NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Also doesn't help that you can't get both your Dembas firing at the same time.

Double post automerge go!

I was browsing player for my fantasy football team, and was thinking i should put some Man U players in there since they are doing well at the moment, and it would make sense to have some players from them.

However, i was surprised to find that other than Van Persie (whom i can't afford) there are barely any Man U players doing well in the Fantasy league....there isn't a single Man U midfielder on the first page of midfielders (all of them have a score of lower than 30-ish), while the only other player that in is the top half of his position is Raphael.

I suppose it must be a testament to how well they are playing as a team? Clearly their defense and goalkeepers are doing badly because they can't seem to keep a clean sheet at all, but how come their midfield and strikeforce are getting so few points - is it because all those points are shared around, so no-one (other than RVP) gets lots of points?

Should probably have posted this in the FF thread, but who the fuck reads that.

Ah, this seems to have answered my question for me:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2240306/Manchester-United-13th-goals-Robin-Van-Persie-Liverpool-19th-Luis-Suarez.html

Greta days football. Awesome away win at fulham, back up to 4th, level with Chelsea, 5 points ahead of goons!

I knew Arsenal would struggle this year, even when they beat us I felt bizarrely positive as it was simply because we had 10 men.

January will change everything of course, but feeling great at the minute. We're really starting to click!

COOOOOOOOOOOME ON YOU SPUUUUUUUUUURS!!!

God, that first half was both entertaining and traumatic. We looked so shite defensively, but we seemed to score every-time we went forward. Anderson was excellent again, but now he's injured and will struggle for form...again. He has everything to make it at the club except for luck with injuries.

If we defend like that next week, we are going to get destroyed. A friend from work heard that we were playing Reading and said, "easy game, eh?" to which I replied, "nope, we'll make hard work of it, as usual." Which we did.

Benitez sacked in the morning?? Lol

Torres sacked in the morning!

Greta days football. Awesome away win at fulham, back up to 4th, level with Chelsea, 5 points ahead of goons!

I knew Arsenal would struggle this year, even when they beat us I felt bizarrely positive as it was simply because we had 10 men.

January will change everything of course, but feeling great at the minute. We're really starting to click!

COOOOOOOOOOOME ON YOU SPUUUUUUUUUURS!!!

I'm going to step in to my role as the voice of the pessimistic spurs fan on the forum.

We were dire 70% of todays game, and were really lucky to hang on to the three points against liverpool.. had no pace most of todays game, 3-0 was pretty harsh on Fulhum, dunno if the game would ever have opened up if it weren't for Sandro's speciality wondergoal, so I'm not sure you could say we're clicking yet. Also I'm a bit worried about Bale leaving based on interviews I've watched / read with him / AVB in the past week.. bah. January!

I'm glad Dempsey's looking hot though, set up some top goals in the past few games. Loving Defoe this season too, clinical as you like. If Moutinho is back on in January I'll be feeling pretty good about things though.

Loved todays results too. Micchu! Swans! Champs.

Another booking for diving for Bale. Do the media take notice? No.

Course not he's British. Only Johnny Foreigner cheats.

Yeah, I've read plenty about it in the media. To be fair to to him too, neither were actually dives, there was clearly enough collision to knock him over when he's running full pelt. At most he made a bit of a meal of them (which is partly because he's such a lank that it's always going to look a bit ridiculous) - but he does need to cut it out and not spend so long on the ground.

I also don't buy Rodger's the theory that if Bale was Uruguayan everyone would slam him for diving. People pick up on Suarez diving because he's a nobhead, not because of his nationality.

(Having written this I've just youtubed Bale dives and he's done some utter shockers, so I'm not sure where I stand now... still harsh to get two yellows this week though).

I think Suarez's have been a lot more blatant. Besides, I don't see Suarez's hate because of his diving, it is because of the whole package of scumminess that is Luiz Suarez.

Convincing 3-0 win.....at home against 10 man Wigan. Still, great result and 3 desperately needed points in the bag. Hopefully this will stop the rot. Lovely first goal from Bigirimana as well.

Convincing 3-0 win.....at home against 10 man Wigan. Still, great result and 3 desperately needed points in the bag. Hopefully this will stop the rot. Lovely first goal from Bigirimana as well.

Positive consistency is what we need. We've been consistent.....ly bad so far.

Messi is insane. Not that I watch many Barca matches, but I've never seen him play and not score. His record is phenomenal.

Having players like Iniesta, Xavi, Sanchez and Cesc around you must help alot.

What's he scored this year? 70 odd?

Put him in an average side like Liverpool and he'd score half that.

He's still the best player in the world by a good margin, but he gets alot of help.

Having players like Iniesta, Xavi, Sanchez and Cesc around you must help alot.

What's he scored this year? 70 odd?

Put him in an average side like Liverpool and he'd score half that.

He's still the best player in the world by a good margin, but he gets alot of help.

Joe Cole is basically Messi anyway..

an average side like Liverpool

New quote for @Ellmeister's sig?

As far as I know he's on 83 goals this year. Not bad, really.

BBC are saying that he can match "Gerd Mueller's record of 85 goals in a calendar year if he scores against Benfica on Wednesday."

Absolutely insane how many goals he scores.

Awesome stuff, Celtic. Great for them that they got through. In another reality, they could have finished top of the group!

Not seen anything, read on twitter it was a dive. Anyone clear that up?

* I've been out for a few drinks and I'm too lazy to read/watch anything.