NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

It's too late, I paid for it a month or two ago. Didn't get hit with import taxes last time but then they lied about its value. I won't be buying any new releases off them again.

Edit: I thought with it being a .ie domain it would ship from Ireland or UK possibly but Hong Kong? Madness! Do they ship games from Europe to Hong Kong and then back again to Europe? Or are they manufactured over there because on the back of the boxes it says "Assembled in Germany"?

I think that's what they do but they might have a few warehouses in Europe since when I ordered Super Mario 3D World from them it came in a few days with no import tax, it seems random whether or not you'll get something delivered quickly or all the way from HK. Also they are lying bastards, bought Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate off them and they said it was new but the VIP code in it was already used :mad:

It's too late, I paid for it a month or two ago. Didn't get hit with import taxes last time but then they lied about its value. I won't be buying any new releases off them again.

Edit: I thought with it being a .ie domain it would ship from Ireland or UK possibly but Hong Kong? Madness! Do they ship games from Europe to Hong Kong and then back again to Europe? Or are they manufactured over there because on the back of the boxes it says "Assembled in Germany"?

I cancelled my pre-order with them last week and got a full refund so I wouldn't worry about that.

They're handy for cheap ordering that you don't need in a rush i.e. don't order from them if you want the game on its release date.

I can't even remember where I pre-ordered this from. I guess I'll find out when I get the dispatch message :p

I got a E-mail on 17th October saying Due to the epic size of Bayonetta 2 we have a lot to do to make sure it gets to you on launch day! To help everything go smoothly for you, we will be processing your order and taking payment from Monday 20th October.

Where's da hype, people?

Only 3 days to go!! :yay: :awesome: :bouncy:

I could be waiting 2 weeks for delivery so I'll get back to you then and they'll only ship it on the 24th, no earlier. :(

I could be waiting 2 weeks for delivery so I'll get back to you then and they'll only ship it on the 24th, no earlier. :(
Ouch.

If you're getting it online, you should've ordered from ShopTo. Hell, even Amazon would be way quicker than that. :blank:

Bayonetta 2 - "I'm on my way" (Wii U)

Has anybody seen any ads on TV for this game yet? I haven't seen a single one and nobody can say they're on Nickelodeon/Disney for once. Nintendo better advertise this. If they don't advertise, it fails. Also, they should have a blitzkrieg at the end of the ads of all the brilliant reviews it got. Create some hype like the competition do.

Has anybody seen any ads on TV for this game yet? I haven't seen a single one and nobody can say they're on Nickelodeon/Disney for once. Nintendo better advertise this. If they don't advertise, it fails. Also, they should have a blitzkrieg at the end of the ads of all the brilliant reviews it got. Create some hype like the competition do.

Cough that's a advert

Cough that's a advert

TV advert? I seen that ad because I visit Nintendo sites. How's Joe Blogg going to see that?

TV advert? I seen that ad because I visit Nintendo sites. How's Joe Blogg going to see that?

Haaa Joe Blogg:bowdown:

My first print edition is scheduled to ship from France tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to make its way to Australia, I can't wait to play the game.

I seem to recall reading that there's a TV advert in the US for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo have given up on the UK market for the Wii U, with the recent restructuring of Nintendo Europe and the terrible sales. Haven't a lot of retailers stopped stocking Wii U related products? The situation isn't much better in Australia, TV advertising for Nintendo is sparse, there's a Mario Kart 8 one and not much else, not even on for Hyrule Warriors. Nintendo seems adverse to utilising billboard and other signage related advertising for some reason.

My first print edition is scheduled to ship from France tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to make its way to Australia, I can't wait to play the game.

I seem to recall reading that there's a TV advert in the US for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo have given up on the UK market for the Wii U, with the recent restructuring of Nintendo Europe and the terrible sales. Haven't a lot of retailers stopped stocking Wii U related products? The situation isn't much better in Australia, TV advertising for Nintendo is sparse, there's a Mario Kart 8 one and not much else, not even on for Hyrule Warriors. Nintendo seems adverse to utilising billboard and other signage related advertising for some reason.

I heard the Bayonetta 2 ad has been on a few times in the States.

I hadn't even thought of Hyrule Warriors. I never seen an ad for that either. It's not too late just yet, it's not out for another few days but I see all the other companies with ads on TV long before the game is released. Maybe they'll get a sandwich board, put some posters on it, drape it over a donkey and parade it through the streets. They really are the worst at marketing and advertising. You never hear them talk of their M&A plans unless it's for the absolute most major of releases. What must Platinum be thinking? All that effort and Nintendo won't put their hand in their pocket to promote it. Stingy gits!

Err, so turns out I ordered 2 CE from GAME?

I swear I saw an ad after Spongebob! :p

Case in point, I'm watching the build up to the Champions League this evening and on comes an ad for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare and right at the end it says it's coming out on 4th November. The competition know how to advertise and all the time they're of games that'll never come to Wii U.

Case in point, I'm watching the build up to the Champions League this evening and on comes an ad for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare and right at the end it says it's coming out on 4th November. The competition know how to advertise and all the time they're of games that'll never come to Wii U.

What are you talking about? Do you realise how much an advert costs in the middle of a Cahmpions League match? COD, if you hadn't noticed, sells around 20 - 25 million units each time it is released (which is every year).

Bayonetta 2 is a sequel to a game that didn't sell well enough to green light a sequel and Nintendo had to step in and rescue.

Do the maths. You have some films - like an entry in the Transformers series that will get a massive marketing push because each entry grosses over one billion at the box office world wide. Some films, which have smaller budgets and won't have a projected haul of anywhere near that, won't be heavily advertised.

It's not some conspiracy or incompetence, it's common sense.

On a brighter note, mine was despatched yesterday!!!

What are you talking about? Do you realise how much an advert costs in the middle of a Cahmpions League match? COD, if you hadn't noticed, sells around 20 - 25 million units each time it is released (which is every year).

Bayonetta 2 is a sequel to a game that didn't sell well enough to green light a sequel and Nintendo had to step in and rescue.

Do the maths. You have some films - like an entry in the Transformers series that will get a massive marketing push because each entry grosses over one billion at the box office world wide. Some films, which have smaller budgets and won't have a projected haul of anywhere near that, won't be heavily advertised.

Ssh, no logic allowed :p

Remember how New Super Mario Bros. U wasn't a "next gen" game because it was under 2GB? :p

On a non-joking subject, mine should be shipped today. Looking forward to it, but getting a ridiculous backlog thanks to ORAS haha

Still not got the email/text... come on ShopTo don't 'let me down' again by only delivering it on the release date! :indeed:

See that's the trouble, ordering with them I've almost come to expect my games on a Thursday now... :blank:

Ah well... soon! : peace:

What are you talking about?

I've seen Nintendo advertise during Champions League games. They advertised SM3DW during CL games. Did that sell 20-25 million copies? Did it what? We're talking about group stage here(Barca v Ajax), not the final or even the knockout stages. I mentioned that I seen the ad as I was watching the CL because we'd been discussing it just prior. That's when they'll catch their audience, not during Cornation Street. COD is 2 weeks away and they're out in force. Bayonetta is out in 2 days and you do the math. How much have they spent on advertising it? £0.

Whinge about CL or COD all you want. Where's the ad in any time slot, during any program or on any channel? You have to advertise or it'll sink without a trace. Spend money to make money.

Ssh, no logic allowed :p

Logic and Serebii? Computer says no!

What are you talking about?

I've seen Nintendo advertise during Champions League games. They advertised SM3DW during CL games. Did that sell 20-25 million copies? Did it what? We're talking about group stage here(Barca v Ajax), not the final or even the knockout stages. I mentioned that I seen the ad as I was watching the CL because we'd been discussing it just prior. That's when they'll catch their audience, not during Cornation Street. COD is 2 weeks away and they're out in force. Bayonetta is out in 2 days and you do the math. How much have they spent on advertising it? £0.

Whinge about CL or COD all you want. Where's the ad in any time slot, during any program or on any channel? You have to advertise or it'll sink without a trace. Spend money to make money.

Logic and Serebii? Computer says no!

Quite simply, SM3DW or Mario Kart are part of franchises that are million sellers and are Nintendo's bread and butter. If you look at Mario games and both the overall sales and the attach rate - they are huge.

As stated, Bayonetta wasn't even green lit until Nintendo rescued it.

You don't pump millions into advertising something that isn't going to have the commercial reach to warrant that kind of budget. That's why Transformers AoE had a huge marketing budget, but a film like Dredd didn't. Both have different levels of expectation which govern their respective budgets.

A game like COD appeals to a much wider audience and is known and loved by the general public. It's a household name.

A game like Bayonetta is not. It doesn't have mass market appeal and is never going to be a household name or a massive hit outside of a narrow audience.

Your arguments are child like. You analyse things as such:

Because COD has a Champions League ad campaign and has millions of marketing dollars pushing it, thusly every game should have the same.

Quite simply, the world doesn't work that way. Nintendo have promoted Bayonetta and advertised it through gaming sites and directly to people who are likely to play the game.

Nintendo did the good thing, they backed what was a commercial disappointment because it was a quality product. But they aren't going to give a game like that a COD sized marketing budget.

You have to start somewhere. COD didn't just spring out of thin air. It takes time... can't be bothered... brick wall ... goodbye.

Yep, forget the COD talk - one of the most vastly overrated and dull franchises despite its success - back to Bayonetta which despite the main character being somewhat grating is still infinitely more interesting. :heh:

Anyway the main character isn't really what I'm buying the game for, you have the fantastic gameplay, stunning art direction and just all-round general craziness that we've come to expect from Platinum games over the years; this sequel has been far too long in the making but I am glad things worked out this way as I honestly can't think of a better fitting console for it, welcome home Bayonetta! :)

Oh and mine has finally shipped! : peace: