NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

Well, I started playing this again a few days ago, after quite a long break from it.

I'd left it at the point just before entering Prison Island.

Managed to pass all of that no problem, but I've just hit a brick wall in the form of:

Mumkhar on Valak mountain.

:eek:

He's at Lv. 48 and I'm only Lv. 43, so I got destroyed in a matter of seconds! :o

Had a couple more attempts, but no... he's clearly way too powerful to beat at my current level.

Pretty sure I've got no choice but to grind and level up a bit more. ::shrug:

BTW, can anyone that's completed this game tell me (based on where I'm up to at the moment) roughly how far away I am from the end? Without spoiling anything though. :)

I'm eager to get The Last Story (especially since learning of the online aspect), but I definitely want to finish Xenoblade beforehand.

Cheers.

: peace:

Well, I started playing this again a few days ago, after quite a long break from it.

I'd left it at the point just before entering Prison Island.

Managed to pass all of that no problem, but I've just hit a brick wall in the form of:

Mumkhar on Valak mountain.

:eek:

He's at Lv. 48 and I'm only Lv. 43, so I got destroyed in a matter of seconds! :o

Had a couple more attempts, but no... he's clearly way too powerful to beat at my current level.

Pretty sure I've got no choice but to grind and level up a bit more. ::shrug:

BTW, can anyone that's completed this game tell me (based on where I'm up to at the moment) roughly how far away I am from the end? Without spoiling anything though. :)

I'm eager to get The Last Story (especially since learning of the online aspect), but I definitely want to finish Xenoblade beforehand.

Cheers.

: peace:

Ohhhh that guy was SO irritating!!!

Grind... it's all you need. You'd be surprised how much of a difference few levels make.

You have way more left of the game than you think. :heh:

Way more.

Like, five-six more areas, I think? Though they're all smaller than the previous areas and a lot less sidequest-heavy.

And then there's the last batch of sidequests, that all require you to be level 90+, but maybe you're planning on skipping those.

My advice??? Take the time to level up... I'm stuck on the last boss at lvl 80 and it is impossible... Man I has fucking hated the last part of this game... -_-

Level 80 should be enough to beat the final boss.

It's apparently level 82 in its final form.

Unfortunately, I was level 97 or 98 when I beat the game, so I don't have any advice. :heh:

Level 80 should be enough to beat the final boss.

It's apparently level 82 in its final form.

Unfortunately, I was level 97 or 98 when I beat the game, so I don't have any advice. :heh:

Haha you DO have advice! Get to level 97 ;)

My advice??? Take the time to level up... I'm stuck on the last boss at lvl 80 and it is impossible... Man I has fucking hated the last part of this game... -_-

It is difficult but I managed at lvl 80 eventually after experimenting with different team members and Skill Linking (bolded that because it really does help against the last boss to get some buffs that give you an edge out of the block). Also make sure to gem up your gear properly.

I used Shulk with Sharla for heals and Fiora as a mix of tank/dps/elemental. A good tip is to just plug away at him (I mained Shulk and ran behind the boss and let Fiora take tanking duties) as much as you can to build up your chain meter but it's not really worth hitting a chain (at least I found it wasn't) so just hold it for reviving party members when they go down. When he spawns the two adds, take them out as quickly as possible with Shulk's Monado Cyclone attack (the one that's elemental) and make sure that you get everyone else to target them as well before resuming on the main.

Not sure how much that'll help but it definitely helped me get the boss down once I got used to how the boss worked.

It is difficult but I managed at lvl 80 eventually after experimenting with different team members and Skill Linking (bolded that because it really does help against the last boss to get some buffs that give you an edge out of the block). Also make sure to gem up your gear properly.

I used Shulk with Sharla for heals and Fiora as a mix of tank/dps/elemental. A good tip is to just plug away at him (I mained Shulk and ran behind the boss and let Fiora take tanking duties) as much as you can to build up your chain meter but it's not really worth hitting a chain (at least I found it wasn't) so just hold it for reviving party members when they go down. When he spawns the two adds, take them out as quickly as possible with Shulk's Monado Cyclone attack (the one that's elemental) and make sure that you get everyone else to target them as well before resuming on the main.

Not sure how much that'll help but it definitely helped me get the boss down once I got used to how the boss worked.

I'm gonna sound quite dumb here but HOW do you tell a party member to concentrate on an enemy?

They tend to just do what they like..

To be honest I loaded an earlier save and I'm grinding... Boring as hell but I tried the boss over 20 times yesterday.. I'm obviously missing something here lik

I'm gonna sound quite dumb here but HOW do you tell a party member to concentrate on an enemy?

Ever tried looking into the manual? :heh:

If I recall correctly, the commands for ceasing to attack, concentrating on the player's target and "attack at will" are mapped to ZR + D-pad when you're playing with a Classic Controller.

I beat the final boss at level 81 first time round. Second time I was level 83 and it seemed to make a lot of difference. My team was Shulk and Reyn, with me controlling Sharla for healing/buffs. Chief tactic was to raise the party chain then fire off a combo of offensive (red) artes for 150k+ damage each time if i get lucky with chain links.

You'd be surprised how much of a difference few levels make.
Indeed. I got up to Lv 46 today and that was enough to beat him! icon14.gif Quite comfortably too I might add. :awesome:

Onward with the story I go... :)

Indeed. I got up to Lv 46 today and that was enough to beat him! icon14.gif Quite comfortably too I might add. :awesome:

Onward with the story I go... :)

Congrats!!! I felt GOOD when that git was taken down!

And Burny... um... No! lol

You're right though I really SHOULD look at the manual :P My problem is I open a gamebox, grab the disk and then keep them all in a wallet... and the lovely boxs are displayed around the house... basically I'm too lazy most of the time to go grab the box, open it up and look at the manual... haha, the consequence of which is that I suffer in games :P ... gonna give it another try tonight!

And Burny... um... No! lol

You're right though I really SHOULD look at the manual :P My problem is I open a gamebox, grab the disk and then keep them all in a wallet... and the lovely boxs are displayed around the house... basically I'm too lazy most of the time to go grab the box, open it up and look at the manual...

I imagine you're not alone there. Still, these manuals are actually helpful sometimes. ;)

Aren't they introducing electronic manuals with 3DS games? Being able to take a look at the manual from within the game/menu seems practical.

I imagine you're not alone there. Still, these manuals are actually helpful sometimes. ;)

Aren't they introducing electronic manuals with 3DS games? Being able to take a look at the manual from within the game/menu seems practical.

Hadn't heard that but that sounds great!

And who would a thunk it... As soon as I got my party to focus on one target they fell with ease. I would say that there was still a challenge and it was still a frantic and nerve bitin battle, even when doing it right haha

And that ending?

That's I why I love monolith soft SO SO much! They Aren't afraid to go there... I mean just dropping in such a HUGE plot development in the ending scenes... And what a development... Almost akin to Etrian Odessey's twist, which had my jaw DROP.

Brilliant, really moving and the voice actors had me invested 100% percent... I know shulk sounds like your average posh kid but my god he did dramatic really well... I'm a little embarrassed to say that I almost got choked during the end sequence... Haha AMAZING GAME!!! Finish it, then tell me it's boring or dull or whatever... As a whole package??? It's THE best jrpg in the longest time...

:D

Edited by Deku-Nutz

This game continues to blow my mind.

I'm currently at Lv 55 with 47 hours playtime, but it feels like I'm only halfway through! :o I swear the game has no end. :laughing:

I'm at the point where...

Shulk finds Fiora on the beach.

Always got the impression that Xenoblade was a huge game, but I didn't quite realise just how huge. :heh:

The most impressive thing of all though is how it manages to still be engrossing, after so many hours of play. For a game that's got more content than about 10 normal games combined, that's really impressive. :bowdown:

@Hero\-of\-Time & @darksnowman, you guys ever get back into it?

At which point in the game did you stop playing? If it was before the section that I just played through (which I'm guessing it was), then you've missed out on some seriously awesome stuff.

This really is one of the absolute best games of the generation!

This really is one of the absolute best games of the generation!

I wasn't joking when I said that it is the best traditional JRPG since Chrono Trigger!

Glad to see you guys are enjoying it too! And you've still seen nothing yet (Yes, it manages to get even better from there on! It doesn't fizzle out like so many other promising RPGs do)

BTW @Red Shell Just a word of warning. After you complete the next area after the one you're currently at, there's a point of no return that stops you from completing any quests in Sword Valley and Galahad Fortress (they'll disappear forever). If you care about completing all the quests (I didn't, but you may do), you might want to do them ASAP. If not, then keep calm and carry on.

Edited by Dcubed

At which point in the game did you stop playing? If it was before the section that I just played through (which I'm guessing it was), then you've missed out on some seriously awesome stuff.

It was the massive city on the water. I just remember it being freaking huge and at that point I just gave up. I've never touched it since.

It was the massive city on the water. I just remember it being freaking huge and at that point I just gave up. I've never touched it since.
Ah yeah, I know the part. To be honest, that was one point in the game where I was a bit putoff by the size of the environment too. It took bloody ages to swim to that city! :zzz: A boat/Jet Ski would have been nice. :heh:

Thankfully though (as with most of the long journeys in the game) you only needed to do it once, because after reaching the landmark you could just warp there instantly next time.

But yeah, it's definitely worth persevering past that section. One of my favourite parts of the game (so far) was just a little while after where you stopped playing. ;)

You stopped before the game had even started.

I'm constantly tempted to give this game a go, but I just don't have the hours needed to invest in the game! Bit of a shame really!

Already waiting for me to start when I have time are, Skyward Sword, Resident Evil Revelations, Mass Effect 2, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Portal 2, God of War 3... plus I need to download God of War 1 & 2, and Pullbox... and there are constantly other games coming out!

You stopped before the game had even started.

30 hours in and I hadn't even started? And people had beef with FFXIII's 10 hour start?!

:D

Ah yeah, I know the part. To be honest, that was one point in the game where I was a bit putoff by the size of the environment too. It took bloody ages to swim to that city! :zzz: A boat/Jet Ski would have been nice. :heh:

Swim to the city? Did you not use the teleporters on the floating islands?

But yes trying to discover all the areas on the islands below did take ages.... while trying to complete the map for that area I was fairly miffed to find out the one "location" I missed wasn't even an island or cave.. it was a wall :heh:

Glad to see you are still enjoying this beauty Red :D

Yet still very sad H-o-T gave up on it :(

I bet if you gave it another go and got past the area where you stopped and onto the next you'd start to enjoy it more

Finally gone back to this after a 4 month hiatus due to Zelda, hitting some pretty epic/looking like end game shit. Zelda pales in comparison, forgot how awesome this is, soundtrack, gameplay, STORY(though different to what I was expecting), and...yeah. Almost sad as I want to breeze through and neglect all side quests just in favour of getting the plot so I can move onto Last Story. This'll definitely get a replay at some date, though.

This game continues to blow my mind.

I'm currently at Lv 55 with 47 hours playtime, but it feels like I'm only halfway through! :o I swear the game has no end. :laughing:

I'm at the point where...

Shulk finds Fiora on the beach.

Always got the impression that Xenoblade was a huge game, but I didn't quite realise just how huge. :heh:

The most impressive thing of all though is how it manages to still be engrossing, after so many hours of play. For a game that's got more content than about 10 normal games combined, that's really impressive. :bowdown:

I LOVE the area you are at right now!!! And you actually have quite a bit to discover and explore, so enjoy ;) It's weird because all the while you know you are on a giant body and you travel across various parts of the body... but the area you are in right now? For me it was the best at conveying just how immense Bionis is... discover a secret area, which is very high up and it lets you view the entire area from up in the sky... the scale is breathtaking, the detail... even so far away is astounding. Monolith Soft performed magic when making this game, they really did!