cutscenes. Sure, the voice acting was more on the level of the old RE games (RE-RE:CV), rather than RE4, but it's still a good lightgun game. Lightguns aren't bad by default, and if you don't like it doesent either mean that it's bad.

Am I the only person here that thinks Umbrella Chronicles is an amazing game and possibly the greatest light gun game ever!?!?! I think the story is fantastic, looks great, lots more depth than usual shooters, loads of replayability, great co op, a relatively huge game.....What's not to like!??!

And I can say that very few games are worse than math class. Maybe DoTA, and the CDi Zeldas.

And Maths Training presumably.

This had me in tears :)

Have to disagree with you though Maase, thought that RE:UC was a pretty sweet game too... Hence the hopes up for this one.

Just give it another shot, whether or not it's Perfect or not ;)

Firstly, I found UC to be a highly enjoyable experience, and a true forte for the lightgun genre.

Secondly, I feel sorry for all you people who obviously had poor maths lessons. Maths became my favourite subject in school. The work was easy-going, the atmosphere was great - surrounded by friends, and we had the nicest, most laid-back teacher in the school.

Secondly, I feel sorry for all you people who obviously had poor maths lessons. Maths became my favourite subject in school. The work was easy-going, the atmosphere was great - surrounded by friends, and we had the nicest, most laid-back teacher in the school.

Don't feel sorry for me. I love the fact that I hate maths. Makes me laugh more at the following little bit of entertainment goodness:

Line Ride Operator: That's five tickets, thank you very much. [a two-ticket discount! The boys pay up and leave with $7] Come see us again soon.

Stan: My ass we will!

Kyle: Well, Cartman, this is just my opinion, but I think the Line Ride sucked donkey balls!

Stan: Yeah, let's not ride that ride again.

Photo Seller: Would you like to buy a photo of you boys enjoying the Line Ride? [shows them the picture]

Cartman: How much?

Photo Seller: Just three dollars.

Cartman: Hunh that's, that's pretty sweet. [buys the picture, now has $4]

Kyle: You dumbass, Cartman!

Cartman: What? This is cool.

Kyle: No, it's not cool!

Cartman: It is, too! [they head back to Toss-A-Ball]

Operator: Can I help you boys.

Stan: We're gonna try to win those Terrance and Phillip dolls again.

Operator: O-kay, five dollars for three balls.

Kyle: How much do we have left, Cartman? [Cartman leafs through the bills, but doesn't answer] How much do we have left, Cartman?!

Cartman: Aah, three dollars.

Kyle: What?! You said we had plenty of money, Cartman!

Cartman: Yeah, but I didn't take into account the fact that I suck at math.

Kyle: You son of a bitch! Aaargh! [lunges at Cartman, and they fall to the ground, wrestling.

Cartman: Ey! Seriously!

Well, it's not a question of how good the teachers are, it's more about the individuals skill, and the difficulty of the math you're using. I personally never liked math very much, but at highschool (or whatever it's called), when you studied science, like me, the math became a real pain. I'm talking about shaking hands, constant stomach problem and nosebleed level pain here. Which is the reason I chose to study games development, rather than becoming an engineer or something like that.