NEurope
Mokong

Official Microsoft E3 Press Conference Discussion - 10th June @ 5.30pm

One thing I really don't get is how does the cloud stuff work in reality? Forza has some magic where it goes to the cloud to learn how you drive? So it's offset calculations and computations etc... what about when your offline?

I think twitch stuff all looked nice and you can stream properly etc...

Looking forward to Sony see what they offer...I'm still hoping for cheaper price....

$499 US likely means $499 CDN plus 14% plus environmental tax so its looking pricey, no wonder people often drive to the US for electronics...

Price point is clearly one of the biggest factors at a time when disposable income is being squeezed. I wait to see the PS4 also priced at a ridiculously stupid rate.

The PS4 must be cheaper than this right? The Kinect must add a fair whack to the price of this. A good conference apart from the price but Sony could have this sewn up if they really wow us at their conference and have a more sensible price.

So $499, €499 and £429. (No Japanese price, funnily enough :heh:)

€499 currently works out to about £424, so the UK are being charged a £5 premium on the eurozone.

$499 works out to about £320, add 20% VAT on and you get £384. So the UK are being charged a £45 premium over the USA.

It's just not right.

The price is £30 more than expected. I'm hoping that the retailers will fight and bring it down closer to £400. Then I can still buy the console and a game for £450 as I was planning.

PS4 needs to be £399, if not £349 and they've won before Christmas

The thing is PS4 is the only high end console this gen. The Xbox One is quite cheap. I am pretty sure you could buy the parts on Amazon and assemble it cheaper (i know its an APU but take that aside). This is the same thing Nintendo did with the WiiU which is over value the console. Whats worse is both seem muddled. What are the Unique selling points of the Xbox one? Kinect?

Its really poor marketing on behalf of MS and Nintendo this new gen. Why does it cost so much? Please explain MS.

I have feeling Sony can easily just set it a little higher and be happy. They got much more expensive hardware to sell.

Edited by Choze

The PS4 must be cheaper than this right? The Kinect must add a fair whack to the price of this. A good conference apart from the price but Sony could have this sewn up if they really wow us at their conference and have a more sensible price.

But the new extremely similar PS Eye will add the same whack no?

The New PS Eye is far less powerful than the Kinect (I think).

Probably.

But for the next few hours I will be hoping it won't. :(

I am amazed at how weak the conference was. Their exclusives arent going to do much overall. the best stuff is multiplatform. The PS4 is using more powerful hardware... The price is shocking. Its another over valuation blunder.

If the hardcore were upset by the last show then this show will affect the mainstream.

No its not the same The PS Eye has some other gimmicks though. But its not going to be a big focus for Sony. So dont expect much. Its hopefully not bundled as that would be stupid.

Edited by Choze

No its not the same The PS Eye has some other gimmicks though. But its not going to be a big focus for Sony. So dont expect much. Its hopefully not bundled as that would be stupid.

I thought it was bundled?

I think they said it's already bundled.

I thought it was bundled?

A freakin webcam even if bundled wont push the Xbone to £300 pounds let alone £429.

The price is weird its like trying to sell a Ford Fiesta at the price of a BMW.

MS are being weirdly inconsistent on everything. Same goes for Nintendo.

The Phantom Pain and the lighting in BF4 have me believing in next gen graphics. If it's this spectacular this early on... phwoar.

I suppose there's less head-scratching over the architecture this time round which means there's less room for improvement over time, but dayum, things are looking tasty.

Edited by dwarf

I think they said it's already bundled.

Im pretty sure they confirmed that it wont be bundled in

The Phantom Pain and the lighting in BF4 have me believing in next gen graphics. If it's this spectacular this early on... phwoar.

I suppose there's less head-scratching over the architecture this time round which means there's less room for improvementover time, but dayum, things are looking tasty.

MGS looks dope. Forget about the 360/PS3 version.

Im pretty sure they confirmed that it wont be bundled in

Ok I stand corrected.

I respectively withhold my judgement until Sony announce the PS4 price.

I'm going to throw out the suggestion we may see a new Uncharted on the PS4 at some point during it's lifetime, so the price is mute really.

So to summarise.

lol Microsoft.

I really like the idea of Project Spark thing where you get to create your own world and I'm loving that they're expanding the xbox one to indie games!

The zombie thing was actually quite interesting even though I don't really like that sort of stuff.

Other than that, with all the shooters, I don't like it. That price? It's mad.

No thanks, even if you have Killer Instinct :cry:

Killer Instinct made by the people behind the Battleship movie game.

The Last of Us and BioShock Infinite were 10x more appealing than anything shown here, but I still don't think it was a shabby conference, Microsoft have atoned for their fuckery somewhat. Had this type of conference taken place 5 years ago I would've been left in awe, but these days I want that extra something from games. I want Sony to show me the next Journey or more of The Last Guardian. Fingers crossed.

Also -Sony has made the One's sharing features look pedestrian.

Edited by dwarf

Microsoft has now detailed the limited Day One Edition of Xbox One, available for those who reserve the system at participating retailers.

You'll get a limited edition Xbox One Day One branded controller, and a unique commemorative Day One Achievement, plus in-game DLC for a number of launch titles.

Wow. There are no words

I would have liked to have seen more first person shooters at today's conference.