NEurope
ReZourceman

What Should I Call My New Comic Book?

Details

I am drawing, creating, writing, inking, colouring, producing, winmaking, lettering, etc etc my new comic. I am doing it all myself. I will put up the first pieces of artwork very very soon.

The premise. First of all, I'm not really looking for feedback....unless you say it sounds cool. It will be cool. It will be very cool. Don't judge it just from its premise. Its dialogue will be awesome, with an emphasis on "quotable" bits and just very happy moments, its all about awesome things happening. As a huge comic fan myself I know what makes comics great. I've got cliffhangers, good dialogue, and an action packed story with mild twists.

Anyway, the main character is called Ludovich, he's a Russian bad ass, and in the comic he works for a security firm. In the comic he is protecting some cargo that is being transported on...The Titanic (so its set in 1912...obviously) so the setting makes it quite interesting, but the contents of the cargo kicks it into high gear. The contents is Dinosaurs.

As you can imagine "hilarity ensues" and of course the journey doesn't go to plan in considerably more than one way.

Dilema

I don't know what to call it. Its currently "Untitled Dinosaurs on the Titanic Project" I don't know whether to literally go with "Dinosaurs on the Titanic" but that feels a bit too "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" ish.

Also it should be noted that I've considered the possibility of it being a (really good ideas for the sequels) Hyper-Trilogy (Volume 1, Dinos on Titanic, then a one-shot issue, Volume 2, one-shot issue, Volume 3) So five distinct stories. Possibly/almost certainly. So it would possibly be nice to have some similarity between titles. But of course thats gonna be difficult to do (the stories transition to each other but are fairly radically different, IE they're not all dinosaurs)

So yeah, I'm pretty much open to all ideas at the moment.

Is the fact it's on the Titanic gonna be the main premise, cause that can't last for very long. :p

You could make it some sort of play on Hadrosaurs or something which are those ones which are always depicted as having loads of fun in the sea, but actually couldn't swim at all, they were far too heavy, or whatever. Which could play on the massive Titanic sinking when it was meant to conquer the sea etc. Blah blah.

Hard to title something we aren't privvy to. Cause the themes throughout would help title it in most cases?

Is the fact it's on the Titanic gonna be the main premise, cause that can't last for very long. :p

Lol yeah. Spoilers it still sinks. :p

Its gonna be 3-4 issues long.

It should be called: I AM KING OF THE WORLD!! oh crap... A DINOSAUR!?

____

only mild twists?

I WANT EPIC TWISTS!

I'd say something related to the main character or the actual story. (And by that I mean the themes, not literal titles.)

Or;

DINOSAURS ON A MOTHER FUCKING BOAT!!!

You could just call it "Titanic".

Or "Titanique", and have a joke French woman who's in one scene randomly, and has to fight a Dinosaur.

411997405_3bd5657573.jpg

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

You could just call it "Titanic".

Or "Titanique", and have a joke French woman who's in one scene randomly, and has to fight a Dinosaur.

411997405_3bd5657573.jpg

I'm actually lol'ing. Screwed up face-lol. It just reminded me of Paddy's scene in the next Jurassic Park film, swinging in, kicking a Velociraptor, then falling into the long grass.

I love.

I LOVE.

---

What about Tyrannic? :laughing:

jurassicPark48.jpeg%20(JPEG%20Image,%20288x150%20pixels).jpg

I actually like Tyrannic. Lol.

I agree with Moogle I want to try and get his name in...maybe...or something....else. Thanks for the help guys. :)

"Dinosaurs that survived the Ice Age, are about to get raped with ice. Again."

A tagline at least.

I think Tyrannic is the best so far. :grin: No one else is taking this seriously. :nono:

It will almost certainly be called Tyrannic now. :p

Sounds too much like Tyranid. Games Workshop is going to sue yo' ass.

Sounds too much like Tyranid. Games Workshop is going to sue yo' ass.

Tyranid is pronounced "Ti-ran-idd" not "Tye-ran-idd" so they don't sound alike. :p

Titanic Rex

Already thought of that one, but I prefer Tyrannic.

I've got some pictures that I took from my phone here (don't exactly have a scanner) so I might upload some soon. Hmmm.

TyrannicTeaser1.jpg

I like that picture, apart from the scratch marks at the side - that's far too Jurassic Park/child's dinosaur toy packaging, and doesn't actually make sense, and looks shite.

Just a white background would look way better.

I like that picture, apart from the scratch marks at the side - that's far too Jurassic Park/child's dinosaur toy packaging, and doesn't actually make sense, and looks shite.

Just a white background would look way better.

Ask and ye shall receive.

21061_485194600580_509970580_11191274_3553369_n.jpg

I think it look worse. Mainly cause you realise the title is Times New Roman and you want to die.