NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Dragon Quest Heroes (PS3/PS4)

Hahaha! I wonder what could have brought this on? ;)

While I find the DQ universe infinitely more interesting than the Zelda one, I despise the Dynasty Warriors gameplay.

Come on, Square Enix. Give me a proper DQ RPG.

It would be hilarious if, after not localizing the last five Dragon Quest games, they decide to bring this over.

This was just announced at the Sony presser. It looks to be a Dynasty Warriors game but set in the DQ world.

@Ike & @Grazza You guys interested?

Sigh. Looks like I'm getting a PS4 now.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this will help PS4 sales in Japan. Apparently they love Dragon Quest and Dynasty Warriors.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this will help PS4 sales in Japan. Apparently they love Dragon Quest and Dynasty Warriors.

The Zelda one didn't do much for the Wii U. It also doesn't help that this will be on PS3 as well.

The Zelda one didn't do much for the Wii U. It also doesn't help that this will be on PS3 as well.

Oh, didn't realize this was on PS3 as well.

Ok, no sales for PS4 then :p

Oh, didn't realize this was on PS3 as well.

Ok, no sales for PS4 then :p

Yeah, thats my bad. I didn't realise it was either otherwise I would have put it in the title.

To any of the mods, can you please add PS3 to the topic title. Cheers. : peace:

@Ike & @Grazza You guys interested?

Hmm, not really, I (sees Maya at 1:14) ...YES!!!

Also, best thing about this is Dragon Quest back on Sony consoles. DQ XI for PS4!

Hmm, not really, I (sees Maya at 1:14) ...YES!!!

Also, best thing about this is Dragon Quest back on Sony consoles. DQ XI for PS4!

Yeah, so exciting! They've already said it's being made for home consoles... I guess it could go to Wii U, but that'd be pretty silly considering the situation. I'll be so annoyed if it doesn't come to PS4!

Edited by Sheikah

Yeah, so exciting! They've already said it's being made for home consoles... I guess it could go to Wii U, but that'd be pretty silly considering the situation. I'll be so annoyed if it doesn't come to PS4!

Depends, the PS4 isn't doing too amazing in Japan either, right (I genuinely don't know,so I'm probably wrong).

Just watched the trailer, looks real nice.

Well, the number 2 and number 4 selling games for the week in Japan are PS4 games. So it can still chart. I think it's a problem with all home consoles there are the moment - but I do believe that once the games people really want hit (e.g. Final Fantasy) then the sales will pick up.

Looking good. You importing it, @Ike? Could be tempted to import it myself. I can't see the language barrier being much of an issue.

Here's a few details from V Jump.

Monster Allies:

- Monsters have a chance of dropping a coin when defeated

- These coins allow you to summon that monster as a member of your party, but only in the area the monster was defeated

- You have a number of allocated coin slows for monsters shown in the bottom left hand corner and can have multiple monsters out at once. However, stronger monsters will require more slots

New Areas

- Ravatol: A desert town surrounded by sand with a colliseum in the middle

- Shila: A lush forest with elves residing in it

- Cotolda: A castle surrounded by windmills. Apparently magic experiments are being conducted there

Camps

- Before you fight you reside in your camp

- You can prepare equipment and talk to your allies in your camp area

Looking good. You importing it, @Ike? Could be tempted to import it myself. I can't see the language barrier being much of an issue.

Here's a few details from V Jump.

It's already preordered. ;) It's a Musou style game supposedly so language shouldn't be an issue.

It's in my download list! Forgot to turn my PS4 on standby so it could download while I'm at work. :(

Great announce it the day after I get the Japanese version. Great news though.

Some videos (spoilers, I suppose):

Screenshots:

%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B4%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A8%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%92%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA%E3%80%80%E9%97%87%E7%AB%9C%E3%81%A8%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C%E6%A8%B9%E3%81%AE%E5%9F%8E_20150224204629.jpg

%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B4%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A8%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%92%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA%E3%80%80%E9%97%87%E7%AB%9C%E3%81%A8%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C%E6%A8%B9%E3%81%AE%E5%9F%8E_20150224210256.jpg

%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B4%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A8%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%92%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA%E3%80%80%E9%97%87%E7%AB%9C%E3%81%A8%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C%E6%A8%B9%E3%81%AE%E5%9F%8E_20150224210717.jpg

%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B4%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A8%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%92%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA%E3%80%80%E9%97%87%E7%AB%9C%E3%81%A8%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C%E6%A8%B9%E3%81%AE%E5%9F%8E_20150224213636.jpg

Edit: Good news just got better, Yangus is back!

[tweet]570601648076271616[/tweet]

Edited by Ike

Physical copies arrived today. My first physical PS4 game.

IMG_20150304_183718.jpg

Also bought a 2nd copy of DWVII which also turned up today.

I got this yesterday ( cancelled my Shopto order who were charging £42.99 and ordered from Simply Games for £29.99 ) and have had an amazing time on it. Think i've ploughed around 14 hours into it so far.

The presentation in the game is gorgeous. Everything has that vibrant, cartoony look to it that the DQ series is famous for. The music is also top notch, with many classic tunes making their return. The voice over work is hilariously funny. Finally being able to hear all the characters talk in their accents is fantastic! The main guy reminds me of Gordon Ramsey for some reason, minus the swearing, of course. :D

There is a MASSIVE amount of stuff to do in the game. On first glance the game may seem like a Dynasty Warriors type of game but it shares more in common with things like tower defence games, Pokemon and action RPGs.

During the battle, you usually have to defend something. The enemies will come at you at all sides and, at first, you will wonder how in the hell you are supposed to cover all the paths. This is where the Pokemon type of thing comes into play.

When you defeat an enemy there is a chance that they will turn into a coin. When you pick up the coin you can then use this enemy in battle. Some only do a large attack and then sod off, while others are sentries and will hold the ground that you use them on. This being the case, you can place monsters at choke points, while you run off in another direction and take care of the enemies trying to flank you.

At the start of the game you can only hold on to a few monsters but by doing sidequests you can increase the slots you have so that you can carry more around with you at one one time.

When it comes to attacking with you main character, this is where it plays a bit play the DW games. You can hack and slash your way through the enemies or even unleash magic attacks. Which magic attacks you have available depends on how you spend your skill points but more on that later.

Each character has a special attack. There is a meter that fills up as you attack enemies. If time allows, you can actually hold down a button and charge it manually. It takes longer and your character is vunerable to attack, as he stands there charhing up DBZ style. Once fully charged you can unleash your energy and go on a rampage. During this limited time your character is invincible and you have an endless amount of magic at your disposal. After the time is up, your character then unleashes his or hers final move, which can wipe out a crazy amount of enemies at one time.

On the battlefield you have 4 characters to switch between. This makes it much more fun and varied than, say, Hyrule Warriors, where you were stuck to using one character at a time. You can use this to your advantage by using all the magic in one character, building the special meter, using said special and then switch to another character and repeat.

While there are plenty on story mission to do, there are also maps to find which unlock other missions. Also, once you finish a story mission you can then go back to that area and fight the monsters for exp and materials. There's no obejective to do, you just kill the stuff and the cast Evac to go back to base.

When gaining exp you have the ability to put skill points into various stat upgrades and moves for each of your characters. You can also reset these stats ( for a price, of course ) in case your character build isn't what you ae after.

The Alchemy Pot is back from the previous DQ games. When the monsters you defeat drop an item, you take these back to the alchemy fella and he can whip up some good accessories for you and your team.

There's also a guy who collects mini medals. He will sell you various rare weapons, recipes and ingredients, in exchange for the mini medals. These can be found in treasure chests around the maps and also be dropped by enemies.

Speaking of mini medals, there is a woman at your base you dishes them out for various things. Each of the PSN trophies is connected to an accolade in the game. By unlocking th etrophies, you unlock an accolade, which will give you a mini medal. She also tracks have many of each monster you have killed and for every 100 she will give you a mini medal, with the maximum being 5.

Next to her is another lady who dishes out sidequests. These range from collecting a certain amount of items from enemies or killing a set amount of enemies. You can take on around 8 quests at a time and these can be done as you are simply progressing through the story.

The game is an absolute piece of work. It's so much better than what Hyrule Warriors was. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that game but this just seems to take everything that was in that game and make it better.

@S\.C\.G I highly recommend picking it up.

@Ike how did you enjoy the game?