NEurope
Shorty

Report a Bug! [Read OP first]

One thing that's doing my head in is when a page has loaded and you scroll, after a few seconds, the scroll will just jump to a random part of the page. It's like water torture.

Google Chrome.

Are you sure thats jumping to a random part of a page and not to the earliest new post?

Are you sure thats jumping to a random part of a page and not to the earliest new post?

I've have to get back to you on that! I find it annoying though after I've already started to scroll... it's scroll hijacking I tells ya!!

I think it's when all the images on the page have finished loading chrome jumps back to where it was at the start.

I actually get that too on occasion. I'm using Firefox. I've mostly noticed it if I've jumped to a quote or mention from my profile and then scroll up to read previous posts, it'll jump back down to the post again even though the page has fully loaded.

I think it's when all the images on the page have finished loading chrome jumps back to where it was at the start.

It's about a 5 second wait which is the annoying bit. No other websites seem to do it the way it happens with this one.

I can't really explain that or recreate it, but since it's inherent to the forum software there isn't a great deal we can do about it right now to be honest.

On iOS devices there is massive keyboard lag when posting quick comments such as this. Sometimes crashes Safari too.

Happens on my iPhone and iPad.

Might just be me, but it seems the youtube audio is broken in Peep's mafia thread? It says audio at the bottom but shows the title of the song(so like top of the video) rather than the play buttons? On Chrome on Win 7.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Happening to me above too.

Edited by Rummy

Hm, that one looks right to me, but isn't playing. They might've changed the way the code works. IIRC the 'music' code is just the normal code resized down so that only the progress bar shows.

But that's the thing, you don't see the play buttons etc(or do you?). It probably is youtube changing and the code not being updated with it, but I'll cap it just to see if it looks the same for me as it does for you.

Looks fine to me too but isn't playing. The one in my thread looks fine and plays for me :p

Is the Chat not working for anyone else?

For me it just loads the 'Chat Room' bit at the top and then all I get is a completely blank white space where the log in etc should all be, this has only happened recently but it's a pain because it's relied upon for the Mario Kart League.

Is it just a simple case that I need to update something for it to run again perhaps?

Wouldn't harm you to do the usual checks: update browser, clear cache etc.

Then hopefully by the time you've done that someone who knows what they're talking about will have answered :heh:

Tried the usual tricks, I even loaded up Internet Explorer *shudders* just to confirm that it's not the browser, it isn't as it won't display on any of them which leads me to believe that I must need to update something else on my PC to get it to run.

I've updated the usual things though, Flash, Java etc so I just don't know what it could be... it's most odd. :hmm:

It doesn't use flash or java, you shouldn't need to update anything for it to work. Unless you're using Internet Explorer 5.5.

Does it work if you go directly to this URL?

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=n-europe

Quakenet could've just been down for a bit.

Sadly that doesn't work for me either... it's a complete mystery as it was working fine the other week.

Yep, lost me. Any kind of firewall software, ad blockers or anything like that?

It was Avira the whole time... :indeed:

I just turned off 'Web Protection' for a few seconds and the chat came back, turned it back on and reloaded the page, the chat is now there again as it was before; really strange though as it never used to block it but I suppose these things can happen... must have been a glitch.

Anyway, thank you for your help :) this means I should be able to properly participate in the MK7 league this week once again. :D

For some reason I can't post a new thread so I'll post this here??? So there's one bug there for a kick off ! ;)

I've noticed embedded YouTube videos don't show on the Wii U browser, so is there anything in the ControlPanel you can switch on or a plugin you can install to remedy this?

I notice a couple of forums embed the video and it also embeds a clickable link to the video underneath too!

Not sure if this is a actual bug, or just something on my end (it's pretty minor anyway) but I've noticed that when embedding a YouTube video, any smiles and images you add after the video don't appear. :hmm:

Gonna test it right now...

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

There should be 7 grin smilies underneath that vid, I see none. :( <sad smiley not there either.

That the same for everyone else?

I'm using Firefox BTW.

I see your smilies and I'm using Firefox too....must be something wrong on your end.... you try another browser?