NEurope
Zell

N-Europe Summer Meet 2016 (13th August)

One of my friends has seen pictures from previous meets and how much fun we've had, and he's expressed interest in coming along. How would you guys feel about me bringing him along? What about you, @Zell? How do you feel about having a stranger stay over? I can obviously vouch for him - he's a great guy, very friendly and lots of fun. :) But I naturally wanted to make sure you were all okay with it.

... So another one of my friends has expressed interest in coming along as well. Obviously I can vouch for her as well, but I still really would like to make sure it's okay with you guys, especially @Zell since he's actually inviting people into his home.

Which days/nights were you planning on staying?

To be clear Danny, you will always have a spot, but understand that I may have to prioritise forumites over your friends if my place starts to reach capacity. That's not a 'no', I want to find out interest from other people first.

So to anyone who want's to stay at mine on the Saturday night (or Friday night), please can you PM me your interest rather than post it directly in the thread. I want to accommodate everyone but also want to avoid disappointing people publicly.

One of my friends has seen pictures from previous meets and how much fun we've had, and he's expressed interest in coming along. How would you guys feel about me bringing him along? What about you, @Zell? How do you feel about having a stranger stay over? I can obviously vouch for him - he's a great guy, very friendly and lots of fun. :) But I naturally wanted to make sure you were all okay with it.

... So another one of my friends has expressed interest in coming along as well. Obviously I can vouch for her as well, but I still really would like to make sure it's okay with you guys, especially @Zell since he's actually inviting people into his home.

To be clear Danny, you will always have a spot, but understand that I may have to prioritise forumites over your friends if my place starts to reach capacity. That's not a 'no', I want to find out interest from other people first.

So to anyone who want's to stay at mine on the Saturday night (or Friday night), please can you PM me your interest rather than post it directly in the thread. I want to accommodate everyone but also want to avoid disappointing people publicly.

I probs would for the lols, but I'm essentially still london based and got peeps around the way in town that I could probs crash with if it came to numbers, so I won't request a space for now :)

I probs would for the lols, but I'm essentially still london based and got peeps around the way in town that I could probs crash with if it came to numbers, so I won't request a space for now :)

Completely fair! We'll see if there's room, otherwise we'll figure something else out. :) It would be from Friday till Sunday.

Completely fair! We'll see if there's room, otherwise we'll figure something else out. :) It would be from Friday till Sunday.

So as I said previously, the 13th isn't ideal for me because I'm working that day.

However, it turns out I'm working from like 4am until 12:30pm, so I shouldn't actually miss out on much!

Turn up for any Friday night shenanigans, couple of hours sleep, liveblog a cricket match, come straight on down for the meet! Party into the night and then same again on Sunday morning! Thank god I work from home.

So as I said previously, the 13th isn't ideal for me because I'm working that day.

However, it turns out I'm working from like 4am until 12:30pm, so I shouldn't actually miss out on much!

Turn up for any Friday night shenanigans, couple of hours sleep, liveblog a cricket match, come straight on down for the meet! Party into the night and then same again on Sunday morning! Thank god I work from home.

So where do you guys generally hook up? A pub? bar? Wouldn't mind meeting up. :)

The Cock Pit in Hyde Park.

So where do you guys generally hook up? A pub? bar? Wouldn't mind meeting up. :)

The Cock Pit in Hyde Park.

To be more specific, last year's itinerary was:

Friday night: Drinks and games at Zell's place

Saturday afternoon: Hyde Park, NINJA, general pissing about

Saturday evening: Five Guys, followed by Loading Bar in Stoke Newington

Do come along! It was a right laugh. You'll get to meet so many forum legends.

To be more specific, last year's itinerary was:

Friday night: Drinks and games at Zell's place

Saturday afternoon: Hyde Park, NINJA, general pissing about

Saturday evening: Five Guys, followed by Loading Bar in Stoke Newington

Do come along! It was a right laugh. You'll get to meet so many forum legends.

That Friday night sounds like heaven... and I suppose the drinks will loosen any introverted nerves. :D

That Friday night sounds like heaven... and I suppose the drinks will loosen any introverted nerves. :D

Wouldn't fairly call that an itinerary per so - Zell's was a bit impromptu for the Friday and it all just sort of came together. Bit worried about us all putting the focus and pressure on Zell, here!

Saturday is always sitting in Hyde Park near the area known as The Cock Pit. I'm suddenly wondering if there was any intentional choosing of this area well back in the day. I don't know if we currently have a rainy day contingent for the Saturday - but previously I've personally invoked a trip to The Red Lion near Oxford Circus(is a Sam Smiths) and would suggest the same this year as a fallback contingent in absence of any other option. The year we did not have a rainy day contingent was, imo, quite disjointed and we all sort of split off in different ways going different places so I'd be keen to avoid that again, personally.

Despite that - I've never regretted a meet. Honestly one of the biggest highlights of my year, every single year. Come along, King_V! You're so close it's almost rude not to!

Wouldn't fairly call that an itinerary per so - Zell's was a bit impromptu for the Friday and it all just sort of came together. Bit worried about us all putting the focus and pressure on Zell, here!

Saturday is always sitting in Hyde Park near the area known as The Cock Pit. I'm suddenly wondering if there was any intentional choosing of this area well back in the day. I don't know if we currently have a rainy day contingent for the Saturday - but previously I've personally invoked a trip to The Red Lion near Oxford Circus(is a Sam Smiths) and would suggest the same this year as a fallback contingent in absence of any other option. The year we did not have a rainy day contingent was, imo, quite disjointed and we all sort of split off in different ways going different places so I'd be keen to avoid that again, personally.

Despite that - I've never regretted a meet. Honestly one of the biggest highlights of my year, every single year. Come along, King_V! You're so close it's almost rude not to!

Oh, I wasn't saying it will defo be of that structure again! I guess itinerary was giving an impression of it being planned, where there things around the main Hyde Park bit were only really arranged in the week leading up to it. Was just giving an idea of what we got up to last year and that it was a lot of fun :)

Oh, I wasn't saying it will defo be of that structure again! I guess itinerary was giving an impression of it being planned, where there things around the main Hyde Park bit were only really arranged in the week leading up to it. Was just giving an idea of what we got up to last year and that it was a lot of fun :)

Sorry for getting back to you late, just wanted to confirm that I'm okay with you and your friends staying around my place. But remember that they will most likely be sleeping on the floor in a cramped living room.

Friday night will probably be booze and video games again, looking forward to seeing everyone!

Damn Ive got a competition on the 14th so I can't make this one. Def up for a winter meet or any other future ones. I like you guys. :)

Sorry for getting back to you late, just wanted to confirm that I'm okay with you and your friends staying around my place. But remember that they will most likely be sleeping on the floor in a cramped living room.

Friday night will probably be booze and video games again, looking forward to seeing everyone!

Of course! Nobody's expecting luxury - we're all just pleased as punch that you're putting people up for the weekend. You're awesome, Zell! :D

Less than a month to go!

Time to start organising a few more things for the weekend. I really enjoyed the Loading bar in Dalston we went to last year, if everyone is happy with that then we can look into reserving a table again, unless anyone has any other suggestions for places to go Saturday night?

Five Guys is an option for food on Saturday evening. They've opened one next to King's Cross which I think is a better option than the one near Angel we went to last year.

Also, for people coming round my place, please think about any card games, board games, video games etc that you can bring.

Less than a month to go!

Time to start organising a few more things for the weekend. I really enjoyed the Loading bar in Dalston we went to last year, if everyone is happy with that then we can look into reserving a table again, unless anyone has any other suggestions for places to go Saturday night?

Five Guys is an option for food on Saturday evening. They've opened one next to King's Cross which I think is a better option than the one near Angel we went to last year.

Also, for people coming round my place, please think about any card games, board games, video games etc that you can bring.

Where are you located @Zell? I'm not sure yet if we can make it to yours on Friday as we will get to London/our hotel quite late, but just in case if we have time... :)