NEurope
Jonnas

Ace Attorney - One-Shot Mafia

Briefly detained? A cuffing to a railing ain't no legit shiz cuz, that's some shady business if you ask Wocky!

I know what happened to you and you told us dawg - but tied up? I never heard of no one being 'tied up' with handcuffs!

Tied up by handcuffs :S

I don't know what Sméagol's ability was? I targeted Sméagol using Cube's ability, pal.

But surely you've now copied smeagol's ability and should know what his power is so you can use it tonight.

This person with handcuffs (@Dedede) may use different methods of stopping his victims. If he can confirm he targeted Diageo, that could help.

Anyway, I think that lynching DuD seems like the best action. I think there has been someone with their actions messed up, but I do trust the good detective. DuD just seems more suspicious overall.

But surely you've now copied smeagol's ability and should know what his power is so you can use it tonight.
You're certainly interested in whatever Sméagol's ability is, aren't ya, pal? And you want to know an awful lot about him all of a sudden... Almost as if you know somethin' about him already. And how could you possibly know that, pal?

Regardless, I know nothing about Sméagol other than what I've said, that you and DuD targeted him on Break 2. I'll also answer that I don't know what an person's ability I copy does until after I've used it. Because Jonnas really wants me to suffer. =P

You're certainly interested in whatever Sméagol's ability is, aren't ya, pal? And you want to know an awful lot about him all of a sudden... Almost as if you know somethin' about him already. And how could you possibly know that, pal?

Well you said you copied people's abilities but then you said you didn't know what he did. I don't know if he reverse tracks, I was guessing from your knowledge from last night but you cleared it up by explaining you used cube's power. You're being very defensive and quick to jump to conclusions pal.

Regardless, I know nothing about Sméagol other than what I've said, that you and DuD targeted him on Break 2. I'll also answer that I don't know what an person's ability I copy does until after I've used it. Because Jonnas really wants me to suffer. =P

Well isn't that mighty convenient. :indeed:

Well isn't that mighty convenient. :indeed:
About as convenient as you being roleblocked one break and supposedly targeting someone untargetable, right? =P

Both of you are suspicious to me right now, pal. Call me whatever or roll your eyes however much you like, I'm just statin' what I think based on what I have and what people have said. If DuD is guilty and gets majority, great! If he's innocent, that's bad obviously, but at least we'll know who incriminated Sméagol for sure.

Also, another thought popped into my head, pals... why would the thieves decide for DuD to implicate someone during break 2? Unless DuD is the only one who can implicate someone, then why would they run the risk of using him to implicate someone again after Sheikah supposedly caught him out? Surely they would have chosen someone else in their group to carry off the deed? If DuD does turn out to be guilty though, maybe the thieves ain't as smart as I'm givin 'em credit for here, haha.

I'm not sure if we have much time left in this session, but I'm guessin' Jonnas ain't gonna allow us an extension, pals.

vote: diageo

because I trust him, and I'm fairly sure that his intended target last night was successful (which brings sheikah's info into question)

Vote Standings

Diageo (3): Sprout, DuD, jayseven

DuD (4): Sheikah, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Diageo, MadDog

Majority is 7

-----

As a reminder, this session will end tomorrow at roughly 9 AM

because I trust him, and I'm fairly sure that his intended target last night was successful (which brings sheikah's info into question)
Ah, I guess you could have been that voice I heard then, pal!
As a reminder, this session will end tomorrow at roughly 9 AM
We seem close to majority, but people are probably gonna be sleepin' durin' most of that time! I dont think we should drag out the session for too long, but it has been a little more active than the previous session, and rules say you're open to suggestions for phases, so any chance you wanna be a pal and extend that to tomorrow evening maybe? Call it a favour if you want after fixing your numbers... twice. =P

(And it seems Dedede hasn't even logged in to n-e for the past day or two. Give him a chance!)

vote: diageo

Solid input. I guess we should all switch vote based on the absolute nothing you just put forward.

Regardless of who is right or wrong, I don't care. If DuD is not guilty then I will just lynch Diageo. I'm going with DuD because of his targeting the killer twice and people not reaching him, as well as having an unverifiable role. He is either just very unlucky, scum or unknowingly scum.

I figured in the event we do get some people posting overnight (and we don't get an extension), I thought I'd try using that... logic... stuff one more time, pals.

gumshoe-thinking(b).gif

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

If my info is right, then both DuD and Diageo targeted Sméagol, pals. At least one of them is a thief. DuD has been truthful about his target (and revealed his target before I revealed my info, so he wasn't necessarily forced to reveal his target), whilst Diageo's truthfulness is uncertain, claiming he targeted DuD instead, with Sheikah backing him up.

Obviously, my evidence and Sheikah's contradict eachother. However, both Cube and jayseven appear to trust me, which I believe helps make my evidence more reputable, pals. Cube because I copied his ability and he knows how it works, so if something was off he'd have said so. jayseven... well, it's just my theory, but based on what he's said and the voice I heard, I have reason to believe that he targeted me, and that his powers would have been beneficial to me. Dannyboy also targeted me, but I don't think he, nor any other member keeping silent on their targets, could have tampered with my findings. If they could, I don't see how they could have possibly tampered with it to get the results that I ended up with, pals.

As said, if one turns out innocent, our next vote will be obvious. But I believe in my evidence, and I believe Diageo lied, so my vote stays on him for now.

@Sprout bear in mind that I smoked DuD out at the start of D2 before he even had a chance to reveal his target, and really it made sense for him to reveal his target before anyone else might since he knew he was the most suspicious at that point (and most likely to be targeted). I think it's odd he would have gone for the kill again though, but Diageo says he was untargetable and MadDog could not reach him either. Nobody could reach DuD.

I have no idea why you have a different verdict to me but it's possible one of us was screwed with or Diageo performed 2 actions (in the latter case it would most likely be killing; which is why if DuD flips town I'll be voting him).

A stalemate will achieve nothing and most votes are currently on DuD. If you really are as interested as you say you are in find out one way or another then put your money where your mouth is.

I smoked DuD out at the start of D2

:laughing:

Mr big shot :p

I love how you come across when your wrong :)

:laughing:

Mr big shot :p

I love how you come across when your wrong :)

Right. DuD, are you aware that you're extremely arrogant when playing these games?

Perhaps you should take another look at the start of D2 in the writeup; you can clearly see me stating that you went for mr-paul.

To smoke someone out would imply they're guilty.

You couldn't smoke a kipper ;)

For reference -

"I saw everything! It was DuD!"

atmey-damage_zpsgfw804ae.gif

"Whaaa?"

"Oh, don't you fake it! You were looking at Athena the whole time! I'm sure you were just waiting for her to drop her guard! You're just lucky I didn't see the exact moment you did it!

Say what you want, but you sure as hell can't take any credit for confessing on that one. You were sussed!

Solid input. I guess we should all switch vote based on the absolute nothing you just put forward.

Regardless of who is right or wrong, I don't care. If DuD is not guilty then I will just lynch Diageo. I'm going with DuD because of his targeting the killer twice and people not reaching him, as well as having an unverifiable role. He is either just very unlucky, scum or unknowingly scum.

I thought it was clear that my vote was cast based upon my known information that I felt was verifiable. It was not cast under any assumption of success. I'm not trying to convince others to swing their votes.

I'm not saying I don't suspect DuD -- my vote is literally saying "I don't know whether to believe what I'm reading, so I'm going to go based on the information I can trust."

Sorry it's not 'solid input' but uhhh... it's rare to have 'solid' input in this game! Take the piece and work it out later when there's more information. Can't solve it all on turn 2!

To smoke someone out would imply they're guilty.

You couldn't smoke a kipper ;)

Actually, to smoke someone out is to bring someone out into the open. To reveal them, as doing whatever it is you're accusing them off.

A rat may not be guilty of anything but it can still most definitely be smoked out.

I have to say though - If I can't smoke a kipper out and I smoked you out, then that doesn't say much about you. :heh:

I thought it was clear that my vote was cast based upon my known information that I felt was verifiable. It was not cast under any assumption of success. I'm not trying to convince others to swing their votes.

I'm not saying I don't suspect DuD -- my vote is literally saying "I don't know whether to believe what I'm reading, so I'm going to go based on the information I can trust."

Sorry it's not 'solid input' but uhhh... it's rare to have 'solid' input in this game! Take the piece and work it out later when there's more information. Can't solve it all on turn 2!

What I'm saying is that you presented no evidence to back your statement. If you have evidence that can support the lynch of either of these two then really you should present it.

Sprout bear in mind that I smoked DuD out at the start of D2 before he even had a chance to reveal his target, and really it made sense for him to reveal his target before anyone else might since he knew he was the most suspicious at that point (and most likely to be targeted).
You're talking about the write-up I assume, and you're right that you smoked him out that day, but remember that you didn't see the critical point: him implicating Mr-Paul. He may have been pressured to be honest, but ask yourself, what benefit would he have to admitting he targeted Sméagol. I doubt he thought that saying that would have prevented people from voting for him, pal.

I think it's odd he would have gone for the kill again though, but Diageo says he was untargetable and MadDog could not reach him either. Nobody could reach DuD.
True, but remember that the circumstances on how they couldn't reach DuD are different. It's another contradiction (that we may get more light on depending on if we hear from Dedede). Furthermore, MadDog has provided flavour, that he was redirected by a "scary shadow", but Diageo has simply said he was unsuccessful, providing nothing else.

Let's not forget Diageo's claims that he was "tied up" with handcuffs (which isn't something I'd associate "tied up" with) and that somebody removed them, but nobody has come forward to claim that they removed them, unlike MadDog who claims to have removed the cuffs from Rummy. All of this could be explained away, I'm sure, but on top of everything else, don't you find it all a bit... iffy?

A stalemate will achieve nothing and most votes are currently on DuD. If you really are as interested as you say you are in find out one way or another then put your money where your mouth is.
Fact is, both are suspicious, we agree on that, pal. But the reason I think we should go with Diageo, aside from what I meantioned with my previous post, is that with DuD, we at least have his role claim to hold him to, and his target for Break 2 isn't in question, unlike Diageo. I'm sure if we let him live another night, there will be at least some people targeting him and keeping tabs on him. He made a claim that he's an alignment investigator, maybe we should see if that pans out and he targets somebody other than a victim for once, pal. However, we have nothing to hold Diageo to. He has provided us with nothing. Sure, DuD has his targets against him, but we know for certain that he's been honest about them. We can't say the same about Diageo.

With the day to end in the morning and a majority reachable with the currently active players:

Changevote: DuD

Something needs to come of this.

Fact is, both are suspicious, we agree on that, pal. But the reason I think we should go with Diageo, aside from what I meantioned with my previous post, is that with DuD, we at least have his role claim to hold him to, and his target for Break 2 isn't in question, unlike Diageo. I'm sure if we let him live another night, there will be at least some people targeting him and keeping tabs on him. He made a claim that he's an alignment investigator, maybe we should see if that pans out and he targets somebody other than a victim for once, pal. However, we have nothing to hold Diageo to. He has provided us with nothing. Sure, DuD has his targets against him, but we know for certain that he's been honest about them. We can't say the same about Diageo.
Forgot to add that the whole giving DuD a chance bit would only be applicable if Diageo was guilty. If he turned out to be innocent then yeah, there'd be no need for extra chances, naturally. =P

Saying tied up instead of handcuffed is a memory lapse and vocabulary problem. Just like I say to pick someone up from the airport when I don't have a car. It's just the way I think about it in my head, which has even made my boss suspicious.

Additionally I assumed I was unsuccessful and advised no flavour because I got no pm back, I think now that was a wrong assumption. So that would mean I was successful but maddog was just redirected.

And if you start saying, oh how many mistakes have you made. Well I'm currently leaving one job and doing interviews for another and also starting a masters soon. I'm also doing all this writing on my phone so excuse me if I don't remember which way I'm incapacitated or can't be bothered to write in purple any more. I get time to read this while we n the bus and can't surf the next in work because everything is monitored.

With the day to end in the morning and a majority reachable with the currently active players:

Changevote: DuD

Something needs to come of this.

Come on dud, stop with this martyr business and fight. Prove yourself and investigate me tonight if you're the innocent victim you claim you are.

And if you start saying, oh how many mistakes have you made. Well I'm currently leaving one job and doing interviews for another and also starting a masters soon. I'm also doing all this writing on my phone so excuse me if I don't remember which way I'm incapacitated or can't be bothered to write in purple any more. I get time to read this while we n the bus and can't surf the next in work because everything is monitored.
Why do you think I asked for an extension? Everyone has their reasons for being busy or unresponsive at times, pal, and I sure everyone here ain't gonna let a game take priority over more important things like the stuff you mentioned. So I figured we should let people have a little more time to share their points or put in their votes. But if I think something doesn't look right, I'm gonna point it out, pal. Can't just leave these things overlooked, y'know.

You're breakin' my heart, pal! Plus I figured what with you bein' the ace attorney you'd have figured it out on your own by now. But fine, ol' Dick Gumshoe is gonna explain it to ya, pal!

I can copy abilities with the "Hey Pal" bubble. I used it on Cube in Session 2, so I gained his ability for Break 2 (which you can gather from what he said is that he can find out who targeted his target). I targeted Sméagol, and found out that DuD and Diageo targeted him. Is that all you needed, pal?

How the heck was anyone supposed to figure that out? :heh:

Anyway, we're still none the wiser as to the contradicting info. I don't distrust you (more than what is standard in a mafia game), but I'm still more wary of DuD, and even if he flips town, that leaves us with new suspects to go for.

Your earlier post made no sense to me dawg, as it seemed to be you were hating on Diageo then backing him too! I still ain't quite sure what you were saying, but I'm in a similar sitch to yourself - no idea who to go for. If anything...I weren't too sure about you, dawg!

Saying tied up instead of handcuffed is a memory lapse and vocabulary problem.

This is one of them retrospective fit kinda dealies ain't it? Memory AND vocabulary problem? I might be making a big mistake here, but I ain't buying it myself right now.

Vote: Diageo