NEurope
Hogge

Twilight Princess HD (4th March)

I'd like to believe it's from Twilight Princess HD but could just be the Skyward Sword model in a new pose they rendered for that graphic. Then again why bother rendering a new one... hmmmm....

It's a recoloured TP artwork. Skyward Sword Link is a different design.

"Holiday Season" = November/December. Probably a few eShop-only games like Twilight Princess HD.

Still a bit mad they'd leave it so late. Hope it's true though!

Hmm, it's not quite what I expected, but hopefully will look good at 1080p. I can't really understand how they couldn't get it to look as good as the image @khilafah posted in the Nintendo Direct thread (although that was 1920x1080).

...I can't see the HD, bro... <.< >.>

That's because the video was downsized so it will fit in the video, so it isn't HD.

I'm honestly shocked that Nintendo would let an outside developer handle a port like this, an Australian developer at that! It's really unlike them!

Thankfully they've done good work before and it looks solid here too. Looks like they've left the models untouched but they've upped the texture resolution.

Hope that it makes good use of the Gamepad! (An option for Wii Remote and Nunchuck controls would be nice too!)

Could Tantalus become an affiliated Nintendo exclusive studio like Monster Games and Next Level Games? Could see it happening... Especially if they've been handed the keys to Zelda of all series!

Would also give Nintendo Australia an actual development presence too!

Edited by Dcubed

Surprised Grezzo aren't doing the port.

Hmm, it's not quite what I expected, but hopefully will look good at 1080p. I can't really understand how they couldn't get it to look as good as the image @khilafah posted in the Nintendo Direct thread (although that was 1920x1080).

You mean the Wii U tech demo? There was no way it would look like that, unfortunately.

I don't think that comparisons is quite right. The Wii version seems poorly captured.

I don't think that comparisons is quite right. The Wii version seems poorly captured.

Na, the Wii game actually looked like that

It's Twilight Princess in HD, the images done by others are texture packs that have been fully reworked. I think what people were hoping for was a remake, not just an HD port.

It's Twilight Princess in HD, the images done by others are texture packs that have been fully reworked. I think what people were hoping for was a remake, not just an HD port.

It's a remaster. I understand the disappointment as it seems only textures have had work, but it still looks nice

I wanted the same level of effort as Ocarina of Time 3D, that had reworked models and looked loads better. This just looks shit.

I wanted the same level of effort as Ocarina of Time 3D, that had reworked models and looked loads better. This just looks shit.

"Shit" is a bit of a strong word. It doesn't look bad.

"Shit" is a bit of a strong word. It doesn't look bad.

Well I think it does. I actually think the original version looks better. Upping the resolution of the textures just emphasis how bad the models are by today's standards.

If this is a budget (£20) release then fair enough but if they're gonna charge full whack for it then they definitely should've done more to the visuals.

It's Twilight Princess in HD... :blank:

I wasn't expecting much more than that, it clearly looks a lot better than the original release so I'm happy. : peace:

But yes... if it doesn't actually add much more content then no more than £29.99 on its own or £39.99 with that lovely amiibo figure. :D

I havent watched any of the stuff on this yet, did they say what controls could be used with it?

The on-screen prompts looked like Wii buttons to me but I wouldn't be surprised if you could use the pro controller or the gamepad and if so then I hope the prompts will change.

What would be even better is if Nintendo actually made proper use of the GC controller adapter so that we could use a GC pad with it as originally intended, that would be something.

I havent watched any of the stuff on this yet, did they say what controls could be used with it?

No but in the footage Link was left handed which could suggest that it's the GameCube version they are using.

If they do allow for regular controls then I expect I'll probably get the game. I do already have the Wii version but I still just cant stand motion controls.

It's Twilight Princess in HD... :blank:

I wasn't expecting much more than that, it clearly looks a lot better than the original release so I'm happy. : peace:

But yes... if it doesn't actually add much more content then no more than £29.99 on its own or £39.99 with that lovely amiibo figure. :D

Well there's clearly things about it that they haven't mentioned yet, as said in the Nintendo Direct. The Amiibo are obviously used for something (as to what it could be, I have no idea!) and I'm sure that it's going to make good use of the Gamepad in a similar fashion as Wind Waker HD (Tantalus made fantastic use of it in Deus Ex HR Director's Cut - to the point where it felt like the game was always meant for Wii U from the beginning, so I have high hopes for expert Gamepad integration here :) )

Well there's clearly things about it that they haven't mentioned yet, as said in the Nintendo Direct. The Amiibo are obviously used for something (as to what it could be, I have no idea!) and I'm sure that it's going to make good use of the Gamepad in a similar fashion as Wind Waker HD (Tantalus made fantastic use of it in Deus Ex HR Director's Cut - to the point where it felt like the game was always meant for Wii U from the beginning, so I have high hopes for expert Gamepad integration here :) )

I've got decent expectations for it as well, personally I think it looks a lot better than the original and if they can make the Gamepad work seamlessly with it then I'll be very pleased. :)

The HUD clearly used the gamepad/Pro controller layout.

You're quite right! I think when I saw the colour of the buttons, it looked at first glance like Wii controls to me, I'm very glad to stand corrected though. :D

Edited by S.C.G

I think it's pretty natural to be disappointed with this (regardless of how clean I hope it'll look on my TV screen). The remake of Wind Waker was called Wind Waker HD, despite being a full remaster. Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D also had the same amount of effort put into them. This is the first time Nintendo have made an HD port with such a minimal change, so I think the surprise is genuine and understandable.

As I say though, having a crisp, clean HD version of TP is good news to me.

You mean the Wii U tech demo? There was no way it would look like that, unfortunately.

Yeah, it's just that a lot of people described the Wii U tech demo as "just the Twilight Princess style in HD", so I suppose I got caught up in that.

Man. That dubstep drop absolutely slayed me! :laughing:

Anyhow I'm totes with @Eddage on this - I'd expect a bit more work akin to OoT or MM 3D - this really just doesn't look like all that much effort has been put into it, and certainly not enough to justify me picking this up unless it's a damn good price - the game is 9 years old and tbh it looks somewhat like it too.