NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Most of the gameplay we've seen so far (not much) has been played in 'Cranked' matches.

Go to 3:40 for a little bit of TDM.

Haven't watched these two yet.

Whiteout

Octane

Edited by -Dem0-

Various bits of gameplay...

KEM Strike (map changing pointstreak, similar to MOAB)...

Edited by Mokong
fixed video links

If the netcode is sorted, I'll be a happy bunny!

Who has got time off for this? I'll not be gaming on my own in the day all week will I?

Last two CODs have been a disappointment so I won't be wasting any holidays on this. Remember you are playing it on the Wii U, won't be many people on during the day.

I'll be playing at 7 every night like the good old days though.

Last two CODs have been a disappointment so I won't be wasting any holidays on this. Remember you are playing it on the Wii U, won't be many people on during the day.

I'll be playing at 7 every night like the good old days though.

If nobody is online I'll be playing squads. The XP you earn on that counts towards online too so I'd still be earning stuff.

I just know this is going to be horribly disappointing though! :hmm:

If nobody is online I'll be playing squads. The XP you earn on that counts towards online too so I'd still be earning stuff.

I just know this is going to be horribly disappointing though! :hmm:

Still, you(we) play COD as a team, on your own, it just isn't very fun.

Really worth wasting holidays for?

I will probably get a day or so off for it. I am really excited about the Squads mode, it sounds great and is a wonderful alternative to the online mode. There's also some nice additions like the Field Orders and dynamic maps.

However, after watching all these videos I can say three things about the game that look worrying:

1) The time to kill looks insanely short like in MW3. There were very few gun fights, it just seemed like whoever saw the other player first ended it instantly. This might work well at LAN events, but when connections aren't great this will be a nightmare.

2) The maps look very frantic and cramped. I didn't see any large open areas in any of the footage. This will no doubt lead to lots of quick deaths and annoying headless chicken gameplay.

3) The spawn system didn't seem to be that good. I saw several times people literally having to kill someone as they spawned in and at least once when someone was killed just ater they spawned. Again, that kind of system just leads to irritation and headless chicken gameplay.

On the positive side:

1) Quick scoping is out! This is a must.

2) No crazy Black Ops 2 pistols. Pistols are again a side arm.

3) New knife animations mean that knifing isn't going to be comparable to wielding a ten metre long light saber!

4) New sniper scope looks great.

Edited by Zechs Merquise

Still, you(we) play COD as a team, on your own, it just isn't very fun.

Really worth wasting holidays for?

Well I have days to take and no other reason to use them so I might as well. Plus, I always play CoD on my own when nobody else is on. I still enjoy it (not so much with BO2).

All the perks, what they do, which groups they fall into and how much they cost:

SPEED

- Quickdraw - Faster ADS (1)

- Slight of Hand - Faster reload (2)

- Agility - Faster movement speed (2)

- Marathon - Longer sprint duration (2)

- Stalker - Move faster whilst ADS (2)

STEALTH

- Takedown - Enemies don't indicate when they have died to their teammates (1)

- Blindeye - Undetectable by enemy AI killstreaks (2)

- Off the Grid - Undetecable by enemy satcom (2)

- Dead Silence - Make no noise (2)

- Ghost - Enemy crosshair doesn't turn red and no name above your character (2)

RESISTANCE

- Lightweight - Take no falling damage (1)

- Painkiller - Faster health regeneration (2)

- Toughness - Reduced flinch when being shot (2)

- Tac Resist - Increased resistance to tactical grenades (2)

- Blast Shield - Increased resistance to explosives (2)

HANDLING

- Strong Arm - Throw equipment and grenades further (1)

- On the Go - Reload whilst sprinting (2)

- Fast Hands - Faster weapon changing (2)

- Steady Aim - Increased hip fire accuracy (2)

- Dexterity - Weapon is ready quicker after sprinting/climbing/sliding (2)

AWARENESS

- Recon - Spot enemies through explosive blasts and smoke (1)

- Scavenger - Resupply ammo from fallen enemies (2)

- Sit Rep - Enemy equipment and satcom is visible (2)

- Hearing - Better ability to hear enemy footsteps (2)

- Wiretap - Use enemy satcoms as your own (2)

EQUIPMENT

- Tac +1 - One extra tactical grenade (1)

- Lethal +1 - One extra lethal grenade (2)

- Bandolier - Extra mags (2)

- Attachment +1 - Equip a fourth attachment (2)

- Danger Close - Increases explosive damage (3)

ELITE

- Gamble - Allows re-rolling of care packages (1)

- Hardline - Reduces the total needed for pointstreaks (2)

- Ping - Detects enemies nearby the bodies of enemies you killed (2)

- Overkill - Equip two primary weapons (2)

- Deadeye - Increases the probability of doing more damage to any enemy the further you are into a pointstreak (5)

You get 8 points to spend on your perks. You get an extra 3 (taking it to 11) if you opt to give up your side arm.

Start thinking about your load outs!

Call Of Duty: Ghosts On Wii U Will Get The Free Fall Bonus Map

The official Call of Duty Ghosts pre-order site states that those who pre-order the Wii U version of the game will receive the Free Fall dynamic map as downloadable content. The game is published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward, the studio that created the original Call of Duty and the critically acclaimed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series, Call of Duty: Ghosts ushers in the next generation of the franchise, delivering a riveting all-new gameplay experience built on an entirely new story, setting and cast, all powered by a new next-generation Call of Duty engine.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/17/call-of-duty-ghosts-on-wii-u-will-get-the-free-fall-bonus-map/#comments

Didn't they promise the Nuketown 2025 map for pre-ordering Black Ops 2? How did that work out?

Didn't they promise the Nuketown 2025 map for pre-ordering Black Ops 2? How did that work out?

Indeed they did. We never got it in the end.

Indeed they did. We never got it in the end.

I know. I'd say it'll work out this time though.

It is unlikely the bonus map will be included for the Wii U version. Although it says it will be on the site, it said the same for Nuketown. Also, if you try to preorder the game for the Wii U you get this message: Current selection is unavailable in your region. Check back for updates. I would wager the fact you can't actually preorder the Wii U version through the preorder site will mean that the Wii U version won't be getting the map.

It is unlikely the bonus map will be included for the Wii U version. Although it says it will be on the site, it said the same for Nuketown. Also, if you try to preorder the game for the Wii U you get this message: Current selection is unavailable in your region. Check back for updates. I would wager the fact you can't actually preorder the Wii U version through the preorder site will mean that the Wii U version won't be getting the map.

Well I think we are going to get it becuse they won't do the same thing Agian and Activison now how the Wii U works now like the eshop

At this point, I'm inclined to agree with @Zechs Merquise I doubt we'll get it, or DLC for that matter.

You two are talking bull its a next gen system and a next gen game so it can have DLC

Pathetic. It's 2013, whatever about the Wii but for the Wii U not to be getting DLC, no wonder some hardcore gamers are giving it a wide berth. Like it or not but this is the game that moves systems, well it does on other platforms and $h!t like this does Wii U no favours.

You two are talking bull its a next gen system and a next gen game so it can have DLC

You mean in the same way Black Ops 2 got DLC?

You mean in the same way Black Ops 2 got DLC?

The first call of duty game on PS3 did not get DLC and if we don't get DLC for Ghost I am thinking of going back to playing Call Of Duty games on Sony consoles but I like playing Call Of Duty on Wii U because its more easy to play

Edited by canand

You are right, the Wii U can have DLC. But that doesn't mean it will.

As none of the Wii games got DLC and Black Ops 2 didn't get DLC, the wise money would go on Ghosts not getting DLC either.

I can see why the game doesn't have DLC on the Wii U - it would ruin the play lists as it would segment an already small userbase. Also, from a business point of view it probably isn't worth the hassle either. What people must also remember is all the Wii and Wii U COD games are dealt with by a small team within Treyarch. They produce one COD game for Nintendo every year. By the time the DLC is being produced they're up to their necks making a full new game.

if we don't get DLC for Ghost I am thinking of going back to playing Call Of Duty games on Sony consoles but I like playing Call Of Duty on Wii U because its more easy to play

How is it easier to play?

I don't know why you bought Black Ops 2 on the Wii U, its not like you play it with anyone on N-E.

You should have got it on the PS3 and you would have got all the DLC that going by your Miiverse posts, you are desperate for.

If you buy Ghosts for the Wii U, there is a good chance you'll be in the same situation as Black Ops 2 with no DLC.

I know you are getting a PS4, so why not wait and get that version as no doubt it'll be superior to the PS3 & Wii U versions.

I don't know why you bought Black Ops 2 on the Wii U, its not like you play it with anyone on N-E.

You should have got it on the PS3 and you would have got all the DLC that going by your Miiverse posts, you are desperate for.

If you buy Ghosts for the Wii U, there is a good chance you'll be in the same situation as Black Ops 2 with no DLC.

I know you are getting a PS4, so why not wait and get that version as no doubt it'll be superior to the PS3 & Wii U versions.

Or better still, why not forget the PS4 and get a top notch PC, Ghosts will get all the DLC on the PC and have better graphics and will have dedicated servers! That way you win three times!

When I do play it with N-E you lot start moaning at me for doing my own thing that's why

One thing that has always irked me with CoD is people who "do their own thing", in this respect:

If you're playing TDM, play for the team, don't play completely selfishly.

If you're playing Domination, try to capture/defend the flags along with your team, don't just kill-whore.

If you're playing Kill Confirmed, capture the tags.

Team based games are for team play. There's a game mode to do your own thing and that's Free For All.