NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

Beat that boss I was stuck on earlier tonight, got to the final boss and got destroyed.

Currently level 80, I guess I have to be around level 85 to beat him.

Takes about 30 minutes to get to him, what were Monolith Soft thinking.

@kav82 has kindly informed me that you can actually change the time within the game!

I didn't know this and i'm 80 hours in.

No more just waiting for time to pass!!

Beat that boss I was stuck on earlier tonight, got to the final boss and got destroyed.

Well done. Glad you came back. :)

@kav82 has kindly informed me that you can actually change the time within the game!

I also revealed a right spoiler for you! Sorry again man!

I finished the game at level 80, I thought the last boss was a breeze.

So how did you go about beat her? Leveling up? Melia? Both?

The last boss is level 82 but you should be able to take it on at your current level. You could just level up some more and power your way through it though. Level 85 or above should be more than enough.

I seem to remember Baten Kaitos having a difficult boss halfway through the game as well. I remember struggling on him and people on Gamefaqs kicking off about it as well. Must be a Monolith Soft thing. :D

001.jpg

What with this and the character switching thing, were you even paying attention to stuff for this 80 hours you were playing? :)

@Hero\-of\-Time

It reminded me of the time when I went 45 mins waiting for those beasts on Monster Hunter to have a poo as I needed some dung for something.

How is this even possible?

@Hero\-of\-Time

It reminded me of the time when I went 45 mins waiting for those beasts on Monster Hunter to have a poo as I needed some dung for something.

980.gif

So how did you go about beat her? Leveling up? Melia? Both?

Leveled up to 77, my team was Melia, Reyn & Sharla.

Glad I didn't finish it last night as I want to finish Colony 6 first.

I thought I'd get to save before the boss but nope.

You guys make me want to play this again, but I really just don't have the time. It's a controversial question, and I might make it into a thread in General or something;

If I decide to use cheats to cut down my game down but experience the story(mind you've I've already played to maybe 10-20 hours shy of the end, I think) - how much would you judge me :p? This game and its story had me so much, but I just fell off and couldn't find time to get back into it.

@Rummy There are cheats to this game?

Only with Homebrew and stuff :p my Wii's all hacked up now due to trying to get Project M working!

FINISHED IT!

Yes_yes_yes.gif

Finished it in just under 92 hours at Level 83.

I'm really glad I got the opportunity to play and finish this game as I have really enjoyed it. Sad its over if I'm honest as its all I've played for the last month or so.

So tempted to start it again but might save that for when there is another game drought.

Music in this game is phenomenal by the way, don't think I've mentioned it before on here.

My fave

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Thanks to everyone on here that kept pushing me to finish it.

Bumped the wrong thread dude. This be the sequel.

Could you move the post to the right thread or should I just copy/paste this? :)

Edit: Ok, right thread!

Question: Should I sell stuff or keep it, i.e. is stuff useful for some kind of crafting? :p

Edited by drahkon

Okay, with all this talk I'm going to start this game too... I'm just finishing batman/infamous and last of us. When two of them are Oenone I'm doing this! I hate long games... But bring it on!

I feel bad I still haven't finished this game. Got right to the end and just stopped because I didn't want to go past the point of no return. It's my favourite RPG of all time. Topping even Tales Of Symphonia. This, SMG2 and MH3 were the best games on Wii. It's a truly outstanding and amazing game.

Peeps, I have two questions : peace:

Do I have unlimited space in the inventory?

Should I sell stuff or keep it, i.e. is stuff useful for some kind of crafting? :p

Peeps, I have two questions : peace:

Do I have unlimited space in the inventory?

Nah, it fills up eventually.

Keep crystals for crafting but keep on eye on your weapons and general items. If you do a lot of battling these sections will fill up quite fast. I done an inventory check after arriving at each new areas, just to keep on top of things.

The general items will be marked if you need them for a quest, so no worries about what you can or can't sell with those.

Keep crystals for crafting but keep on eye on your weapons and general items.

So weapons/equipment can be sold but crystals should be kept for crafting. General items depending on whether they are needed for quests.

Got it, thanks : peace:

And about quests: I've done a few, but just to be sure: Whenever you fulfill the requirements (collect items, defeat monsters) they are completed right away? No need to go back to the people who gave you the quest?

Sorry to bother, but this game seems to have an incredible amount of content and I've just hit the 30 minute mark :laughing: As with every RPG I'd like to get used to its quest mechanics/inventory/equipment before really starting. :)

This will probably be a long time project :D I'll try to squeeze in the occasional hour of playtime during the next few months.

And about quests: I've done a few, but just to be sure: Whenever you fulfill the requirements (collect items, defeat monsters) they are completed right away? No need to go back to the people who gave you the quest?

Sorry to bother, but this game seems to have an incredible amount of content and I've just hit the 30 minute mark :laughing: As with every RPG I'd like to get used to its quest mechanics/inventory/equipment before really starting. :)

This will probably be a long time project :D I'll try to squeeze in the occasional hour of playtime during the next few months.

The quests start off like that but eventually it switches to the usual standard JRPG tasks of handing them back in.

The game is huge and the average playtime is probably around 80 hours. I eventually got through it but it turned into a real drag by the end.

The game is huge and the average playtime is probably around 80 hours. I eventually got through it but it turned into a real drag by the end.

Yeah, I read that a lot. That's why I decided to play the game only occasionally. Probably stretching it out for months, but it seems like a good idea. : peace:

Definitely keep track of the gems you pick up for crafting as well as socketing your gear later in the game. I forgot about this until late in the game when I was playing it and would've helped majorly had I remembered. Same with skill linking but that's something which comes up later.

As for quests, a lot of the ones requiring you to collect items generally just end when you collect the last item so you don't have to return but it's probably 6 and 2 3's with regards to the split of having to return to the quest giver or not. They will get a bit tiring, and tracking down some people for quests is annoying due to being around at certain times of the day. Really abuse the fast forward time in the menu and that should help.

But yeah, definitely spread it out over the course of a month or more as it does slog a bit around the middle and at the end when the game does spike in difficulty. Other than that, it's a great game and definitely my favourite game on the Wii so hope you enjoy it @drahkon :D

I'm already in love with the battle system and the setting. The landscape of Colony 9 is impressive. Can't wait to see what the world has to offer.

Something that is REALLY annoying me, though: The loading times when opening menus. It's unacceptable in an RPG.

If I press the button to open the equipment menu, the window should open instantly and not after one second.

It made me stop my playing-session just now.

Hope it won't annoy me too much...it may very well be a deal breaker for me as I love menus in RPGs and spent a lot of time with stats and equipment. When I have to wait for every window to open...:blank:

I lived this game, completed it over the course of a week or two. Never at one point did I find it a slog!

I'm slightly ashamed of myself that I had long and frequent breaks when I played this game. In fairness, it is a massive game, so I can easily see how people can be burnt out by it as it is almost overwhelming at times. I can also see the flipside and can imagine somebody playing this 24/7. When I eventually do replay this game, I'm going to do it over a period of 2 weeks or something and not have any breaks, because I do think it's better that way.

Epic game, in many different senses. The world is just huge. Very beautiful locations, too. Amazing combat system. The only blemishes for me are that there are some rather large difficulty spikes at certain points which can make the game a bit less fun than it should be. Also, when doing certain quests (that ONE BIG QUEST YOU ALL KNOW I'M TALKING ABOUT...REBUILDING), it's hard as fuck to get some of the items needed for it. Aside from that, the game is wonderful.

It also has one of the best videogaming soundtracks of all fucking time.

I found myself totally hoarding the crystals(is that what they were?) for the gem crafting for augmentation stuff, so I'd say once you can start messing about with forging. Given that there's various levels over time that old ones become obsolete(ish), it isn't too much of a loss unless they're like super rare/awesome gems.

You know what? Even though I'm super excited to play through the game again on the New3DS, the Wii version will still end up being the better version of the two anyway because of the controls (Wiimote & Nunchuck controls >>>>>> CCPro/New3DS).

Plus they'll probably cut out the Japanese voices to save on storage space and put the game out on a 4GB Card (not that I'd ever play the game with anything other than English voices, but still :p )

Even so, those landscapes are gonna look and feel pretty incredible in S3D! The portable nature of play is also a really great fit for doing all of those sidequests too! :D (even though the cutscenes are gonna be way too long for portable play...)