NEurope
Zell

N-Europe Summer Meet 2016 (13th August)

Some of us live in what is practically Scotland and to come down south we have to make it past the wall and some whitewalkers (there are some very pale people up here like @MilaGi)

Haha thanks!! Ginger whitewalkers are pretty fierce... so I've heard

@MilaGi can you come this year? :)

I would love to but I can't unfortunately as I'm at a charity fundraising event for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation on 30th July.

& gotta go for that pizza @Fierce_LiNk @Eenuh (would settle for a five guys/patty & bun)

Mmm, pizza.

We're thinking about coming but it really depends on what are overall plans are the summer/next coming months. Could potentially be moving house, but not sure how likely that is. We're interested, though.

I'll put myself down as a maybe. Might be able to swing a work trip down on the Friday before and then stay for the weekend. Also depends on the dates which I can't check at work. I'm away 6-13th August and then end of August for 2 weeks. No other major plans.

Last time, we fit about 12 of us in Zell's living room and slept on the floor/sofa/tables/in his bed with him.

I'll be checking into a hotel I think!

I think Dannyboy making the trip over from Denmark prevents anyone in England using the "too far" excuse :p

Last time, we fit about 12 of us in Zell's living room and slept on the floor/sofa/tables/in his bed with him.

Meet up typically involves gaming (board, card and video), drinking, a bar or two, sightseeing, food, hanging out in the park, Rez pushing his youtube channels on poor unsuspecting teenagers, an IRL game we're all getting too old for called Ninja, and in Rummy's case, a lot of sleeping.

I've been sleeping harder than ever lately this year, but this time I'm gonna make sure I'm proper rested up for the meet and try to avoid it! I'll most likely fail miserably, but good intentions and all.

I'd also say Shorty's post is a fairly accurate representation of things. That game sounds cool @Cube, I'd definitely be interested.

Like @Fierce_LiNk said, we might try and come to the meet this year, depending on what's going on in our lives. Don't have any plans yet for the summer so for now the 30th works for us. :)

Would it be a meet up in Hyde Park again, or meeting somewhere else? Will have to look into cheap hotel rooms nearby if we're coming!

Btw, I just want to check with @Zell on his opinions of things going similar to last year - I know you've posted the thread, but I don't intend, nor hope anyone else does, to expect to impose on your hospitality without you saying that's ok or more importantly not so. The thread seems to imply it in places, but I want to be clear it's not cool if it's not cool with you.

Oh I asked him on PS4, I didn't just jump to that conclusion :)

That's not to say there's free board for unlimited people....

Go ahead and put me down for it. Barring anything cropping up last minute, I reckon I should be able to come along!

Welp, if July 30th is the date, I will unfortunately be unable to attend this year, seeing as I am handing in my master's thesis on August 1st. :hmm:

Welp, if July 30th is the date, I will unfortunately be unable to attend this year, seeing as I am handing in my master's thesis on August 1st. :hmm:

You wouldn't dare hand it in last minute!

Nah...I'm up for changing it?

Oh I asked him on PS4, I didn't just jump to that conclusion :)

That's not to say there's free board for unlimited people....

Oh I hadn't assumed that you'd have presumed, but just want it clear to all and make sure Zell's comfortable with putting limits as needed! I didn't intend to take up space last year, and can easily avoid that again this year.

Yep! I'm seconding the new date calls too. The amount of effort and commitment you've shown over the years coming from Denmark, I'm sure a few of us can certainly make allowances. What works best for you Danny, I think most of us will go from there?

I think the next best date is August 13th. That work for you Dannyboy?

@Mr\-Paul is there any way you can make August 13th?

I've got work that day unfortunately, so would only be able to do the evening stuff. But if that's the one that everyone else/Dannyboy can make, that's probably the way to go. I live in London anyway so there's no travel considerations for me.

omg people stop saying you cant make the 30th and fill out the spreadsheet

For the people who said they could/couldn't attend 30th July in the thread, would you be able to make 13th August?

Additionally those of you who put red in the spreadsheet for certain dates, could you just confirm how flexible you are? Because at the moment it looks like there's no "perfect" date for everyone who wants to come. I'd rather not have the meet moved to a date where people who want to come miss out if we can help it.

Btw, I just want to check with @Zell on his opinions of things going similar to last year - I know you've posted the thread, but I don't intend, nor hope anyone else does, to expect to impose on your hospitality without you saying that's ok or more importantly not so. The thread seems to imply it in places, but I want to be clear it's not cool if it's not cool with you.

To confirm, I'm more than up for hosting people again this year. :)

Last year it all very much unplanned and spontaneous, but I thought it was a lot of fun having everyone over and would definitely be up for doing it again (up to a certain person limit of course).

Not really ready to discuss any details now so please don't send me any requests just yet, just bear in mind that certain people will get preference depending on where they are travelling from (since London Travel and Accommodation is a tad on the expensive side).

Last year it all very much unplanned and spontaneous, but I thought it was a lot of fun having everyone over and would definitely be up for doing it again (up to a certain person limit of course).

Not really ready to discuss any details now so please don't send me any requests just yet, just bear in mind that certain people will get preference depending on where they are travelling from (since London Travel and Accommodation is a tad on the expensive side).

Ok that's cool man! I'll ask everyone to respect you asking for requests to not be made for now, and you can let people know if/when you have spaces going(in case you're giving preference to folks like Goron etc).

I've changed my 23rd July and 20th August from Nos to Maybe/No's - I might leave in the evening. Outside of the original 30th I think the 13th August is actually best for me though.

Edited by Rummy

For the people who said they could/couldn't attend 30th July in the thread, would you be able to make 13th August?

Additionally those of you who put red in the spreadsheet for certain dates, could you just confirm how flexible you are? Because at the moment it looks like there's no "perfect" date for everyone who wants to come. I'd rather not have the meet moved to a date where people who want to come miss out if we can help it.

I'm good for the 13th!

Last year was great. We essentially had two meet ups..one at Zell's and one the following day with the same crew + Red, Goafer and those 15 year old....

The red ones for me are pretty much definite nos, either at music festivals or working. Though the 13th Aug I would still be able to do the evening stuff, it's just that I'd miss out on the sexy ninja action in Hyde Park.

I need to see all of your sexy faces again.

I've filled in the spreadsheet, but to be honest we don't know yet what our plans are this Summer. Not sure yet if we are going on holiday/going to see my family in Belgium.

30th would work most likely, 13th might be ok (if we go to Belgium, we can go straight from London so that's alright actually).

But then we're not sure yet if we're coming anyway so don't pay too much attention to our dates. :P

I've gone ahead and filled out the speadsheet as well for good measure. I would like to be done with my thesis first, and I also realise I don't know how my schedule will look once I'm done; if everything goes according to plan, I'll be going directly into a teaching job, but I have no idea about times or dates or anything, so essentially I can't say anything for certain, but I'm betting on the beginning of August being the best time for me.

13th is no good for me, unfortunately. Sorry @Shorty, still can't fill out the spreadsheet at work and I'm only a NE-er during work hours.