NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

And right!

Companion app to tablet, Chromecast to second TV.

Sometimes getting drunk in Essex leads to the best ideas.

I'm feeling quite lonely over on my PS4 so feel free to add me! somme_uk :D

Added, look for Jimbob-NE

@dazzybee that Tesco offer is now on until the end of the footy match. If you want a cheaper PS4 then now is the time.

Decided to wait, they've been sub £300 so going to wait for sub £300 with infamous... Am I dreaming that's going to happen?

What are you getting one for? Not much has changed since launch.

So I finished the main story quests in Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn (PS4) the other day.

And wow. I really like this game.

There are a lot of dungeons in this game where earlier on you team up with 4 others, a bit like Phantasy Star Online meets Xenoblade Chronicles. Generally they're just a lot of fun; bosses often have a quirk to defeat them or to survive while fighting, and there's loot in treasure chests that you have to try and win. Game looks and runs super nice too. Now I'm L50 which is currently the max 'player' level (I say player level because you technically keep levelling up your stuff afterwards) but there still feels a lot more to do.

I've also been listening to the soundtrack over the past couple of days while I worked away, it's ace. Composed by Nobuo, there is so much greatness in it. If any of you are curious, you can still pick this game up for about £3.50 which includes the first month.

I tried to enjoy it but... I never managed to find a party (not even once) and 15+ levels in and I'd only done fetch quests in the overworld. I might give it another go... one day.

I tried to enjoy it but... I never managed to find a party (not even once) and 15+ levels in and I'd only done fetch quests in the overworld. I might give it another go... one day.

I see you're level 14, but that's a shame since the first dungeon is at L16. Parties only really exist for dungeons BTW, as all the overworld stuff is perfectly soloable. The dungeons really shine, though, and you get into a party quickly doing them.

If I still have some free trial time, I'll give it another go to 16 :)

I know @dazzybee was looking for a deal. I just picked up watch dogs preowned for £23 and Grainger Games are selling infamous preowned for £20, so there's potential to get the console and some games for under 350 there.

Yeah saw that on hot deals today, it's in my tabs, taunting me :) How long do these things last? Don't want to miss it and regret it, but just need to think...

Yeah saw that on hot deals today, it's in my tabs, taunting me :) How long do these things last? Don't want to miss it and regret it, but just need to think...

Not very long unfortunately, if you want it I wouldn't dally. :p

I can also fix you up with a Destiny beta code if you like.

Yeah, they usually sell out pretty quick. Not a bad time to dive in to be honest, like @Sheikah said, we're finally getting some good prices on PS4 games now. I've picked up AC 4 for £18 pre owned and Wolfenstein for £25 brand new in the last few weeks. Also, loads of games will start hitting come Sept/Oct time.

There are almost too many I want from August onwards. I'm gonna run out of money!

September onwards is really when things kick off. Destiny, Evolve, Alien, Drive Club, Assassin's Creed Unity, Battlefield Hardline, Far Cry 4. That's from September. Looking at that price and knowing what's to come, I'd go for it now in time for Destiny. In the mean time, you can play InFamous, Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, the PSN titles.

I got mine for that price, too. Realistically, the only way you'll be able to get it cheaper than that is if you buy pre-owned or if there's some sort of bundle that gets released at a low price, something like that InFamous deal that Shorty got. Even then, you'll save a few quid, but it won't be anything massive like the price difference between the one you're seeing today and the one that you'll find on Amazon, GAME, etc.

If you're going to get one eventually, why wait? That's the mindset I had when I got mine. The price was just right, imo.

Not very long unfortunately, if you want it I wouldn't dally. :p

I can also fix you up with a Destiny beta code if you like.

I bought it :)

I'm in. I've joined the dark side.

That Wii u. What a load of shit eh!? :)

So what's this destiny code all about? Is it wrong I'm most excited about playing resogun?

Something, something, complete.

So a bunch of us will be getting PSN codes to join the beta some time today, but the beta is on for a few weeks. As soon as you get your PS4, ask one of us for a code if you want to give it a shot.

Something, something, complete.

So a bunch of us will be getting PSN codes to join the beta some time today, but the beta is on for a few weeks. As soon as you get your PS4, ask one of us for a code if you want to give it a shot.

But if you guys are using your codes how will you have spare ones?