NEurope
Zell

N-Europe Summer Meet 2016 (13th August)

Guys, don't be insensitive. You know full and well that Glasgow doesn't have home internet yet.

Why aren't you a NE-er after work?

I rarely use my laptop these days and after work I tend to be either at the gym, playing tennis or just chilling with the girlfriend.

I'd love to come, maybe in a few years when money isn't quite as tight!

I still haven't recovered from the last one, Mr Odders' driving is some craic...

You can fly Belfast to London for £50 return, my train ticket will be more than that!

Hey guys, wondering if a date had been decided yet? Or are we still waiting for (more) people to confirm? :)

Want to start planning my summer break and want to see if an N-E meet is possible or not. :)

Hey guys, wondering if a date had been decided yet? Or are we still waiting for (more) people to confirm? :)

Want to start planning my summer break and want to see if an N-E meet is possible or not. :)

Sorry, I've been meaning to get things moving again.

I think if there are no major objections in the next day or so, we will need to lock in 13th August as the date. Realise that it's not perfect, but we need to set the date for people to book travel and time off work.

I'm out, unfortunately, but there was only a slim chance of me attending whatever the date so carry on without me.

I think Jim and I might be booking tickets to Belgium tonight, leaving the day after the N-E meet. So I hope there are no changes with the date now. :P

Also, is there a decent but affordable hotel people can recommend? I'd book a Travelodge room but they don't seem to be cheap at all haha.

Don't trust my own judgement with finding a good hotel... I booked a room once in London (near Hyde Park) and we ended up sleeping in some creepy basement. >.>;

So any suggestions are welcome, maybe from previous experiences from the meets or anything similar. :)

If the 13th is the date I'll be missing out on the daytime. Which means no ninja for me :(

The night-time shenanigans better make up for it.

I think Jim and I might be booking tickets to Belgium tonight, leaving the day after the N-E meet. So I hope there are no changes with the date now. :P

Also, is there a decent but affordable hotel people can recommend? I'd book a Travelodge room but they don't seem to be cheap at all haha.

Don't trust my own judgement with finding a good hotel... I booked a room once in London (near Hyde Park) and we ended up sleeping in some creepy basement. >.>;

So any suggestions are welcome, maybe from previous experiences from the meets or anything similar. :)

Airbnb it!

Had a quick look and this is the best I can find: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/13125916?checkin=13-08-2016&checkout=14-08-2016&guests=2&s=Hg2hZky4

Everywhere else is either fairly out or a lot more expensive.

Camden is a bus ride or a few tube stops from Kings Cross, which will then connect you to either the Eurostar or several airports (depends how you're getting there).

Or if you do want a hotel, Travelodge right near KX is the same kind of price if you book now: https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/258/London-Central-Kings-Cross-hotel?location=Central+London&locationCode=29663&checkIn=13%2F08%2F16&checkOut=14%2F08%2F16&rooms%5B0%5D%5BroomId%5D=lw2itybwdr3b2l&rooms%5B0%5D%5Badults%5D=2&rooms%5B0%5D%5Bchildren%5D=0

Sorry, I've been meaning to get things moving again.

I think if there are no major objections in the next day or so, we will need to lock in 13th August as the date. Realise that it's not perfect, but we need to set the date for people to book travel and time off work.

The 13th is the finalised date, right? I should well be there! Who do/don't we have for it?

I am in Edinburgh that day, so my presence will not be there.

I am sorry.

Had a quick look and this is the best I can find: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/13125916?checkin=13-08-2016&checkout=14-08-2016&guests=2&s=Hg2hZky4

Everywhere else is either fairly out or a lot more expensive.

Camden is a bus ride or a few tube stops from Kings Cross, which will then connect you to either the Eurostar or several airports (depends how you're getting there).

Or if you do want a hotel, Travelodge right near KX is the same kind of price if you book now: https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/258/London-Central-Kings-Cross-hotel?location=Central+London&locationCode=29663&checkIn=13%2F08%2F16&checkOut=14%2F08%2F16&rooms%5B0%5D%5BroomId%5D=lw2itybwdr3b2l&rooms%5B0%5D%5Badults%5D=2&rooms%5B0%5D%5Bchildren%5D=0

Thanks, I went with a Travelodge in the end near Kings Cross, as we will be taking the Eurostar on the Sunday. And we're arriving Friday evening as getting on a coach early on Saturday is not fun. :P

So yes, hotel booked! And Eurostar tickets to Belgium on the 14th. Still need to book National Express tickets. My wallet weeps!

One of my friends has seen pictures from previous meets and how much fun we've had, and he's expressed interest in coming along. How would you guys feel about me bringing him along? What about you, @Zell? How do you feel about having a stranger stay over? I can obviously vouch for him - he's a great guy, very friendly and lots of fun. :) But I naturally wanted to make sure you were all okay with it.

He has seen the sheer embarrassment that was the referendum, right? And he still want to come here?

But yeah, I'd be fine with it.

... So another one of my friends has expressed interest in coming along as well. Obviously I can vouch for her as well, but I still really would like to make sure it's okay with you guys, especially @Zell since he's actually inviting people into his home.

... So another one of my friends has expressed interest in coming along as well. Obviously I can vouch for her as well, but I still really would like to make sure it's okay with you guys, especially @Zell since he's actually inviting people into his home.

It's fine by me! The more the merrier! :)

What are the plans for the 13th? Hyde Park if the weather is ok? Then venture somewhere else (with food) in the afternoon/evening? It's been a while since we've been to one of these so not sure if the "format" has changed much. :P

We will basically just be around for the Saturday I think, won't get to London until the late evening on Friday as I have work, then off to Belgium on Sunday morning. :)

It's fine by me! The more the merrier! :)

What are the plans for the 13th? Hyde Park if the weather is ok? Then venture somewhere else (with food) in the afternoon/evening? It's been a while since we've been to one of these so not sure if the "format" has changed much. :P

We will basically just be around for the Saturday I think, won't get to London until the late evening on Friday as I have work, then off to Belgium on Sunday morning. :)

Her you say? I shall press my finest suit.

a1e2a359bd72a56a1382e467f19387d4.jpg

I was expecting that response. :heh:

It's cool to hear you guys are fine with it. :) Just need the A-OK from Zell.

I was expecting that response. :heh:

It's cool to hear you guys are fine with it. :) Just need the A-OK from Zell.