NEurope

@madeinbeats can you post your images in spoiler tags, I already asked you on the previous page.

I'd imagine some people would like to discover a lot of the things your posting for themselves.

@madeinbeats can you post your images in spoiler tags, I already asked you on the previous page.

I'd imagine some people would like to discover a lot of the things your posting for themselves.

How about we create a Pikmin 3 Miiverse pic thread? That way those who want to discuss the game can do so in here, without the fear of spoiler pics and those who want to post pics don't have to put spoilers tags on all the time.

Pre-ordered on Shopto, i did have a pre-order in GAME. But saving me £17 is much better. Can't wait now, may even get it Thursday and have a chance to play before London.

Spent ages (as in more than a day) fighting a boss yesterday, only to realise the trick to defeating it afterwards.

Plus, rather annoyingly, couldn't get its carcass back in time but when I went back the next day it had gone (whereas fruit etc was still there).

Spent ages (as in more than a day) fighting a boss yesterday, only to realise the trick to defeating it afterwards.

Plus, rather annoyingly, couldn't get its carcass back in time but when I went back the next day it had gone (whereas fruit etc was still there).

That's... odd to say the least, perhaps it only saves the position of fruit etc? I'm assuming that if this happens, you've got to fight the boss again maybe... but then that goes against the 'bosses take damage and keep that damage when you return the next day' so you would expect a dead boss to still be... dead when you return. ::shrug:

I hope things like this don't bring down the review score. ;)

You are otherwise enjoying it though, right?

I don't think it really matters too much, but just found it odd. Perhaps it was the location (without giving too much away, it was a rather impractical place to leave it). It did retain damage from the first day I attacked it.

Yeah its been a lot of fun :)

Just submitted a Flubit request for this against ShopTo this morning...interested to see if they can save me more than 10%. If not I might take the Game digital download code for the 30% discount on W101.

Totally wasn't gonna buy this game yet lol.

Just submitted a Flubit request for this against ShopTo this morning...interested to see if they can save me more than 10%. If not I might take the Game digital download code for the 30% discount on W101.

Totally wasn't gonna buy this game yet lol.

Could you explain to me how the Flubit thing works? I requested an offer and they are offering me the game for £23.85? I don't know how it works, how can they get the game so cheap? D:

Could you explain to me how the Flubit thing works? I requested an offer and they are offering me the game for £23.85? I don't know how it works, how can they get the game so cheap? D:

I'm not 100%, but essentially they're a deal broker. You find the price somewhere, submit it, they say they'll beat the price within 48 hours. I have only used them once so far, which was this week, for M&L: DT - I have yet to see it(sposed to arrive today but I think I left before the post).

How they work/manage it, I'm not entirely sure. I'd guess like other brokers they say to someone 'Look, this person is gonna buy this product somewhere for this much. What's your cost/margin? You're gonna be undercut by these guys anyway, so if you decide to beat this price but still keep at least some profit margin - it's something rather than nothing. There ain't no work for you, we'll sort out that bit. Maybe throw us 5-10% of that profit, yeah?'

It avoids a mass market competition and undercutting because the deals are time-limited and 'tailored'. The retailer CAN sell the product that cheap, but they never would on a general scale because of all the risks of it in the modern age re: deals sites, word of mouth etc. This gives them the option to make money, give a bargain, and avoid all the headaches.

My best guess at it anyway. No idea what happens when it goes wrong; but check over in General Gaming - I made a thread there and someone said they didn't have a great time.

Edited by Rummy

I started my Pikmin 1 run yesterday and have just finished it this morning.

photo1_zpscfa0525f.jpg

photo4_zps56e2b33a.jpg

photo2_zps0d506e19.jpg

photo3_zps82091e1e.jpg

photo5_zps0716b306.jpg

I loved using the pointer controls! This was the first time I had played the Wii port and it felt great. The only issue I had was when you need to direct them in a certain direction.

On the Gamecube you just did this with the C-Stick but on the Wii you have to press down on the d-pad and then point of screen here you want them to go. I found the Cube way for more accurate.

The last boss was doing my head in. You are supposed to make him eat a yellow Pikmin with a bomb and then chuck red ones at him once he's stunned. It was taking far too long so I just skipped using the bomb and unleashed reds all over him. Many died due to my impatience but it got the job done. :D

I've now jumped back on to try and finish the Pikmin game on Nintendoland. I have 3 extra stages left to do, so hopefully I will finish them today. After that i'm pretty much set for Pikmin 3. I was going to go through 2 as well but seeing as Earthbound made a surprise appearance I really want to spend some more time on that.

Just finished the game.

Nice ties to the previous games, in that you find and rescue Louie and then Olimer. And after the credits the Pikmin are sat around shooting the breeze when they see a falling star/probable spaceship come crashing down. Guess Nintendo are hoping to do another. Plus the epilogue regarding the captains does also hint they could end up going back.

I was disappointed. It just felt like you had to frantically attack. There may have been strategy somewhere, but with everything going on it did just become a case of throwing rock Pikmin everywhere.

Plus, it was this weird golden blob/humanoid-shape thing, which compared to the other nature-based bosses it felt like a let down. It's always been a game about nature, until this weird alien thing. Perhaps it has something to do with the end of Pikmin 2 as I can't remember the end of that.

The level itself started off interestingly as you find Olimer, and must carry him down through a giant tree, all the while being chased by the big blob thing as it slowly makes its way down. If it gets Olimer it retreats and you have to attack to get it back. Took me a few days as you are frantically trying to find a route while escaping, which meant you had to defeat enemies, break down walls etc. That I found enjoyable, but then you just battle the glob thing and it felt a bit anti-climactic compared to the chase, which at least felt original.

I killed 942 Pikmin in total. Poor guys :(

I'm hungry.

In terms of the game; it was good and enjoyable. Similar to the previous titles in feel, but also new elements thanks to the extra captains and Pikmin.

In fact, do you have access to the (site) staff board? If so my spoiler-free review is in there. If not, it will go live at 6pm tomorrow.

I'm a bit further behind - just reached the final area. Will probably try to round up any uncollected bits of fruit before exploring the new place, though. Just had some friends over - one of whom is a Wii U naysayer - and he admitted that he was very impressed with the graphics. Should've been around ten minutes earlier, as he'd have seen a very impressive boss fight.

I'm hungry.

In terms of the game; it was good and enjoyable. Similar to the previous titles in feel, but also new elements thanks to the extra captains and Pikmin.

In fact, do you have access to the (site) staff board? If so my spoiler-free review is in there. If not, it will go live at 6pm tomorrow.

Yeah I do, ok cool thanks.

Im seriously skint this month.

Im considering cutting the food budget so I can get this.

Im seriously skint this month.

Im considering cutting the food budget so I can get this.

Just as long as you don't cut out those protons, brah.

I'm excited by this. Question for those that have it: How many save file options are there? I figure that I'll play this during the day and Ine can play this after work, so that she won't get spoilers. Should be at least 2, right?

Just as long as you don't cut out those protons, brah.

I'm excited by this. Question for those that have it: How many save file options are there? I figure that I'll play this during the day and Ine can play this after work, so that she won't get spoilers. Should be at least 2, right?

I'd imagine so. I just played through the first again and that had 3 save files. I can't see why they would go backwards.

I have the Wii U Gamepad Stand set beside my TV as I'm considering getting this at some point and I, for some reason, thought that if you played with a Wii Remote and Nunchuk you could have the action on the TV, map on the Gamepad and be able to point at either the TV or the Gamepad to interact with the Pikmin or the map, respectively. Presumably this isn't the case and I'll need to have the Wii U Gamepad set beside me to touch the map..? ::shrug:

I have the Wii U Gamepad Stand set beside my TV as I'm considering getting this at some point and I, for some reason, thought that if you played with a Wii Remote and Nunchuk you could have the action on the TV, map on the Gamepad and be able to point at either the TV or the Gamepad to interact with the Pikmin or the map, respectively. Presumably this isn't the case and I'll need to have the Wii U Gamepad set beside me to touch the map..? ::shrug:

I doubt you could use the wii mote, but even if you could, if the its next to the tele then it would easily pick it up and you'll start clicking both things at the same time.