NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Not for the last month. I did play MH4U religiously for a while when it came out though.

It's an odd one as there are plenty games I want to play, but I think the combination of Destiny DLC being an overpriced bag of shit and Nintendo just being utterly wank I'd been put off switching my consoles on.

I fell out of love with gaming for a bit but this E3 (Sony's, not Nintendo's... urgh) has rekindled my want to play again. The game more than any other that made me feel like this is The Last Guardian!

I've a couple weeks off work from next week so I'm just going to knuckle down and clear my back-log, then I'll pick up The Witcher and Batman.

Stop being a nob and get splatoon! It's cheap, and awesome. Great combo!

Stop being a nob and get splatoon! It's cheap, and awesome. Great combo!

Maybe after the august update.

Why is FFVII considered to be so good? And why number 7 in particular? It seems weird for people to get so excited about a remake of a game in the middle of a series.

Also, do you need to have played 1-6 to play 7?

Why is FFVII considered to be so good? And why number 7 in particular? It seems weird for people to get so excited about a remake of a game in the middle of a series.

It's a great RPG that most importantly has some of the best characters and moments in any game. Some people prefer other FF games more (my favourite was FF8) but most FF lovers will still tell you how great this game is. The story is really in that it sucks in you in and makes you care.

The music is seriously awesome, too.

You don't need to play any previous Final Fantasy games because all main Final Fantasy titles are all set in different worlds/universes with different characters. Nothing carries over.

Maybe after the august update.

Nutter! Though it should be awesome by then!!

I think it was the sheer scale of it and the quality of the story. I remember when it came out and the furore around it. I'm pretty sure it was the first RPG that made it big in the west (correct if I'm wrong folks, unless Secret of Mana was that big); so it's more of a nostalgia thing than anything.

It was almost the Ocarina of Time of the RPG world.

Oh ok. I didn't realise they were all stand-alone games. I thought it was a bit weird otherwise, like everyone unanimously deciding that Mario Party 6 was the best game ever.

I might give it a go if I have a PS4 by then.

I must say, FF7 was the third Final Fantasy game I played (FF9, then FF8, then FF7) so the furore/first RPG of its kind thing passed me by. I just enjoyed it for what it was. The story and setting is really nice.

FFVII was my first big RPG which is why I think its a special one for me. I expect there are still much better earlier ones (I own all but never seem to get too far into them). I know 6 is very well regarded.

FFVII was my first big RPG which is why I think its a special one for me. I expect there are still much better earlier ones (I own all but never seem to get too far into them). I know 6 is very well regarded.

FFVI is really, really good. I'd still say I find VII's story more touching though. That said, FFVI stands the test of time visually. FFVII is perhaps one of the most remake-requiring 3D games I can think of, what with it being one of the earliest 3D console games.

The Playstation Live Event is currently airing and there are a lot of weird and wacky indie games coming our way :D

The Playstation Live Event is currently airing and there are a lot of weird and wacky indie games coming our way :D

There were a lot of occasions in this stream where I was saying, "yup, I want that...and that...and that..."

Pretty sure I'm going to be bankrupt, soon.

Yeah there's just so many I want.

'tis only a shame the sporadic interviews in this feed are few and far between and quite short. The trailers have started looping for me now haha

Yeah there's just so many I want.

True.

Even now as e3 is over its been pretty killer. Too much. So many great games got overshadowed. Platform wise the SE conference and japanese floor showing were pretty much PS4 exclusives.

This coming week we got Batman and two major exclusives: Planetside 2 and FFXIV Heavensward. How can you fit all that in?!

1TB model announced.

Hi everyone. Today, we’re happy to announce that the 1TB PS4 Ultimate Player Edition launches in select Europe and PAL territories from 15th July.

Offering twice the storage of the existing PS4, you’ll be able to download more of the games you love to your PS4, extend your play with more great add-on content and save and share even more of your best gaming highlights.

For pricing information, check with your local retailer.

18769698998_cc63691969_b.jpg

EDIT: Another model has been announced as well.

7PUYbeW.jpg

Jm4mZFo.jpg

A new PS4 model CUH-1200 announced. It will be shipping end of June in Japan and rest of the world later.

Some of the changes are:

8% less power consumption compared to previous model

10% lighter

HDD cover is same matt finish as the rest of the body

It's still same 500GB HDD and same price ($399 in the US)

EDIT 2: PS App has been updated so you can redeem codes now. Good stuff.

CIEk0kgUwAAC1Iw.jpg

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

I already have a 2TB hard drive installed in mine but it's good to see that Sony are actually putting a more realistic amount in the console now for presumably little extra cost.

Of course 500GB isn't bad but it barely lasts a year if you're buying a reasonable amount of games which require huge updates, then there's the free plus games...

This is a good move from Sony. :)

Now if Sony could only gives us more fucking space for cloud saves on Plus. 1Gb is ridiculous.

I already have a 2TB hard drive installed in mine but it's good to see that Sony are actually putting a more realistic amount in the console now for presumably little extra cost.

Of course 500GB isn't bad but it barely lasts a year if you're buying a reasonable amount of games which require huge updates, then there's the free plus games...

This is a good move from Sony. :)

What hard drive did you get? Also is there a way that I can keep my saves,DLC and trophies when changing hard drives?

What hard drive did you get? Also is there a way that I can keep my saves,DLC and trophies when changing hard drives?

Your trophies are synced to your account.

Your game saves are either stored on the cloud or can be stored on a usb stick. I stored mine on the cloud and then redownloaded them later as installing the new HDD.

Your dlc is also synced to your account. So, for example, if you played the AWESOME INCREDIBLE ALIEN ISOLATION HNNNNNG dlc, you'd swap the HDD over, insert the game disc/download the game again, redownload/trade across your saves on your usb stick and carry on.

It's relatively painless. Swapping the HDD over took me less than an hour. Redownloading all of my games took hours, though, so you could do that overnight. Once it's done though, it's a great feeling to see how much space you have afterwards. I went down the 2tb route and never looked back.

I think they added a mass backup feature recently, too. So if you have an external HDD, you can back everything into that, sort your new PS4 HDD out and then pull everything off your external HDD.

Might be wrong. That's how it use to work on the PS3, too.

I think they added a mass backup feature recently, too. So if you have an external HDD, you can back everything into that, sort your new PS4 HDD out and then pull everything off your external HDD.

Might be wrong. That's how it use to work on the PS3, too.

That feature hit a few months back, so yeah, that's also an option.

Kinda wish that was out when I switched HDDs. I would have transferred my videos across had I had that option.

Also agree with you about the cloud save limit being too small. That's an area that MS/XboxOne has over Sony/PS4 as that has unlimited cloud saves.

Anyone know if the PS3/360 era HDD streaming issue also affects current gen consoles? I've been looking at a couple of digital purchases but that kind of thing irritates me.

Your trophies are synced to your account.

Your game saves are either stored on the cloud or can be stored on a usb stick. I stored mine on the cloud and then redownloaded them later as installing the new HDD.

Your dlc is also synced to your account. So, for example, if you played the AWESOME INCREDIBLE ALIEN ISOLATION HNNNNNG dlc, you'd swap the HDD over, insert the game disc/download the game again, redownload/trade across your saves on your usb stick and carry on.

It's relatively painless. Swapping the HDD over took me less than an hour. Redownloading all of my games took hours, though, so you could do that overnight. Once it's done though, it's a great feeling to see how much space you have afterwards. I went down the 2tb route and never looked back.

Cheers for the info! What hdd did you get?

This one...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

Easy to install - hardest part was getting the cover off without breaking it - with minimum technical knowledge required, works like a charm, no regrets. : peace:

Cheers for the info! What hdd did you get?

Exactly the same one @S\.C\.G mentioned. : peace:

I got it for around £30 thanks to some vouchers that I had lying around. :D