NEurope

No, @S\.C\.G.. you have to play it NOW :eek: I need to hear a special Gittin's rendition of 'Wake me up before you go-go' before it's too late..

WiiMusic.gif

You know what... sod it!

Wii Music here I come! :hehe:

(I'll report back later assuming I survive the ordeal) ;)

Oh god... tell me it isn't true... just... TELL ME IT ISN'T TRUUUUUE!* :cry:

*I've never actually played Wii Music before.:p

Respect! Have you ever played the spoons? Well it's more entertaining than Wii Music garbage.

You know what... sod it!

Wii Music here I come! :hehe:

(I'll report back later assuming I survive the ordeal) ;)

Well... an hour later, I'm back... a little confused, a bit mentally bruised but I'm back. :p

So yeah... Wii Music, I sort of 'get' where Nintendo were going with it but in reality some of it is rather clumsily put together, honestly the best part of the 'game' for me? Getting to conduct an orchestral version of The Legend of Zelda theme, just like Shigsy did at E3 many years back, I think that was the main selling point of the title really, so I give it credit for that. :D

But will I play it again?

Probably not... unless there are a good few more Nintendo tunes buried in there which don't take too long to unlock, otherwise I can just leave it there, but if they were to try something similar but with the gamepad instead then I'd actually be interested in that, maybe not a full retail offering but perhaps an eShop Wii mUsic? I don't know. ::shrug:

Seen a tweet from Littlewoods who have Wii Mini bundle deals. Just in case anyone is interested.

http://www.littlewoods.com/mobile/gaming-dvd/nintendo-wii/wii-console-packages/e/b/10317.end?aff=ppctwitter&affsrc=acquisition&{Electricals}&cm_mmc=ppctwitter-_-Mobile-_-Electricals-_-Nintendo+Wii

Nintendo Wii*Mini Console with FREE

Mario Party 8

Just Dance 4

Item Numbers:*3KNVP14

£110.00

Nintendo Wii*Mini Console with

Mario Party 8,

Super Paper Mario,

Super Mario Galaxy

Item Numbers:*3KNWC15

£150.00

Mario Party 8,

Just Dance Disney Party,

Wreck it Ralph,

Epic Mickey 2

Cars 2

Item Numbers:*3KNWA15

£185.00

Mario Party 8 ,

Super Paper Mario,

Mario Power Tennis

Wii Sport Resort

Item Numbers:*3KNWK15

£170.00

Wii's U.S. Nintendo Channel, Forecast Channel, News Channel & more taken offline.

The death of the Wii continues, with a number of services officially halted in the United States. You can no longer go online via Wii to access this content.

Nintendo Channel, Forecast Channel, News Channel, Everybody Votes Channel, and Check Mii Out Channel

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=206429

All good things must come to an end eventually.

EDIT: I can confirm they're gone on this side of the pond too. I forgot about this date. I'll miss little things like the hour counter on my games played on the Nintendo Channel. That doesn't and shouldn't need the Nintendo Channel to work that out.

They're slowly turning the Wii into its retarded brother, the Wii Mini. Though it'll never fail as hard as that turd.

Edited by Wii

When I got the Wii U i put the Wii in my sons bedroom, but he never played it, so last night i brought it back downstairs, used up all my Wii points and added SNES emulator to relive some of older favs that will never make it to VC. I was up all night playing numerous games and it was a real reminder of what a great console Wii is/was. Now thinking of putting the Wii U in my sons bedroom.

The King is dead, long live the king.

When I got the Wii U i put the Wii in my sons bedroom, but he never played it, so last night i brought it back downstairs, used up all my Wii points and added SNES emulator to relive some of older favs that will never make it to VC. I was up all night playing numerous games and it was a real reminder of what a great console Wii is/was. Now thinking of putting the Wii U in my sons bedroom.

The King is dead, long live the king.

The Wii ended up being criminally underappreciated :hmm: In a few years time, I hope others will look back on it with as much affection as I have always felt for the console :smile:

I can't see the Wii U getting anywhere near it..

Wiird Channels

God bless Wikipedia. This graph shows the British Isles breakdown over the question 'Which came first - the chicken or the egg?' As you can see Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man went for the chicken. England, Scotland and Wales united over the egg. Iwata laughs.

Nice light read for a relaxed Saturday morning.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-02-wiird-channels

Edited by madeinbeats

The Wii ended up being criminally underappreciated :hmm: In a few years time, I hope others will look back on it with as much affection as I have always felt for the console :smile:

I can't see the Wii U getting anywhere near it..

I wonder if the Wii will get almost "Dreamcast Status" in the future and gets looked back on as a great console. It's my favourite Nintendo console. I'm still loving it. I also agree with your last post, the Wii U will have to raise its game if it wants to get anywhere near it.

I wonder if the Wii will get almost "Dreamcast Status" in the future and gets looked back on as a great console. It's my favourite Nintendo console. I'm still loving it. I also agree with your last post, the Wii U will have to raise its game if it wants to get anywhere near it.

I think the motion controls would be a barrier against that kind of nostalgia. Obviously they were fine for a lot of people but for others like myself, they really put me off playing games on the Wii.

I think the motion controls would be a barrier against that kind of nostalgia. Obviously they were fine for a lot of people but for others like myself, they really put me off playing games on the Wii.

But then you have tons of games which didn't heavily rely on the controls or even didn't use them altogether. Xenoblade didn't use them, neither did Smash Bros and Galaxy used them to a minimum. For the most part, I thought the usage of the controls was awesome and it seemed to get better and better during the console's life. So much so that I am not looking forward to using dual analogue again after playing games like Goldeneye.

But then you have tons of games which didn't heavily rely on the controls or even didn't use them altogether. Xenoblade didn't use them, neither did Smash Bros and Galaxy used them to a minimum. For the most part, I thought the usage of the controls was awesome and it seemed to get better and better during the console's life. So much so that I am not looking forward to using dual analogue again after playing games like Goldeneye.

Yeah I know there were a load of games that didnt use motion controls but the fact that most games did and the console was built around it was just very off putting to those who didnt like them.

Its very likely that I would never look back on the Wii fondly because it was trying to take gaming in a direction that I absolutely did not want to go. Im not saying it didnt have some great games but I think for those of us who didnt like motion controls, the Wii will always be coloured by that fact before any other.

Nice article. I am sad to see these channels go.

On a side note I hope someone somewhere managed to save the music from these channels. the news channel and some of the everybody votes channel pages had nice tunes which I guess are lost forever unless Nintendo release them.

Download the Zedge app on your phone, I found the Wii menu, Shop Channel, and Mii Channel music on it; use for free as your ringtones. or http://www.zedge.net.

Yeah I know there were a load of games that didnt use motion controls but the fact that most games did and the console was built around it was just very off putting to those who didnt like them.

Its very likely that I would never look back on the Wii fondly because it was trying to take gaming in a direction that I absolutely did not want to go. Im not saying it didnt have some great games but I think for those of us who didnt like motion controls, the Wii will always be coloured by that fact before any other.

Yeah, I can understand why some wouldn't like it, as it is different and new ideas take some time with getting used to. Personally, I think the motion control hate was too overblown and the majority of quality games that used them (not counting shovelware, which exists on all systems) were using them in the right way. I'll always look back on games like Silent Hill, ExciteTruck, Dead Space and Sonic Colours fondly. Silent Hill in particular used the controls in the right way and it didn't detract from the gameplay, it added to it.

Still, Nintendo did something different and I'm grateful for it. For me, it was one hell of a system and it was the console that was with me when I was at uni, when I left uni and spent ages looking for a job, and when I eventually found one and moved to Bournemouth. I often think that you see consoles in a more favourable light if you've had some kind of journey with them. That's why a lot of people love the N64, as they were probably teenagers at the time and you often look back on those years fondly.

@madeinbeats, just noticed your avatar - my local brewery. Nice ales (lemon dream is one of the few ive not tried), seems you're a fan too. We've got some great breweries in Shropshire; Six Bells, Three Tuns in Bishops Castle, Woods in Wistanstow. Just over in Wales you'll find the Waen Brewery, near Newtown - check them it if you can. Edited by david.dakota

@madeinbeats, just noticed your avatar - my local brewery. Nice ales (lemon dream is one of the few ive not tried), seems you're a fan too. We've got some great breweries in Shropshire; Six Bells, Three Tuns in Bishops Castle, Woods in Wistanstow. Just over in Wales you'll find the Waen Brewery, near Newtown - check them it if you can.

Ahh, very good. I've only had it twice but out of the hundreds of ales I've tried it stands out in my mind. It tastes like a very subtle lemon meringue pie. Very, very nice. I don't normally like the pale coloured ales, I think they often lack individual character or have a high bitter taste, which I'm not big on. Lemon Dream is different though. I'd like to try that Darwin's Origin as well, never seen it on anywhere so far.

Our local brewery, Robert Cains, has just been delivered a winding up order no doubt thanks to the government beer tax escalator. They're moving production to a third-party brewer I think but I hope they re-open again soon. Massive shame... Around 90 jobs axed.

Loads of real ale pubs to choose from in Liverpool though. Was out last night and had a pint of Aussie Palarvour (or something like that - I'd had a few by this point) and a pint of Graveyard Bob lol... quite a tangy porter ale... was a bit heavy for the last beer of the night before getting the train! I would have happily crashed in graveyard at that point.

Edited by madeinbeats

I agree with you guys, the Wii is by far my favorite console, full of such nice little touches and bizarre features! Like the black cat hidden within some of the Wii Channels!

And my god, that News Channel slideshow music was something else.

I agree with you guys, the Wii is by far my favorite console, full of such nice little touches and bizarre features! Like the black cat hidden within some of the Wii Channels!

And my god, that News Channel slideshow music was something else.

I wouldn't say it's my favourite console as that's almost certainly the N64 but if I could only own one console then the Wii is far and away the most outstanding candidate :hehe:

The Wii has a great selection of games itself but add to that the ability to play all GC games and download a great collection of games from NES, SNES, N64 and Mega Drive, amongst others, and it's almost difficult to see why it gets such a bad name!

I genuinely wish it was still being supported as I'd love to have seen sequels to Excitebike 64, Wave Race: Blue Storm, 1080: Avalanche and F-Zero GX appear along with the return of a sublime Wii Remote Plus enabled Super Tennis :grin:

Things like Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Yarn Yoshi and Pikmin 3 could also all have been done for Wii, to some extent, so when you think about how the resources required for the move to HD and a new platform and how they could have been used, the Wii's drought could have been less severe and its library of amazing games could have been enhanced beyond belief :eek:

I know there's many reasons the Wii couldn't carry on but it's a shame that life just can't be that perfect :heh:

I wouldn't say it's my favourite console as that's almost certainly the N64 but if I could only own one console then the Wii is far and away the most outstanding candidate :hehe:

I'd be interested to hear why the N64 was your favourite console. I was only really just coming back into console gaming from the PC around then but I never really got some of the love for it.

I'd be interested to hear why the N64 was your favourite console. I was only really just coming back into console gaming from the PC around then but I never really got some of the love for it.

I grew up on the SNES from the age of 5 until getting the N64 as a surprise for Christmas in 1997 when I was 10 :smile: I remember seeing pictures of the console with my friends and it looked insane :grin: Why did the controller have 3 handles..? Was that nub in the middle some kind of cushion for you to press to relax your thumb from extended play sessions..? The possibilities seemed endless and imaginations could run wild at that tender age :heh:

The N64 represented my first foray into the world of 3 dimensions and I was blown away by what was happening to gaming.. though playing Goldeneye for the very first time seemed overwhelming and disorienting since I'd never experienced anything like it. Everything felt so new and fresh :smile:Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, 1080 Snowboarding, Wave Race 64, Excitebike 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, ISS 64, Top Gear Rally, V-Rally 99, Diddy Kong Racing, Lylat Wars, Pilotwings 64, F-Zero X, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Party, Conker's Bad Fur Day and no doubt many others provided so many hours of joy alone and with friends. It was a special time :yay:

Playing all of those games along with things like Metal Gear Solid, ISS Pro Evo 2, Colin McRae Rally and Track and Field at a friend's house on PS1 made that era particularly amazing for me and I'm so appreciative of growing up during those years : peace:

I grew up on the SNES from the age of 5 until getting the N64 as a surprise for Christmas in 1997 when I was 10 :smile: I remember seeing pictures of the console with my friends and it looked insane :grin: Why did the controller have 3 handles..? Was that nub in the middle some kind of cushion for you to press to relax your thumb from extended play sessions..? The possibilities seemed endless and imaginations could run wild at that tender age :heh:

The N64 represented my first foray into the world of 3 dimensions and I was blown away by what was happening to gaming.. though playing Goldeneye for the very first time seemed overwhelming and disorienting since I'd never experienced anything like it. Everything felt so new and fresh :smile:Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, 1080 Snowboarding, Wave Race 64, Excitebike 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, ISS 64, Top Gear Rally, V-Rally 99, Diddy Kong Racing, Lylat Wars, Pilotwings 64, F-Zero X, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Party, Conker's Bad Fur Day and no doubt many others provided so many hours of joy alone and with friends. It was a special time :yay:

Playing all of those games along with things like Metal Gear Solid, ISS Pro Evo 2, Colin McRae Rally and Track and Field at a friend's house on PS1 made that era particularly amazing for me and I'm so appreciative of growing up during those years : peace:

I think that splitting my time between PC and consoles was responsible for some of my apathy towards the system. I did have a PS1 and N64 while they were still out but they never really seemed like anything special after having used a PC before them. The 64 especially I just had a hard time with the murky and oddly flat graphics.

Its probably as well that I have never been all that fond of Mario 64, Ocarina of Time or Goldeneye and if you didnt have those to kind of build interest around for the console then it was a lot harder. My N64 was pretty much the machine I played wrestling games on with my friends when we were growing up.

I think that splitting my time between PC and consoles was responsible for some of my apathy towards the system. I did have a PS1 and N64 while they were still out but they never really seemed like anything special after having used a PC before them. The 64 especially I just had a hard time with the murky and oddly flat graphics.

Its probably as well that I have never been all that fond of Mario 64, Ocarina of Time or Goldeneye and if you didnt have those to kind of build interest around for the console then it was a lot harder. My N64 was pretty much the machine I played wrestling games on with my friends when we were growing up.

You are the worst Nintendo fan in the world. :heh:

It's funny that you mention the wrestling games. No Mercy was one of my favourite experiences and is probably one of my favourite games of all time. Oh my god, the moveset for each wrestler. Very fleshed out.

My only gripe with it is that there weren't as many modes or match types as Smachdown, but what was there was really fleshed out. I loved it.

The N64 also introduced me to F Zero X which floored me. I loved it. GX then came along on the Cube and blew me away.