NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Grazza

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (Atlus RPG, Q2 2014, eShop-only)

I've only recently heard of this game, but apparently it's coming to Europe in Q2 2014. It's a retail title but will be eShop-only in this region.

There aren't too many RPGs on the 3DS, and this could potentially be one of the better ones. Anyone know more about it or the series in general? Is it up there with Etrian Odyssey?

I should warn you that these videos are suggested 17+. Having watched them, I've honestly not a clue why, but I thought I should say so (also, it's possibly the Vita version - what the differences will be, I don't know):

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/atlus_is_bringing_conception_ii_to_europe_as_a_download_only_title

Gonna have to wait for reviews first, the weird premise of the game has me feeling it's gonna be poorly made.

I'm just hoping this isn't another Code of Princess debacle where it is put up on the e-shop for an exorbitant price and is never lowered. I still want to play that game but just can't justify $50 AUD.

Yeah, Code of Princess wasn't worth £24.99, in my opinion. On the flipside, this could be if it's as good as Etrian Odyssey... but that's a big "if".

The latest episode of NWR talked about this game. I haven't really been following it but I kinda knew what it was about. After listening ( and laughing my head off ) to James' thoughts on his time with the game I have to say the whole thing seems....well...creepy.

Atlus have been spewing out newsletters about this for ages, teasing the approaching demo date. Only when that date arrived did it become obvious that the demo date was for the US only, although they never said that.

I'd much rather get SMT IV over here!

I watched a vid Atlus released of the demo and it looks like Persona 4. I guess I'll be getting it after all.

From what I've read the 3DS version of the game is identical to the Vita version.

I watched a vid Atlus released of the demo and it looks like Persona 4. I guess I'll be getting it after all.

Oh yeah, I don't think Atlus make bad games! :) Looking forward to watching the video.

From what I've read the 3DS version of the game is identical to the Vita version.

Hmm, sounds very much like the 3DS was the lead format then, although I assume the Vita version is at least higher-res. To be honest, I've always wanted enough reasons to get a Vita, but as this is an unknown quantity (for me), I'll probably just get it on 3DS.

I've heard very differently. Though this is based on the demo, so there may be differences in the content.

So, watching the video, it does seem good - a turn-based RPG, but with 3D positioning. It's not real-time combat (thankfully, in my opinion), but it has an effect whether you attack from the front, back, left or right.

I also see it involves traversing 3D dungeons, so I'm beginning to want it on Vita for the dual analogue. Hmm, we'll see... Don't really think I can buy a Vita just for this (although I'd like to).

Looks interesting... always enjoyed a good dungeon crawler (especially roguelike - Dungeon of Dredmor is fantastic!), and really liked dating elements in Fire Emblem or some visual novel games. Not sure if I will have time to play it though - I really hope I will!

Also, a demo would be sweet.

The Atlus newsletter/twitter says the EU will get the demo and game next month, hopefully.

Is it confirmed eShop only? I swear I read somewhere it is going to be boxed for EU as well...

We're getting the demo this, I'll give it a go but I'm not sure on this one.

Has anyone else bought this whilst it's £17.99?

I've given it a quick go and it seems like a decent RPG, with some good music. Some of the humour is a bit naff, and you certainly need a reasonable tolerance for anime/lots of story, but I've not seen anything too off-putting so far. The dating sim aspects do offer you a chance to somewhat put your personality into it, although I suspect the best decision is always to choose the most confident, reassuring and decisive option - still, always a lesson for real life!

The battle system seems very interesting, and would perhaps be too complicated if this was a real-time game. Thankfully though, it's turn-based, so I have a chance.

At the moment I'm thinking: seems like a solid RPG, if the dating sim elements and story don't bog it down.

Giving this thread a friendly bump as Conception II is down on sale to €14.99 / £13.49 on the eShop. Cubed3 and NintendoLife scored it as 80% in their reviews. Anyone else here tried it since release? Have you any update to give us on your views, @Grazza?

Unfortunately I found it a very mediocre RPG in the end (if that) and find it extremely hard to recommend.

I gave the demo a whirl - I've had it downloaded for quite a while though never tried it. There is a lot to absorb. Did my character have a child with one of the others? I could have been skipping through the text too quickly but the creation of a little chibi gunslinger seemed, erm, a tad weird. :blank: The battle system appears to have a lot of depth - I was kind of overwhelmed so I might give the demo another go, cos I'm curious to get to grips with it. The demo dungeon was nothing special (something about it reminded me of Baroque on the Wii) but I was still very impressed with the graphics. Although as a disclaimer, I think I'm getting more and more easy to impress by graphics. When I played a bit of Monster Hunter 3 on the 3DS the other year, I found it incredible to be playing a Wii game on a handheld.

Sign in to follow this