NEurope

I think the game looks fantatsic considering it was originally a wii title

Why do people keep bringing that up? It is bloody irrelevant

Why do people keep bringing that up? It is bloody irrelevant
Maybe for you... you don't have to reply to/defend every post, if some one wants to talk about it they can.

Maybe for you... you don't have to reply to/defend every post, if some one wants to talk about it they can.

It's just something I can't comprehend. People assume it'll look bad because it started development on another console? Maybe if the console switch was this year, but they switched development to Wii U in early 2011 at the absolute latest

The game looks beautiful.

Also, it is the usual suspects complaining about the ground textures. Pretty petty if you ask me. What gamers should really be worried about is the performance of the game:

- Is it 60fps

- Is the frame rate stable

- Do things slow down, pop in or are there performance issues when there's a lot of Pikmin on screen at the same time

All of these things affect how the game plays. That is the important bit. As games progress we of course want a higher level of visual fidelity, but stability and smooth gameplay should come first and always be the number one priority. What is the point of a game with great visual fidelity but at the expense of frame rate and gameplay?

I agree to some extent about the graphics being great but don't consider it irrelevant or petty when people complain about the ground texture. Sure it's not the biggest deal when considering gameplay matters most, but it still matters. Especially for when you're taking pics to post on Miiverse, the ground (up close) looks awful from those screens and brings down the quality of the pictures.

It's like when playing MH3U and you're fighting Jhen Mohran, you're on it's back, the game is running smoothly but that sand blowing looks sooooo bad that it just detracts from the experience and takes something away from it.

It's like when playing MH3U and you're fighting Jhen Mohran, you're on it's back, the game is running smoothly but that sand blowing looks sooooo bad that it just detracts from the experience and takes something away from it.

WHAAAAT!!!

Those graphics are fucking amazing! When I first saw it I thought I were playing some futuristic Xbox One game!!

Reyt good.

Joke.

They are horrendous!

US advert

Jesus, they actually threw notes into the budget bucket for the advert. One of the best game adverts I've ever seen. That ad would make anyone feel thirsty for it. NoE, your move.

Wow, I am actually amazed at how good the graphics look now. The screenshots are only 800x450 too! If ever I had any doubts about the Wii U's graphical ability, I don't now. If all the big games look as good as this from now on, that'll be plenty good enough!

US advert

This is why Nintendo also need to make some Pixar like movies with their characters! :D

And see... Pikmin do look good standing in actual grass :p

Yeah, the game looks great most of the time but pointing out bad textures isn't petty. It just seems weird to me that they have taken such an effort to make the game look great but then skimped on textures of all things.

Yeah, gameplay is mainly all that counts, but we've used that as an argument for years now with the Wii. Now we have a capable console, we should be seeing consistent great graphics throughout.

But that's all I'm gonna say, I don't wanna turn this into another bad Wii U thread and in general the game does look damn pretty.

UK advert

UK advert trailer. ;)

Hoping they just use the American ad with Brian Blesid voice over lol. Doubt NoE could top that ad. Maybe compliment it with a few lifestyle type ads.

They should pay to have Pikmin just pop up randomly in Coronation Street, just pop up out of Norris Cole's half-a bitter or swinging on one of Deirdre Rasheed's fags. Everyone would be like 'what are all these Pikmin things'. Would go viral.

Yeah, I am only joking!

Edited by madeinbeats

They should pay to have Pikmin just pop up randomly in Coronation Street, just pop up out of Norris Cole's half-a bitter or swinging on one of Deirdre Rasheed's fags. Everyone would be like 'what are all these Pikmin things'. Would go viral.

Yeah, I am only joking!

That's actually one of the best ideas I've heard.

Some of those Miiverse pics are nice. Nintendo have managed to make a game that looks so freaking good and bad at the same time. The ground textures are pretty poor most of the time but everything else is top notch.

That's actually one of the best ideas I've heard.

I agree! Nintendo has to do it

US advert

Amazing ad, except for 00:17...

That point really annoys me, and I don't know why?

Seriously??

You see how zoomed is this picture (+ the angle which tend to uglify textures) and the size of an average pikmin during a game session. You won't notice in game. It would be pointless to waste memory with a bigger one.

You do notice in game, and it can be a bit disappointing, but the visuals are overall good.

It's an early console lifecycle game, and the first Nintendo game that has really pushed hard to figure out HD, so some teething problems are to be expected.

tl;dr there are ups and downs, but its mostly good.

Miyamoto posted something on Miiverse

Apparently there are 10 secret memos dotted around the game. You need to collect them all, but he didn't say why. He said he'll reveal it at a later date

I'll may be picking this up Friday morning, and taking it with me to save me going into town on the Monday to pick it up. Got 3 days booked off after the meet to get some gaming in on the stack i've got sitting on the side.

From the screenshots, wow. They really are impressive, eye candy(ish) i think.

Sunday Times (!) Gave it 5/5 (locked behind paywall review)

Good gameplay vid here. Very low level spoiler video.