NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Pfft. Starfox Assault was awesome and its multiplayer was screaming out for online

Well thankfully we know with Wii U at least it will definitely have online because Nintendo....

Someone had to :heh:

Out of interest is online confirmed for this? Not heard anything about it since E3 and that was twelve years ago.

Can we all agree not to use metacritic to keep making our points? Just such a shit way to quantify the values of games when clearly people enjoyed the game regardless of whatever number the site states.

Can we all agree not to use metacritic to keep making our points? Just such a shit way to quantify the values of games when clearly people enjoyed the game regardless of whatever number the site states.

As long as people understand and respect the difference between fact and opinion everything will be fine :indeed:

Someone else seen the latest Nintendo Minute on Youtube?

It got me excited for some of those Indie titles! :yay:

Why not buy a Wii U now and spend the next six months playing some of its great games? Expect Zelda in November/December though.

Haha, I've been there mate. Actually, this would make my third Wii U purchase since launch... Nothing really personal, except when owning one for the first six months prior to Pikmin and WW. I just don't have the time anymore to make gaming a priority.

Probably:

Star Fox - September/October

Zelda - November/December

I guess this makes the most sense for Zelda - I can wait. But I also have this nagging feeling it'll do a Toad on us.

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

Haha, I've been there mate. Actually, this would make my third Wii U purchase since launch... Nothing really personal, except when owning one for the first six months prior to Pikmin and WW. I just don't have the time anymore to make gaming a priority.

Fair enough though I never understand why some people sell their consoles when more often than not they just buy it again down the line. Just keep it !

Fair enough though I never understand why some people sell their consoles when more often than not they just buy it again down the line. Just keep it !

I can't. I don't like having unused pieces of tech around my house.

I can't. I don't like having unused pieces of tech around my house.

:confused: You'd rather go through the hassle (and monetary hit) of buying, selling, buying, selling and buying again? The Wii U's pretty small, just put it in a cupboard when you're not using it or something.

:confused: You'd rather go through the hassle (and monetary hit) of buying, selling, buying, selling and buying again? The Wii U's pretty small, just put it in a cupboard when you're not using it or something.

Yeah, I'd rather do that - its hard to explain. I just don't want the distraction to be there. Plus, I tend to either sell for a good price or give to family or friends that want it.

Someone else seen the latest Nintendo Minute on Youtube?

It got me excited for some of those Indie titles! :yay:

I stopped watching Nintendo Minute a long time ago. I can't stand Kit and Krysta, I used to post some of the videos but I refuse to give them anymore publicity.

No.

No. I don't not agree to this. Many of us like review scores and use review aggregate sites as one way of quantifying the quality of a product.

Just because you don't, doesn't mean everyone has to toe your line, stop acting like a child.

You spend pages of discussion trying to tell everyone what they should and shouldn't - for example NSMBU, to the point where you sit up posting till 2am.

No one else here spends forever in threads about games they don't like pushing their agenda or pulling down other games as you do. If you don't like something that someone else does - deal with it rather than incessantly whining like a child.

Funny, what does the hours I keep have to do with being sad? I could easily swing it around and say 'mother doesn't let you stay up late'. At the end of the day, going down that line of talk just makes you look like a complete jerk. If I choose to visit forums at a different time to you then that's because of the hours I work. Swing it another way - perhaps you alight early because you have a shitty job? In fact let's dispel the myth, if we're all going to start getting personal then what do you do for a living? Making assumptions like that makes you appear very desperate, as if there is nothing in my post you feel you are actually able to challenge. Not to mention biased, considering you directed not an ounce of criticism towards Ronnie for similarly posting at that time!

Metacritic is the fuel of fanboys. It's funny, because when you can't use it you are actually capable of having a decent conversation. Like the other day, you were commenting how NSMBU was in a different league to Rayman Legends, and giving your reasons for thinking so. Great, but I'm willing to bet if NSMBU was rated considerably higher than Rayman on MC (not the other way round, which it is) you'd have placed that as the foundation of your argument. As you have with SM3DW and other Nintendo games when trying to compare it to the competition.

Edited by Sheikah

Funny, what does the hours I keep have to do with being sad? I could easily swing it around and say 'mother doesn't let you stay up late'. At the end of the day, going down that line of talk just makes you look like a complete jerk. If I choose to visit forums at a different time to you then that's because of the hours I work. Swing it another way - perhaps you alight early because you have a shitty job? In fact let's dispel the myth, if we're all going to start getting personal then what do you do for a living? Making assumptions like that makes you appear very desperate, as if there is nothing in my post you feel you are actually able to challenge. Not to mention biased, considering you directed not an ounce of criticism towards Ronnie for similarly posting at that time!

Metacritic is the fuel of fanboys. It's funny, because when you can't use it you are actually capable of having a decent conversation. Like the other day, you were commenting how NSMBU was in a different league to Rayman Legends, and giving your reasons for thinking so. Great, but I'm willing to bet if NSMBU was rated considerably higher than Rayman on MC (not the other way round, which it is) you'd have placed that as the foundation of your argument. As you have with SM3DW and other Nintendo games when trying to compare it to the competition.

The difference is, I can cheerily accept that sites like gamerankings.com hold Rayman Legends in higher esteem than they do NSMBU.

For example, the aggregate review scores are:

Rayman Legends - 93%

NSMBU - 84.48%

Hence, critical reception for Rayman was greater. Still, Mario also received good reviews. However, I do prefer NSMBU to Rayman.

See, that was easy, I have no problem in seeing that a game is reviewed well, or not so well. After all, critical acclaim is an important indicator of a product's worth - just as many other factors are.

I wasn't posting on the forum at 2am because I was in bed. With a beautiful girl.

I wasn't posting on the forums either at 2AM - 11:45 PM was my last post. Not that it's any of your business, nor should anyone take anything from it. It really does make you look desperate to have to attack the timestamp of people's posts.

I like how you deflect my question about your job and the potentially inflexible hours. I would not even dream of pissing on somebody's job, but if you're going to get personal with me by claiming I'm a loser then you're simply not going to come out of this argument well. Not well at all.

Resorting to mentioning being in bed with a beautiful woman seems a little desperate again, it's not something I would ever brag about and I do it every night. I literally have no idea why you feel the need to square up to me in this way, who are you trying to convince?

Regarding metacritic, it's a little weak that when it doesn't argue your case then you are happy to overlook that another game is rated better than the one you hold in higher regard and actually make sound points as to why you think the game is better. I have on more than one occasion see you use metacritic percentages as pretty much the sole basis to argue that some games were better than others.

Edited by Sheikah

Never particularly used or trusted Metacritic myself. When I do use actual reviews (which has become more and more rare these days) I tend to stick to the sites like Giant Bomb where their staff are a lot more out there with their opinions and tastes. Obviously I wont always agree with what they say but I find I can at least understand where they are coming from more. A random list of scores from reviewers I dont know doesnt really help me get a picture of the game.

Never particularly used or trusted Metacritic myself. When I do use actual reviews (which has become more and more rare these days) I tend to stick to the sites like Giant Bomb where their staff are a lot more out there with their opinions and tastes. Obviously I wont always agree with what they say but I find I can at least understand where they are coming from more. A random list of scores from reviewers I dont know doesnt really help me get a picture of the game.

Suspended that a site that gives click-bait, controversial opinions tells you more about a game than the average consensus of 100 sites.

Suspended that a site that gives click-bait, controversial opinions tells you more about a game than the average consensus of 100 sites.

What? :confused:

@Wii - And yet in the way you used it before, it doesn't really work. Mario Party tends not to review too well but could easily be enjoyed by 4 friends more than, say, Journey. What does it even matter, at the end of the day?

It works to show you extremes like the example you just gave, but really, what do people actually use it for on these forums? Most of the time people bring it up in order to cement that their opinion is 'right' in the face of somebody else's opinion. That a game rated maybe 5-15% higher or so than another must be the better game. What does it really mean if I prefer a game that's rated 80% instead of like 93%? Both are highly regarded games, isn't that enough? And maybe some games don't fare well in the scoring system, or maybe some game is highly polished and features gameplay that scored well before. Then it'd score high, even if it wasn't particularly new or exciting.

Discussion on this forum is much better when you explain why a game is great rather than going "oh this looks shit, only 70% on metacritic" or whatever.

*Surprised not suspended. Stupid auto-correct

Ah right I get you now....although I dont agree with what you said

I hope we get Call Of Duty this year and Hi everyone from Spain

You have no idea how loud I just laughed at work due to this post. Welcome back, canand. :bowdown:

You have no idea how loud I just laughed at work due to this post. Welcome back, canand. :bowdown:

Thanks I been so busy moveing to spain