NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

This new?

Yup.

So much nostalgia from that trailer. The theme music, the master sword pedestal but best of all was the SNES title music playing at the end.

With playing the incredible wind waker, urging me to watch the Zelda wii u demo, now watching this... God I love Zelda! Can't wait to et a glimpse of the wiiu Version!

Great trailer, good to finally get a proper one. I really hope the other world is quite different to Hyrule. We've still barely seen much of the game.

Lorule!? REALLY!? I can't believe they actually went with that name, it sounds like a bad fan fiction :laughing:

Suppose we should thank Kamiya for that one... ;)

2aGWWZV.jpg

Edited by Dcubed

Dat trailer... :cool:

Gave me chills! :D

Little spoiler from IGN about another well loved entry in the zelda franchise linking with this game...

Aonuma's response to a fan's question during the panel Q&A ignited a cheer from the crowd. We have a transcript of the question and Aonuma's answer via an interpreter below:

Fan: First off, I want to say that A Link Between Worlds looks awesome. My question is kind of a shot in the dark: I like when Zelda gets really gritty and dark. I know you produced Wind Waker and this new game, but I wonder if you have any information on Majora's Mask at all, because that was my all-time favorite Zelda game. (Crowd cheers). Please say you'll make this [for] Wii U.

Eiji Aonuma: (pauses) If you play A Link Between Worlds, you may get an answer. You might find some information.

Right, so now we have a princess in Lorule and a princess in the Twilight World.

The plot thickens....how many alternative dimensions are there?

Check Out Aonuma’s Presentation And Several New Details On Zelda A Link Between Worlds

Zelda Informer has obtained and posted a Youtube video of Eiji Aonuma’s presentation at the New York Comic-Con, which contains tons of new footage and details about The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Among the new information trickling out about the game is that the villain in the game is named Yuga, there is something special in the game from Majora’s Mask, which is apparently not just the mask in Ravio’s shop, and items can be upgraded similar to how they are in Skyward Sword. Apparently a bow can be obtained that shoots three arrows at once. A new trailer was released today in conjunction with his Aonuma’s presentation. Enter the above video at your own risk, because Aonuma’s demonstration contains several spoilers about the game!

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/12/check-out-aonumas-presentation-and-several-new-details-on-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=4gOhbzFLg0U

Me and @kav82 have just tried this at Play Expo.

Amazing! It looks and plays brilliantly!!

Ye lucky b@st@rds!

I played it at MCM Expo in Manchester in July

I played it at MCM Expo in Manchester in July

Thats nice.

What did you think to it?

Thats nice.

What did you think to it?

It was great I relley like going though walls and it looks great in 3D

I meant to post a couple of days ago that this game has gone gold. I seen a tweet somewhere, I'll try to find it. So there'll be no worries about a delay.

Edit: There you go.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=214363

Is there a Majora's Mask remake thread if not there should be one. I think it's as good as confirmed after this. It was always coming, it's just a matter of scheduling.

More Majora’s Mask Teasing From Aonuma

Legendary Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma has once again teased the possibility of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask remake for Nintendo 3DS. During Aonuma’s panel at the New York Comic Con, the esteemed producer was asked whether there is a chance that Majora’s Mask could be remade for the Nintendo 3DS. Aonuma replied by saying that once gamers get their hands on The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and finish the game, then they should finally get their answer.

Somebody asked about Majora’s Mask, somebody always ask about Majora’s Mask and he basically said: “Finish this game [ALBW] and that may give you your answer.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/12/more-majoras-mask-teasing-from-aonuma/

Edited by Wii

With this latest MM tease it would be so funny if at the end of the credits for this it just comes up "WE ARE NEVER REMAKING MAJORA'S MASK!", that said I would like the remake myself.

They were a few MM references in Wind Waker (the masks appearing in the Nintendo Gallery).

Wondering if/how Majora's Mask is tied to ALBW since MM takes place well before ALBW. And on a different timeline according to the Hyrule Historia.

Also that trailer looks great, really got me pumped. Lorule is a terrible name but at the same time it's kinda funny. Looks like Lorule isn't an evil/dark alternate version of Hyrule either.

Despite what I said when I first saw the screenshots, this game looks lovely. It somehow feels new and the dungeons feel like a single level (rather than a bunch of floors) but it still retains the awesomeness of the 2D Zeldas, something that the DS games were missing. It really does feel like a sequel to both A Link to the Past (I really need to play that) and Minish Cap.

Is there a Majora's Mask remake thread if not there should be one. I think it's as good as confirmed after this. It was always coming, it's just a matter of scheduling.

How exactly did he confirm it? All he said is play the game and it'll answer the guy's question about whether they're remaking MM. Just as likely is that ALBW has enough elements from MM that it could itself be considered either a sequel or a 'remake'. What could possibly be in the game that would say to us: Nintendo are making Majora's Mask 3D?

I meant to post a couple of days ago that this game has gone gold. I seen a tweet somewhere, I'll try to find it. So there'll be no worries about a delay.

Edit: There you go.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=214363

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/12/more-majoras-mask-teasing-from-aonuma/

You know I did put that MM news in spoiler tags a few posts up, just saying...;)

Was playing Four Swords Adventures yesterday with a few folks, which has helped me in getting more and more excited for this game. Seriously so excited for it. Zelda? Too cute. I would definitely save that princess. The whole thing just looks so lovely and cute, and that trailer Retro posted was fantastic. Might end up being a long five and a half weeks for me if we're constantly getting little tidbits of info too.

Excellent news indeed...though I must say there have been a few moments in our Four Sword Adventures where it's been a little too hard and we've needed to consult an FAQ/chanced upon some arbitrary solution. I think the problem's worse there though because you're multiple players sharing the frustration together. I'm not keen to purchase a ticket for the hype train quite as yet, but everything I'm hearing about this game seems to be the makings of another truly legendary zelda for me.

Wait for it to be like Sticker Star where Nintendo removed all outside aid whatsoever which infuriated people. No matter how much some may profess it, hardly anyone really wants games to be like they were during the NES days where trial and error were essential and games were filled with inane 'puzzles', like the infamous Simon's Quest.

Hopefully Aonuma is able to find a balance.

Edited by Tamazoid