NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

It's a chart of current worldwide console sales, lifetime-to-date. #WiiU #PS4 #XboxOne https://mobile.twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/402893927168344064?screen_name=Cheesemeister3k

So the PS4 has sold 1/4 of everything that the Wii U has sold internationally in 1 year, in the space of a weekend in 1 territory. This means that the console is doing well to you?

Edited by Jamba

@canand could you explain what this graph represents? I can't quite work it out.:blank:

It's simple: In just one day, and in just one region, the PS4 sales are already over 25% of the Wii U's global sales in all regions in 1 year.

Did the Wii U TVii stuff ever launch over here?

No and not a word from Nintendo about it either. I kinda wish they would say whether the thing will ever get launched or not rather then have a "coming soon" message on the website. I mean the consoles been out a year now, it should at least the have BBC iplayer at this point.

No and not a word from Nintendo about it either. I kinda wish they would say whether the thing will ever get launched or not rather then have a "coming soon" message on the website. I mean the consoles been out a year now, it should at least the have BBC iplayer at this point.

Whatever chance ye have across the water it'll never come over here.

It's simple: In just one day, and in just one region, the PS4 sales are already over 25% of the Wii U's global sales in all regions in 1 year.

Isn't that what I just said? (once the mistakes were edited!)

Isn't that what I just said? (once the mistakes were edited!)

Look at the post times.

EA Germany sends out survey about platform preference, doesn't bother to include Wii U

wK3XXYO.png

The first question reads as follows...

How old are you?

On which platforms do you play?

PC

Xbox 360

PlayStation 3

Handy/Smartphone

Facebook/Browsers

Really classy, EA. Why bother learning how many of your customers like to play on Wii U?

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=217398

Not that it was likely but we won't be getting anything from EA any time soon. I hate them but I want a Tiger Woods game or whatever they call it now that they've dropped him as well.

I wanted to put this in the Mario thread but ya know

This belongs in neither thread. You'll be receiving an invoice for 2 minutes and 22 seconds that I want back.

NO FUN ALLOWED.

It's definitely allowed. I like both Will Smith and Mario but I just didn't find it fun or funny. That's just me, I'm sure others will. Now about that invoice...

Not true, they said very recently it will be coming out in a slightly modified way. TVii was one of the things I was most excited about at launch, really hope they can crack it out soon!

Is anyone else depressed by how little attention Nintendo Land gets?

Sure that the Mario titles sell extremely well* and will increase the sales of the console but Nintendo Land actually proves what kind of new gameplay mechanics that you can enjoy with the system.

*providing it's based on a 2D game.

Sure that the Mario titles sell extremely well* and will increase the sales of the console but Nintendo Land actually proves what kind of new gameplay mechanics that you can enjoy with the system.

I don't think 3D Mario sells badly, it's just that its sales pale in comprison to its 2D brethren.

I don't think 3D Mario sells badly, it's just that its sales pale in comprison to its 2D brethren.

Agreed and that's why wrote my comment the way I did.

nobody cares about nintendoland.

That new Mario bundle is awesome! Though arguably not the best way to show off the console's unique hardware features.

Makes me sad about how much I paid for mine :D

That new Mario bundle is awesome! Though arguably not the best way to show off the console's unique hardware features.

Makes me sad about how much I paid for mine :D

I think you could buy the NSMBU/NSLU bundle from GAME or Amazon for £220, buy SM3DW separately then buy Wii Party U with the remote, sell off the junk game, recouping some costs(if you can find a buyer) and keep the remote. Admittedly it's not the Mario remote but I prefer the black remote. The Mario remote is alright, I just don't like the big M plastered on it. The cap? I won't tell what they can do with that cheap tat.

There, job done. Your welcome. :p

nobody cares about nintendoland.

They fucking should do. It's one of the only things that validates the inclusion of a piece of hardware that increases the console's price by £75. It's the one of the only things that illustrates how Nintendo could change the game, how 3rd parties could create something unique on their platform.

Why did the Wii sell well? I can tell you that it wasn't by launching with NSMB Wii that's for sure.

They fucking should do. It's one of the only things that validates the inclusion of a piece of hardware that increases the console's price by £75. It's the one of the only things that illustrates how Nintendo could change the game, how 3rd parties could create something unique on their platform.

Why did the Wii sell well? I can tell you that it wasn't by launching with NSMB Wii that's for sure.

I think nintendoland by itself isn't seen as 'worth' it. It's seen as that kinda little tech demo, that doesn't offer enough etc. Fun for a bit but then quickly tired.

HOWEVER. If you can get friends around, it's a perfect little chuckle. I remember having a couple nights when I first got the Wii U this year. After a few weeks I checked Nintendoland's playtime vs ZombiU's(my mate played it, I've never touched it) and they were matched on par at about 35ish hours each.

I completely agree people SHOULD care, but again it's a question of can you get the right environment together for it? Not to mention we had to dash around houses for Motion+'s that we didn't have, annoyingly.