NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX

EYrtKDn.png

Calling all rhythm game fans! :yay:

This got released (aka sent to die :() last week, and is a great addition to the 3DS library. icon14.gif

Also the first 3DS game I've bought since MH4 back in February! :o

Anyway, I was expecting nothing more than a rhythm game with ridiculously cute Nendoroid characters and cheerful music, but it's all that, plus a load of other random cool stuff too! :awesome:

You can...

• customize the appearance of your character
  • the style of house they live in
  • buy different furniture for it (including some nice old-school SEGA items ;))
  • purchase and feed them various treats
  • play Reversi with them
  • create your own dance routines and musical jingles (which go on your player card to be shared by StreetPass and SpotPass!)
  • take AR photos (a pack of 19 cards comes with the game) or have a live AR performance of a song
  • play PuyoPuyo! :D

The main rhythm game can also be customized quite a bit, chimes can be modified (or muted) onscreen display can be tweaked, it's even possible to change the colour of the icons so that they match the Dual Shock controller layout! Handy for anyone that's played these games on the PS3. ;)

So yeah, great game that rhythm fans should definitely try to check out.

: peace:

@Dcubed, you playing this?

Oh yeah! I knew I forgot something! Cheers for making the thread for me! : peace:

@Dcubed, you playing this?

I would be playing it if my sister hadn't obsessively commandeered it when she took it off me :laughing:

But yeah, it's good stuff. While the backgrounds aren't nearly as loony as the PS3/Vita games, the gameplay is still solid (and also a bit easier on the whole for those who might've found the Diva games a bit too hard - well, except for Matryoshka here in Mirai. Eff that song right in the ear!)

What's really cool is that it's not only literally two games in one (it's basically the Japanese Mirai 2 with all of the songs from Mirai 1 added, plus a few extra on top of that to boot), but with the choice of buttons/touch controls you get completely different note charts as well; so it basically means that each song has two completely different rhythm games along with them! :D (scores are kept separate too for all of you crazy high score chasers ;))

The amount of stuff to do outside of the rhythm game as well is crazy! It's even more extensive than the Diva games :o

Also, you know... Puyo Puyo ;) It might be only a basic version of the game included here, but it's still the first new western Puyo release (not counting Puyo Puyo Tsu on the VC) in over a decade!

Edited by Dcubed

While the backgrounds aren't nearly as loony as the PS3/Vita games, the gameplay is still solid (and also a bit easier on the whole for those who might've found the Diva games a bit too hard - well, except for Matryoshka here in Mirai. Eff that song right in the ear!)
Man, you weren't kidding about that one! Lot's going on. :D

I've unlocked some of the duet songs now, the male voice is hilarious. Sounds like Barney from the Simpsons. :laughing:

I'm continually impressed by the overall quality of the game's presentation though. The character models are great and the quality of the animation is absolutely superb! :love: Really surprising that they've gone to so much effort in that department considering the type of game this is. Excellent stuff. icon14.gif

There's surprising depth to the gameplay too, I only just discovered that when playing in touch mode, if you don't lift the stylus between slide notes, it builds up an extra combo chain! :awesome:

Yeah, it's actually possible to get more than a 100% score (I'm not sure what the actual max is - probably depends on the song).

Crazy stuff! : peace:

Unlocked the final song and beat the game yesterday. :) There's still so much left to do though! :o 10 hours playtime but only around 30% complete. This one's gonna last quite a while. icon14.gif

Credits also revealed that character movement in the game was in fact motion captured, so that's why it was so impressive. :hehe:

My favourite tracks:

The last one used for the Staff Credits is pretty sweet too:

But my absolute fave is definitely this:

Happiness overload. :bowdown:

So yeah, really enjoyed this game. Only gripe would be that the tracks are a little bit too long, it kind of puts me off going for perfects. :hmm:

Anyway, shame there doesn't seem to be much/any love for Project Mirai on here. I know we're not exactly overflowing with posters at N-E :heh: but still would've expected at least a few peeps to be playing this. :blank:

Plus I want to trade player cards via SpotPass! ;)

@Dcubed, let me know when you start playing.

Unlocked the final song and beat the game yesterday. :) There's still so much left to do though! :o 10 hours playtime but only around 30% complete. This one's gonna last quite a while. icon14.gif

Credits also revealed that character movement in the game was in fact motion captured, so that's why it was so impressive. :hehe:

My favourite tracks:

The last one used for the Staff Credits is pretty sweet too:

But my absolute fave is definitely this:

Happiness overload. :bowdown:

So yeah, really enjoyed this game. Only gripe would be that the tracks are a little bit too long, it kind of puts me off going for perfects. :hmm:

Anyway, shame there doesn't seem to be much/any love for Project Mirai on here. I know we're not exactly overflowing with posters at N-E :heh: but still would've expected at least a few peeps to be playing this. :blank:

Plus I want to trade player cards via SpotPass! ;)

@Dcubed, let me know when you start playing.

I have it and its a great game. Just not played much because I have already put lots of hours into both Japanese versions.

I think the song length is just about right on the tracks in this game.

Compared to IA/VT colourful on Vita where the tracks are so long that repeating them becomes a grind.

Seeing as I've been taking pics off my SD card I figured I'd post some of my shots from this game:

They include Miku playing Virtua Fighter 2 and Hang-On!: :D

RgVOa4l.jpg

Oh, and @Dcubed, this was my first attempt at Matryoshka on Hard:

u6kCH3p.jpg

Surprised I even cleared it. Absolute insanity! :laughing:

the gameplay is still solid (and also a bit easier on the whole for those who might've found the Diva games a bit too hard - well, except for Matryoshka here in Mirai. Eff that song right in the ear!)

Did you know there was an extra Super Hard difficulty!?
:o I only discovered it yesterday when I unlocked it for 1, 2 Fanclub:

B1nkL6z.jpg

Did pretty well for my first attempt, was tap mode though, and I really love that song. :D

Apparently not all songs have a super hard version though. I wonder if Matryoshka does...? :heh:

Yeah I heard. Bit weird that it's only for a selected few songs though :heh: (I'd be surprised if Matryoshka wasn't one of them!)

Still haven't really had a chance to dig in BTW! Hopefully I'll finally get to dig in next week or so as I'll be getting some decent free time :)

Sign in to follow this