NEurope

For some reason everywhere seems scared to go below a £28 limit. In pretty much every game shop I've been in there's been a quid difference between new and second hand.

I don't know why it hasn't depreciated like other games. From what I've heard it's not even that great (I still wouldn't mind it though)

Question to the floor:

What would you say I would be expecting to pay for New Super Mario Bros Wii?

Game in Meadowhall (Sheffield) had it for £24.99

Not sure if it was new or preowned though.

Tesco slashes game prices as it continues market assault

Having declared itself as “The Home of Gaming” last week, Tesco has revealed a new promotion that offers a number of new games for rock-bottom prices.

Both Mass Effect 3 and SSX can now be had for just £24.91. Titles slashed to just £21.91 include Street Fighter X Tekken and Saints Row: The Third.

Other offers include Mario & Sonic at the London Olympics for Wii (£19.91).

The supermarket is also promoting pre-orders, with Diablo III currently priced at just £32.91 – it’s SRP is £44.99.

Many outlets are asking if the rejuvenated GAME can match these prices. To which the answer, quite probably, is no. And therein lies one of games retail’s biggest problems.

Source - http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/tesco-slashes-game-prices-as-it-continues-market-assault/093881

Soo to sum up.

SSX £24.91

Mass Effect 3 £24.91

Street Fighter X Tekken £21.91

Saints Row 3rd £21.91

At Tesco, plus more potentially. I tried getting on Tescodirect after reading this but they are doing maintenance to the site apparently, Unsure if this is instore promotions too, would assume it is though.

At Tesco, plus more potentially. I tried getting on Tescodirect after reading this but they are doing maintenance to the site apparently, Unsure if this is instore promotions too, would assume it is though.
I think actually Tesco's are playing catch-up...

If you're still after them at these prices Murr, Zavvi, TheHut, and Amazon (aswell I think by price matching), have had Mass Effect 3 and SSX at £24.95 for a while now... The Hut even has Mass Effect 3 for £23.95.

Plus if you've got one of Zavvi/TheHut recent 10% off emails... quids in!

I'm waiting for a further price drop though! :p *too many games already*

Edited by Retro_Link

Tesco = "The Home Of Gaming"? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure

£23.99 @Amazon.co.uk

Oh dear... so tempted...

cheers for the heads up cymaeg, just bought pes 2011 for £5.86.....tommorrows train journey to sheffield will be alot more fun now.

BIT Trip Complete £12.85

^ Highly recommended! Comes with a soundtrack CD too :)

BIT Trip Saga £19.85

^ Not so much, the 3DS port's a bit of a disappoinment (erratic framerate esp on Runner).

Not sure if it's that much of a bargain, but Pandora's Tower is only £25 from ShopTo atm. Also think play are the cheapest to pre-order Heroes of Ruin, which is listed for £25 atm too.

Bargain!

There's no Morrisons here. Someone buy me some!

Haha.. I was thinking the same thing :heh:

I've been debating for weeks what to use the remainder of my Wii Points on so it would be nice to not have to narrow down my options so much..