NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

Herro guys

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good ol' fashioned film for me? Sorta looking for an indie-ish / avant-guarde film , preferably uplifting and based on something simple like friendship. That's specific. Hrm, well I have 2 packets of cookies, a carton of milk and a pizza waiting for me so I'm easy for anything

Toy Story? :heh:

I also watched Drive last night. Was good, although surprised Christina Hendricks got such high billing considering she was barely in it and did very little.

At times I wanted to slap Goslin's character and say "speak more!"

@ipaul arent Zepp notoriously difficult when it comes to lending their tracks to movies? I heard that for School of Rock, Jack Black sent a tape of him freestyling the intro to Immigrant Song, pleading them to let him use it in the movie (the first minute makes it I think?).

@ipaul arent Zepp notoriously difficult when it comes to lending their tracks to movies? I heard that for School of Rock' date=' Jack Black sent a tape of him freestyling the intro to Immigrant Song, pleading them to let him use it in the movie (the first minute makes it I think?).[/quote']

Quite possibly, wasn't a complain or anything just an observation. That story does ring a bell actually.

Looks interesting but the piles of people crawling and falling over each other like water looks silly

EDIT:

Oh wait only just realised (on 2nd viewing) the "piles of people" were Zombies (you'd think I would have copped that from teh Z in the title?) Ok makes a little more sense now. I thought it was just a bunch of people running in panic/trying to get to safety(climbing the wall).

I thought from the title (i never heard of the book :heh:) it was just a normal War film and the bit with the bus was the invading ememy killing civilians who were trying to escape

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHM

Look like the movie

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHM

is going to be nothing like the

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHM

Book, which is a crying shame.

Those CGI zombies look terrible.

Looks like the demo for a bad physics engine or something. Like Mokong said, they look like water flowing...

Everyone go see Argo.

Its phenomm.

I'm always dubious when a film is released in the cinema before I've even heard of it.

I'm always dubious when a film is released in the cinema before I've even heard of it.

You're obviously not checking the right outlets :heh: Got a lot of buzz during LFF.

Watched Back to the Future pat 1 on BluRay yesterday.

Still love this film SO MUCH. First time I watched it on BD too, lovely HD conversion very clear. Only grip I'd have is the "old people" make up on Doc, Marty's parents and Biff looks more plastic-y than I remember on the DVD (I gave away the DVD set when I got the BD so I can't compare now :heh:)

Watching some of teh bonus features now. Can't remember if it the same stuff that was on the DVD, maybe it a mix of old and new stuff. Seeing M.J Fox as he is now I always find hard/sad....same as whenever I see Muhamed Ali.

Funniest thing I've learned that I don't think was mentioned in teh bonus stuff on teh DVD was one of the studio executives didn't like the title "Back to the Future" and had suggested changing the title to "Spaceman from Pluto" ..... WTF was he smoking, haha

Also didn't know they had a hard time getting a studio to pick up the film originally.

Even pitched the film to Disney who turned it down because of the scene with Marty and his mom in the car

EDIT:

Also I must say Lea Thompson still looks amazing.

Don't think I've seen her in anything recently?

Thank the gods her "old person" makeup didn't turn out as accurate as Thomas Wilson's did.

I kind of struggle to take Tom Cruise seriously tbh in most films now, but it looks alright. Maybe a bit unoriginal though, but who knows, it's the first trailer.

I just watched Finding Nemo on Blu-Ray. Still an amazing film. The picture quality is astounding - I not quite sure why a CGI film from 2003 has so much detail that could only be seen in a HD format. From the different looks of the ocean and fish tank, the scales on the fish, the dust, microbes and sand all moving about in the sea. The colours, contract and everything else is brilliant, too.

Looks good. I will watch it. Had a bit of an Avatar-y vibe to it. Hopefully the animals will just be animals and won't start talking etc halfway through.

Christmas time means Christmas films....

So far I've watched Elf, Fred Clause, Gremlins & Nightmare Before Christmas.

next up are Die Hard & Jingle all the way...

Oh I also watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation... and had a bit of "Woah really" moment.... the kid from that film is Lenard from Big bang theory.

tumblr_mehkfatQ3O1qabunuo1_500.jpg

The only christmas 'movie' I watched as a kid was The Snowman. I've never even seen The Great Escape!