NEurope
Dan_Dare

Insane retro gaming auction

Just come across this slice of internet madness: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330326168714

this is an absolutely gargantuan collection sell off. Most of it is tat but there's some really interesting gems in there- including several sit down Japanese arcade cabs etc.

Worth looking, if only to blow your own mind because, at a rapidly climbing bit past £4,000, you won't be able to bid :grin:

That is truly amazing! Half the pictures dont even work and yet what i saw was well worth £4,000!

I can see the price going sky high though. Maybe close to £10,000 by next week when it ends.

Edited by Jav_NE

There are huge number of things there. The Gamecube, and DS games along would be worth several hundred, with the 5 (FIVE?!) N64s pushing it up even more. There is just so much stuff!

All the pictures were working for me, and it truely is an impressive collection. i got as far as the saturn games scolling manually then realised how much was left :o

Makes me wanna find out my retro stuff.

That really is an awesome collection, with the good stuff easily out doing all the not so great games/stuff. It'll go for quite a bit more than £10,000 when it's done, or at least it should do. I've surprised he's selling it as a single lot because some of the things in there are worth quite a lot. The japanese Saturn games.... some of those will be worth/are worth quite a bit and that CPII System, in that immaculate state, is worth a fair bit to a collector. Really, I wish I had the money to bid on it because I'd love to get my hands on some of the stuff he's got. Wouldn't sell much of it on myself if I won the auction.

Little disappointed that he only had a regular Saturn though. Thought that when it was going to appear in the mass of pictures that there would be the white japanese one but no. That was a shame. That and the Game and Watch, which is worth about £40-£50. I was expecting something better than that given the status of some of his collection. Some Game and Watches are worth several hundred, knocking on a thousand, pound (if you have one of the crystal ones in your attic or in your house, take care of it because those ones are the real money makers).

It's a shame there weren't some other pr0 games.

The chap seems a bit obsessed with Street Fighter.

Man, if I had the money... Some great stuff in there. Some crap too but you can always sell that yourself, heh.

I love how '56k' just tends to mean 'this page has lots of data' these days. In the future the origin of the phrase will be as well known as the origin to idioms like "mind your p's and q's". AND! I bet it spreads and is applied to more thangs. Yes.

I love how '56k' just tends to mean 'this page has lots of data' these days. In the future the origin of the phrase will be as well known as the origin to idioms like "mind your p's and q's".

Haha, test driving a crappy slow car you'll be like "shit man, 56k warning"

Re: the auction, I'd want like £100,000 for all that, otherwise what are you going to get? The end of one of the greatest game collections and you're left with... a big hole where your entire life used to be and a downpayment on a house or something? Meh.

Re: the auction, I'd want like £100,000 for all that, otherwise what are you going to get? The end of one of the greatest game collections and you're left with... a big hole where your entire life used to be and a downpayment on a house or something? Meh.

You guys are way too obsessed about material possessions.

I don't really get why this is awesome. It's just stuff.

PICT6527.jpg

Thats where the value really is.

His house must be amazingly big, even to just have it all stored.

^ Is it strange that I want to sit and untangle all of that? Hate having tangled wires.

^ Is it strange that I want to sit and untangle all of that? Hate having tangled wires.

I hate having tangled wires, its worse when they get twisted too.. If you get what i mean.

I know that they are just 'material possesions' but to see such an amassed amount of stuff in on collection... it's just awesome, I wish I could explain why but I can't. :/

With that said, having a collection of stuff that large can't be all that great as the guy has decided to sell it all :heh: I have a collection of sorts - I even have one or two of the more obscure items from the pics such as the Super Mario Bros Game and Watch - but it's nowhere as large as that and tbh I wouldn't want it to be.

Indeed I shall even be selling some of my stuff soon because a lot of it is sitting around doing nothing, so I plan to streamline it so that I only keep stuff that I use mostly because what is the point in obtaining so much if you can only use so little of it?

Anyway as far as a collection goes it is a truly awesome sight to behold, I just hope that whoever ends up purchasing it will sell some of it on, keeping what they intend to use but getting rid of what they know they realistically won't. :)

damn thats alot of stuff!

how long was this guy hording all this stuff? 5 N64s 3 GCNs a couple dreamcasts and a crap ton of other stuff. I thought Rez's DS collection was epic but this is way better.

Um..........

That is one huge collection. Talk about a clear-out or what!!

If i had the money, i'd probably take a bid on all that. Then sell much of it for a profit.

It's not really the items that get me, it's the fact that it's a collection, it could be of anything, but the rarity and the number of years it's taken to amount makes it impressive. I just meant I would need a lot of money to erase that part of my life, I'd have to be in serious financial trouble and really need it, or know I was going to get something really brilliant out of it.

With that said, having a collection of stuff that large can't be all that great as the guy has decided to sell it all :heh: I have a collection of sorts - I even have one or two of the more obscure items from the pics such as the Super Mario Bros Game and Watch - but it's nowhere as large as that and tbh I wouldn't want it to be.

Indeed I shall even be selling some of my stuff soon because a lot of it is sitting around doing nothing, so I plan to streamline it so that I only keep stuff that I use mostly because what is the point in obtaining so much if you can only use so little of it?

This is pretty much where I stand. ;)

shame that a good bunch of the pics didnt work :( but what a collection from what can been seen. Everything is in pristine condition :o

(im soooo gunna buy a super mario kart watch :D)

That's a pretty sweet collection. Maybe he's selling it on because he needs the money for something, like putting a deposit on a house or something where you'd require lots of money. Not just for buying cola bottles, that's for sure. Although, blowing 10 grand on cola bottles would be...so fucking sweet. :D

My Mum's a bit of a collector, and she never really sells things or throws things away. The way I've been bought up has showed and told me that you should never sell your things, anything really, because the stuff should be kept and passed on. The very first games consoles/computers that I were given were a Commodore64 and an Spectrum that belonged to my Dad, and he never needed them anymore. True, he could have sold it on and got something back for it, but he decided to pass on the stuff to me and my brothers instead. I wouldn't say that my family were very materialistic, but rather that the joy I got from playing those games when I was younger probably weighed up a lot more in their minds than the money they would have received from selling that stuff. I've got games that I carried on collecting for the Commodore64, and stuff from the Master System, SNES era up til the Wii, and I'd love to give all the stuff to my kids one day, and show them the types of things that I grew up with and enjoyed. It would break my heart to sell a lot of that stuff, as I've got so many memories attached to things.

Although, I think having that big a collection is really heavy and excess. The bigger machines are sweet, and he's a brave lad for buying them. I'd never have the space or the true appreciation for anything like that. It seems very show-offy.

3 GCNs

I have 2 GCs (Black and Pearl White) and almost bought 2 more (Purple and Silver). Gotta get all the colours!

That is an epic collection. I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on it in one go though.