NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

It may have been against an awful Villa team, but we could have scored more than the 5 we did. Ozil MotM, another clean sheet for Ospina and Hector Bellerin's first goal, perfect warm up for the Spuds next week.

It's the big one Saturday. Working the night before, so I'll be heading down Shit Hart Lane on 3 hours sleep, dodging beer cans and fists.

Spurs have been let off, as we can't unleash the Alexis on them Saturday. You'll have to settle for Cazorla, Ozil, Walcott and Welbeck.

Coutinho is turning into a wonderful wee player :hehe: I'm so glad he signed a new contract with us as I can see him being one of our most important players over the next couple of years, along with an emerging Emre Can :smile:

We definitely need to get Sterling tied down, too, as I imagine we'll look much less dangerous without him in the side. The return of Sturridge is awesome and he's already shown more in two brief appearances than the rest of the strikers have throughout the rest of the season. I'd almost forgot how good he was :heh:

I think Sterling is a bit pony tbh. The few times I've watched Liverpool he's looked selfish with the ball and wasteful in front of goal.

I think Sterling is a bit pony tbh. The few times I've watched Liverpool he's looked selfish with the ball and wasteful in front of goal.

Yup. He has skill but still has a long way to go and a lot to learn.

He'll almost certainly improve, though, which is something that can be said of several of Liverpool's younger players. If Brendan can help bring this talent forward and inject a few key players in the right areas, the basis is definitely there for a team that could sustain a challenge for a good few years :smile:

It's all about getting the right players, though, and throwing away £16 million on someone we all knew didn't fit the 'philosophy' doesn't help..

Hoping Santi continues his run of form against Spurs, just swapped out Sanchez for him in my fantasy team (and then used the spare cash to upgrade Boyd to Sterling)

So Newcastle's season more or less finished in January again. Annoyed by the manager situation, especially annoyed at losing Santon, bringing no defensive cover in (we still have the same CBs we did in 2009 when we relegated now) and then being told we had a good transfer window because we didn't lose Sissoko.

I hope we can get a decent manager in the summer. If we get De Boer I'll be over the moon but I'm not holding out much hope. Although maybe Carver will prove himself, who knows. Need a win at the weekend.

Also - Merseyside Derby and NLDerby in one weekend? Should be a good one!

Also - Merseyside Derby and NLDerby in one weekend? Should be a good one! [/color]

I'm sort of wondering if Gerrard playing v Bolton last night will mean he doesn't play against Everton this weekend..? ::shrug:

I very much doubt if Rodgers will do that, as I'm sure Gerrard will be fired up for his last Merseyside Derby, but I feel we've played better without him recently :hmm:

I'm sort of wondering if Gerrard playing v Bolton last night will mean he doesn't play against Everton this weekend..? ::shrug:

I very much doubt if Rodgers will do that, as I'm sure Gerrard will be fired up for his last Merseyside Derby, but I feel we've played better without him recently :hmm:

Perhaps - but doesn't Gerrard always do well in the derby?Be harsh to deny him. On a slightly related note, I've remembered when I was at the Newcastle-Chelsea match - all the Chelsea fans were still singing the 'Gerrard slipped on his arse' song. Fucking morons.

Also Man U fans - what's the situation with Rooney right now? Playing well? Should he be dropped?

Perhaps - but doesn't Gerrard always do well in the derby?Be harsh to deny him..

Maybe.. though he did drop him for the game against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu :heh:

It frustrates me a little to think that Liverpool could probably have succesfully got through the group phase of the Champions League they been playing now, instead of a few months ago :hmm:

As for the Europa League, I see no reason why we shouldn't try our best to win it, especially if it offers a Champions League place for next season!

Spurs have been let off, as we can't unleash the Alexis on them Saturday. You'll have to settle for Cazorla, Ozil, Walcott and Welbeck.

We'll take that lot thanks - Carzola is good, Ozil over rated, Welcott - whatever, Welbeck - AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA!!

We'll stick with Eriksen and Kane Braces and Lloris still getting man of the match to be honest...

Going to be a great game. First time in a while I'd say Spurts were favourites!!

It's the big one Saturday. Working the night before, so I'll be heading down Shit Hart Lane on 3 hours sleep, dodging beer cans and fists.

Spurs aren't like that and you know it!!

Come to the pub I go to, I'll buy you a beer!!

First time in a while I'd say Spurts were favourites!!

Allow me to reply with a quote from yourself.

AHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA!!
Edited by Emerald Emblem

I aim to please :)

I know you're all gooners, but do you actually feel really confident then?

Spurs aren't like that and you know it!!

Come to the pub I go to, I'll buy you a beer!!

No thanks mate, I know what your lot are like I've seen it with my own eyes. Walking down seven sisters as an Arsenal fan is risky business.

...We definitely need to get Sterling tied down, too, as I imagine we'll look much less dangerous without him in the side...

Yup. He has skill but still has a long way to go and a lot to learn.

He has talent and a lot of latent talent too, if he lives up to his potential he'll be a fantastic player. He needs the correct management and nurturing as well as the correct attitude, which it appears he does have.

He's like an unpolished diamond.

I'm never normally one to be positive about Spurs but they've just got the equaliser they richly deserve against Arsenal, who have been AWFUL, much like they were at Anfield when thay managed to sneak away with a point.. and almost all 3 :nono:

I'd be delighted with a draw today, providing Liverpool take advantage this evening, but the lunchtime game in progress is making me reconsider my predictions for the top 6 this season :eek:

I was driving home from work this morning thinking along the lines of..

1 Chelsea

2 Manchester City

3 Arsenal

4 Manchester United

5 Liverpool

6 Tottenham Hotspur

I obviously wouldn't be happy with that, as a Liverpool fan, but I feel our form in the first half of the season will ultimately cost us.. though I actually feel like we may still get as high as 3rd :heh: It's tough to predict :indeed:

I'm definitely not impressed with Arsenal, though, and would have predicted 3rd based on their knack for clicking into gear towards the end of the season, just in time to get into the Champions League..

Well that was a disappointing game, we offered very little going forward and seemed content to let Spurs play their game and dominate most of the 90. I hold my hands up, Spurs played their game perfectly with great intensity and passion and well worth the win. The final 2 champions league places are wide open, but we need to take advantage of our end of season run in, most of our difficult games have come and gone so we need to re-evaluate after this game and hopefully come back stronger.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

What a performance, absolutely deserved. I really didn't believe it, but kane really is incredible. He looked so bad as a kid that when he started firing this season I just thought it was a purple patch,but he's unbelievable. And only 21!

Arsenal were really really poor though. So defensive, did nothing with the ball, created nothing, I'd be worried if I was a gooner.

I guess noones laughing now about my Spurs favourites comment!

Great to Win as we usually struggle against the weaker teams!

I can't really pretend to be anything other than disappointed with the Merseyside Derby. I didn't see it, unfortunately, but we didn't sound particularly impressive on the radio :hmm:

A point from it will be OK if we can win the significantly more important match on Tuesday night! Spurs are favourites :wink:

It was a dire game to be honest. Bad atmosphere too which was surprising. Not a patch onthe proper Derby I watched early :)

I nervous about Tuesday, id be happy with a draw actually.

How many goals?

article-0-1A6B63B900000578-76_634x387.jpg

6gv85j.jpg

Gotta be coming round to The Poch now Dazzy? Bentaleb, Mason, Rose, The Hurrikane and that's just the homegrown youngsters... what a future!

Serious question how many fouls is Mason allowed to get away with in one game? Some shocking reffing, not that I blame the ref for the result because we played poor. But he let so much shit go I thought he had diarrhoea.