NEurope
Zell

Final Fantasy XII

'twas selling for 35 when i saw it.

thats what i bought it for.

anyone else notice the low sound quality of the speech? the voice acting is good though so i'm happy.

thats what i bought it for.

anyone else notice the low sound quality of the speech? the voice acting is good though so i'm happy.

Yeh I noticed that. Same sort of quality as Baten Kaitos. My only guess is they have lower quality speech to save space, they must have hours of the stuff that'll take up space.

Yeh I noticed that. Same sort of quality as Baten Kaitos. My only guess is they have lower quality speech to save space, they must have hours of the stuff that'll take up space.

yeah, thats what i thought. plus they've managed to fit it all on one DVD, thats impressive if you ask me.

This is such a fresh FF game in so far. I really don't think i'll be able to stop playing it, already i'm talking to every NPC i can and reading everything that the games giving me to feed upon :D

Ugh. I keep having to flee if i fight more than 1 monster, it seems i'm horribly weak. Gonna stick some music on and grind for a few hours.

Ugh. I keep having to flee if i fight more than 1 monster, it seems i'm horribly weak. Gonna stick some music on and grind for a few hours.

Its not WoW.. you don't need to grind for a few hours.

I'm in the Giza plains atm, not played it too much. Definitely miss my turn based battles, this battle system is ok, but turn based to me suited the style of final fantasy.

The game reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy XI, the battle system is quite similar.

I dislike the graphics, I said in the general chat FF topic, they've pulled a IX on us, too grainy and jaggy.

I dislike the graphics, I said in the general chat FF topic, they've pulled a IX on us, too grainy and jaggy.

hey, IX is the best FF game this side of FF VI! and it had the best art style of any FF game that i've seen.

hey, IX is the best FF game this side of FF VI! and it had the best art style of any FF game that i've seen.

That's pretty funny because it's the only recent Final Fantasy that Tetsuya Nomura had nothing to do with the artwork, I guess you're not a fan of his anime-like styles.

That's pretty funny because it's the only recent Final Fantasy that Tetsuya Nomura had nothing to do with the artwork, I guess you're not a fan of his anime-like styles.

I'm not a fan of the bland wannabe photrealistic-esque stuff that is FF X, VII and VI didn't really appeal to me either, IX and XII are the best aesthetically in my opinion. has fuck all to do with who did what.

Regardless of 'best', art style or character designer (of which Tetsuya Nomura is the king). The graphics are pure grainy and ugly, its fact. Doesn't mean I'm slagging it off, doesn't mean I dislike it, doesn't mean its crap, doesn't mean you can't like it. Its just the truth.

Regardless of 'best', art style or character designer (of which Tetsuya Nomura is the king). The graphics are pure grainy and ugly, its fact. Doesn't mean I'm slagging it off, doesn't mean I dislike it, doesn't mean its crap, doesn't mean you can't like it. Its just the truth.

yeah the graphics are grainy and blurry at times but i can see past it and its the art style of most games now which are a big thing for me. and i'm really LOVING FF XIIs.

IX has the best graphics out of the PSone games. Easy. It's the most 'fantasy' like game out of all of them aswell.

Its not WoW.. you don't need to grind for a few hours.

Yeah, you're right, i just went looking for treasure and i leveled by loads, went back and kicked some arse!

9 hours in and loving it to bits. The battle system works really well - CC should have had this kind of system - and I'm loving the gambits and license board. I can't really make any judgements on how good it is until I've completed it several times (which I will).

9 hours in and loving it to bits. The battle system works really well - CC should have had this kind of system - and I'm loving the gambits and license board. I can't really make any judgements on how good it is until I've completed it several times (which I will).

What's the story/characters like?

Any romance?

So there is an actual thread for XII mmmm...

Past the second boss, in the city, going to do a hunt before i go on the airship to find my friend

where are people

Any romance?

A bit it might develop into something

There's not really any romance yet, but as Chuck said it leaves a lot open for development (Vaan with an of the ladies basically, except Fran, that might be a bit discusting).

I thought Vaan would be all whiny and gay like Tidus but it turns out that he's a bit grumpy and has a bit of an attitude so he's not as dislikable as I thought he would be. All the other characters I've met so far are awesome, I hope a bangaa or moogle gets to join our party.

Regarding the fellow in Chuck's avatar, he's obviously evil (or he's bound to die at some point).

Regarding the fellow in Chuck's avatar, he's obviously evil (or he's bound to die at some point).

Nice speech, but obviously evil, not as obviously evil and creepy as Symour was but still

I thought Vaan would be all whiny and gay like Tidus

Thank god motion doesn't look on this thread lol

Balthia is the man! His voice acting and general character is great.

I'm just leaving the dungeon. I'm liking it a lot now, though the battles so far just seem to be hit and heal. And that bitch Amalia used a shite load of potions.

Yea, i found the dungeon a bitch, it took ages and i died. Instead of using potions, Balthier and Fran have cure in the liscence board, it takes up 8mp, and that conflicts with blizzard which is uselful. I sold loads of loot to buy off the guy at the beginning of that part.

I've just been plodding along, I've not bought anything, not really used magicks or used the licence board too much. I don't want to start handing out licences and then not use them. :-\

How many guides are out for this game? I have seen a hardback cover that is the same as the game case, a brown hardback cover and then a normal sot cover. Whats special about the limited edition one?

I have the piggyback interactive one, limited edition. it's hardback, and has a foil-embelished cover. I just like holding it. Can't beat Piggyback for guides, they explain everything in detail, and they're so well presented. Unlike Bradygames who say 'go to such and such a place', without telling you how, or where it is.

I have the piggyback interactive one, limited edition. it's hardback, and has a foil-embelished cover. I just like holding it. Can't beat Piggyback for guides, they explain everything in detail, and they're so well presented. Unlike Bradygames who say 'go to such and such a place', without telling you how, or where it is.

Totally agree. I always use Piggyback guides when playing FF. I remember using the Piggyback one for FFVIII and then a mate of mine got the Brady version which was a total shambles in comparison.

Totally agree. I always use Piggyback guides when playing FF. I remember using the Piggyback one for FFVIII and then a mate of mine got the Brady version which was a total shambles in comparison.

oommmmmvvvvv, i just bough the leather bound FF XII piggy back guide off play.com :D