NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MicroLovePony

Pikmin Wii U At E3

LINK HERE

While we knew it was likely to be shown at this year's event, Nintendo have now confirmed it. I for one have been waiting for this for quite some time.

What you hope they've included? For me it would have to be online multiplayer and plenty of treasures and enemies to be found. One thing I also really loved about the second game was the variety of stages and baddies along with the random environments like the bathroom and toy room. More of this please Nintendo! :bouncy:

I'm starting to think we need an E3 thread. I certainly would've preferred to be surprised at the event.

What you hope they've included?
Personally I'd like to see them create a world around you as a player, so that when you're not directly involved with on-screen action, you can look around your room with the tablet and through AR (or whatever it is they've used to do this in their demo's) see the world vitually.

Looking down at the floor would show a blanket of grass instead of your carpet, with little Pikmin running around/standing at your feet looking up at you in curiousity.

Or maybe what the in game camera shows on the TV, is what you can see around you in the virtual world, as if you are the in game cameraman. *I've confused myself, but yeah*

Also, in game the Pikmin could 'leave for another area' through a log tunnel or something... and that area could be your living room. You could then put the controller on the floor and solve puzzles/games with a select group of them, that are to scale...

Small Mazes, Pikmin Chess with them as the pieces, Pikmin Tennis, who knows... and then send them back into the game world, where these 'external' puzzles could unlock things.

Edited by Retro_Link

About bloody time. I've lost count of how many times its been alluded to or mentioned and not shown up...

SO HYPED!

This series is so serene and easy-going that I cannot help but be extremely hyped!

It's such a joy to play, and I bet it'll be jaw-droppingly gorgeous in HD.

The fact that Miyamoto is closely involved in this project will probably mean we'll be getting interesting gameplay mechanics and whatnot.

I also cannot wait to hear the OST!

Oh sweet baby jesus hell yeah!

I've been itching for this!!!

I'm starting to think we need an E3 thread. I certainly would've preferred to be surprised at the event.

Yeah, agree with this. Although, I was half expecting it anyway, after Miyamoto's revelation that he has moved the project from Wii to WiiU.

I'm not surprised, but it's still good to finally get confirmation.

Whatever Pikmin 3 turns out to be, I suspect that it wont be specifically designed around the Wii U's unique hardware. Miyamoto said (back in 2003) that he had the basic idea for Pikmin 3, before Pikmin 2 was released, so I suspect that (like Pikmin 2 and how it shifted from the 1st game), the big innovation will be about the game's structure and mechanics rather than a control innovation.

Plus with it having shifted platforms from Wii to Wii U, any early prototypes will have been designed around the Wii Remote (probably using some combination of pointer controls and motions for throwing, assuming that even this hasn't been ditched!). Given that the Wii U dev kits haven't been around for long, I wouldn't imagine that the game would've been so heavily redesigned as to be built around the tablet.

The best bit about this is that I have no idea what to expect from the game. It's all pretty exciting really! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime took to the stage last Tuesday he wasn't armed with the machine itself, but a controller and a radical proposal for a new framework of play.

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime took to the stage last Tuesday he wasn't armed with the machine itself, but a controller and a radical proposal for a new framework of play.

Always provide a link - or you'll be asked for proof.

I think, I think, and I'm going out on a limb here, but I think it's a bot!

50 years later we finally see/get pikmin 3? Though I'd totally get it.

Me and a friend were talking about Pikmin on Wii U and I got thinking about semi co-op play on a map, where you'd have action on your main screen(so would need two consoles/screens/be online) and your tablet screen could have a map or vision of the other player/switchable views. Say you can each lead 50 pikmin, and essentially double efforts during the day by split work loads, but sometimes you find stuff that needs >50 pikmin, and you have to go team up. Either go to them, or maybe even work in mechanics where you can help each other out by 'sending' pikmin over to the other person somehow. There'd obviously also be epic teamup bits that need both of you.

This mainly comes out of him asking if I ever played multiplayer, and I was like no but then started thinking about multiplayer implications, I have no idea if this is how they already did it.

Sign in to follow this