NEurope
darksnowman

The Road to Wimbledon- Who Will You Support?

Murray said the other year that he wouldnt support England in any competition even if Scotland were not in it.

For that and that alone he can kiss my arse. I hope the squirmy Scottish runt gets knocked out in the next round.

Murray said the other year that he wouldnt support England in any competition even if Scotland were not in it.

For that and that alone he can kiss my arse. I hope the squirmy Scottish runt gets knocked out in the next round.

Because most English people would support Scotland?

If england were not in it i would. Same with wales and ireland, if england were out they would be my next choices.

Murray is just a ****.

If england were not in it i would. Same with wales and ireland, if england were out they would be my next choices.

Murray is just a ****.

So am I a **** for having the same attitude as Murray?

Is the majority of the Scottish population a ****?

So am I a **** for having the same attitude as Murray?

Is the majority of the Scottish population a ****?

I'm with Gizmo here, being a Scot myself, I wouldn't support English teams. Not for hatred, just for lack of interest.

You know he was joking when he said that and didn't mean anything bad by it but the tabloids blew it way out of proportion?

It's a very common standpoint and a large majority of English people would be the same if Scotland were in it and England weren't.

I stand by the fact that if England were knocked out of say... World cup 2010 and Scotland were still in it i would whole heartedly cheer for them and want them to win.

Were supposed to be 1 united knigdom ffs but when some annoying little runt like Murray says otherwise he can fuck off.

And anyone who honestly says they wouldnt support a neighboring (sp long day) country if theres were not in it can also shove it up there bottoms.

I stand by the fact that if England were knocked out of say... World cup 2010 and Scotland were still in it i would whole heartedly cheer for them and want them to win.

Were supposed to be 1 united knigdom ffs but when some annoying little runt like Murray says otherwise he can fuck off.

And anyone who honestly says they wouldnt support a neighboring (sp long day) country if theres were not in it can also shove it up there bottoms.

Ask someone from Portugal if they were supporting Spain in Euro 2008 Final. Or France about Germany. Or Austria about Germany. It's a very common standpoint not to support your neighbouring country.

However, Andy Murray, when he plays tennis, is British so we should all be behind him. His standpoint in football is completely different as is mine.

However, Andy Murray, when he plays tennis, is British so we should all be behind him. His standpoint in football is completely different as is mine.

I think it's important to remember this. I supported Henman, I support British athletics teams, etc. But I don't support England football, England rugby, etc. Thats like me supporting Rangers after Celtic are knocked out of the Champs League, or a Man City fan supporting Utd, or a Liverpool fan supporting Everton.

Your telling me you dont cheer for a team of the same nationality in the CL if your team is knocked out?

Im a Liverpool fan and i cheered for arsenal in there CL final. Know why? Because there fans (some of them >.>) are english and would support liverpool if they were in the final. I cheered rangers in the UC final aswell.

Your telling me you dont cheer for a team of the same nationality in the CL if your team is knocked out?

Im a Liverpool fan and i cheered for arsenal in there CL final. Know why? Because there fans (some of them >.>) are english and would support liverpool if they were in the final. I cheered rangers in the UC final aswell.

I'd support Hibs, or Motherwell, or whatever. But not Rangers, because they are our local rivals. Same way England are Scotlands local rivals.

The women are down to the semi's now.

Zheng v Serena

Dementieva v Venus

Anyone wanna bet against it being Serena v Venus in the final? I'd like to see Zheng win the whole thing because she's had a great tournament so far, but you can't help but think Serena will over power her.

Although i think the womens play great tennis, i hate the equal amount of prize money, as such, i don't watch much of it...

I'm not a great fan of women's tennis because I hate how they all think they are super models rather than tennis players. Plus I think the men play better, etc.

I'm not a great fan of women's tennis because I hate how they all think they are super models rather than tennis players. Plus I think the men play better, etc.

True, but the finals last year was great, i don't want any williams to win, they aren't as good as they think they are, and although one does well in wimbledon, they seem to fail everywhere else...

1032: Incidentally, if you're texting in with 'I'm not supporting Murray because's he's Scottish and said he hates England', you'll be getting very short shrift here. Andy made a joke, an off-the-cuff remark, which has been blown so far out of proportion, it's embarrassing. End of rant.

Thanking you, Caroline Cheese from the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7484184.stm

Looks like Nadal is destroying Murray; BBC commentary is hilarious.

"In the VIP seats, Judy Murray grimaces like a man with piles on a cold morning."

"The crowd are desperate for any small sign of a Murray revival, but Rafa is pooping this party with a near-perfect performance. "

Nadal was never gonna mess up against Murray. After Murray bigging himself up, and after all the build up the BBC gave him all we can do is await the inevitable, "Andy still did well to reach the quarters, etc." And all his smack talk about being able to win Wimbledon will be swept under the carpet.

:yay:

Nadal was great! :)

I knew he was going to win so didn't really watch it. I want him to win Wimbledon. :D

Murray did as well as anyone could really, he's still so young and nothing is going to take down Nadal any time soon. I don't like Nadal myself, he has the play style and charisma of an automated ball cannon.

Are you Henman in disguise?! Are you Henman in disguise?!

Sorry but I hate how every year the country couldn't give two shits about tennis, but Wimbledon comes around and every year some British Talent (formerly 'Tiger' Tim, now Murray) is 'sure' to win, but fails. It was obvious from day one he doesn't have a hope against Nadal or Federer. God I hate our media, and the buffoons who follow it blindly.

Are you Henman in disguise?! Are you Henman in disguise?!

Sorry but I hate how every year the country couldn't give two shits about tennis, but Wimbledon comes around and every year some British Talent (formerly 'Tiger' Tim, now Murray) is 'sure' to win, but fails. It was obvious from day one he doesn't have a hope against Nadal or Federer. God I hate our media, and the buffoons who follow it blindly.

That's because tennis is never on TV apart from during Wimbledon. It's on pretty much non-stop and people get really into it. It happens with all sports when they're on TV for a decent amount of time.

Regarding the game today, the best player one. Nadal was always going to win, no doubt about it. Here's hoping Nadal gets to the final and then Roger pumps him with Nadal taking less than 4 games.

(Although the fiver I have on Nadal to win secretly wants him to win)

*waits for the god of tennis to show up*

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDERERERERER

to win, cuz i dislike nadal...