NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Thanks I been so busy moveing to spain

And forgetting how to speak English already. ;)

Leave it out, I understand him just fine!

Some of the rest of you, on the other hand... :heh:

And forgetting how to speak English already. ;)

Ha ha LOL😂 I can't wait to get Splatoon for my Wii U

Leave it out, I understand him just fine!

Some of the rest of you, on the other hand... :heh:

@dazzybee by a country mile is the worst offender. Sorry but it's true.

Hey, it's my stupid ipad!

You said it! :indeed:

This is why I hate using tablets for posting things online, they are so imprecise.

At least on something like the 3DS or Wii U it gives you half a chance because of the stylus. :heh:

Anyway, on topic... I find that I'm only really using my Wii U daily because of Wii Fit U - mainly to check my weight - and to get daily bonuses with my Amiibo figures on Hyrule Warriors plus the odd VC game, I really must get back into using it to play games more often but the 3DS is taking up most of my time currently.

Anyone else still playing games on their Wii U regularly?

I'm playing on my Wii u more than ever lately, play Hyrule warriors most days I'm home, monster hunter 3 quite a bit, but loads of eShop and virtual console games!

I only seem to put my Wii U on when I get an urge to do more of Wind Waker and even that is happening less and less now (probably 2 or so months ago was the last time). Even Smash Bros barely kept my attention on it. Last time I played that was when @Goafer came round and we tried the multiplayer.

Apart from Mario Kart 8, I haven't really touched it in 2015 other than to check into Wii Fit U every so often :hmm:

I haven't bought Captain Toad yet, so that would obviously entice me to play it, but I've been through Star Wars: Rogue Leader (GC), Viewtiful Joe (GC), Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (GC), The Last of Us: Left Behind (PS3), ICO (PS2), Yoshi's New Island (3DS), Dino Crisis (PS1), Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (3DS) and Okami (Wii) so far this year so I think it's largely a case of wanting to actually play some of the games I own rather than neglecting the Wii U. I'm likely to return to Pikmin 3 in the near future :heh:

Mine only really gets to see a Smash session when company come round for it atm sadly. Hell, I had it in a holdall for almost 2 weeks until I set it up again last week(then didn't touch it til Friday...for Smash). It's gonna get some Smashing tomorrow for a bit before a film, but after that I'm not too sure. My current plan is as soon as I get finished up with MM I might turn my hand to WWHD, and then possibly Earthbound after that - only time will tell if I actually do though.

I'm hardly touching it but that's because of MH4U, which is getting all my gaming attention.

I started a new ZombiU game last night and still play it at least once a week. However, I'm on a retro gaming buzz and completed Super Castlevania IV (the best in the series) and Super Probotector (also the best in the series) yesterday!

You said it! :indeed:

This is why I hate using tablets for posting things online, they are so imprecise.

At least on something like the 3DS or Wii U it gives you half a chance because of the stylus. :heh:

Anyway, on topic... I find that I'm only really using my Wii U daily because of Wii Fit U - mainly to check my weight - and to get daily bonuses with my Amiibo figures on Hyrule Warriors plus the odd VC game, I really must get back into using it to play games more often but the 3DS is taking up most of my time currently.

At the moment I'm playing Darksiders II in spurts and MK8 on and off.

Used the Wii U last Saturday. My girlfriend came over to play Mario Kart 8.

She got bored after 10 minutes:

"Aha, so it's basically like every other Mario Kart."

I bought a Wii U for Smash Bros...it was an utter disappointment. Now it's just sitting here, gathering dust until the next Zelda. :blank: Thinking about trading it in.

I haven't played on it in a while, mainly due to MH4U. This should change this weekend, with me returning to Captain Toad and starting Mario Party 10.

I still have a little bit of a VC GBA backlog to get through and that's without me buying any of the Castlevania games or Metroid: Zero Mission.

So, yeah, plenty to do on it but just very little time to do it. :(

I find that I'm only really using my Wii U daily because of Wii Fit U - mainly to check my weight - and to get daily bonuses with my Amiibo figures on Hyrule Warriors plus the odd VC game, I really must get back into using it to play games more often but the 3DS is taking up most of my time currently.

Nope. I was doing the daily amiibo scans on Hyrule Warriors, but stopped a few weeks ago. Getting four 1 Rupee prizes in a row once was the last straw. :shakehead

Now it's just a case of connecting my Fit Meter every so often, and the N-E MK8 League on Thursday evenings.

If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be powering up the Wii U at all right now. :hmm:

The MK8 DLC and Splatoon can't get here soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

I take ages at games and I did not fancy MH4 or Majora's Mask, so yes I am playing quite a bit at the moment.

- Finally finished Mario Kart (all 3 stars)

- Turning the air blue on Smash difficulty 9

- Trying to enjoy the Hyrule Warriors adventure mode but getting overwhelmed.

- Recently tried out Mass Effect 3 online mode to play with mates.

- Still have not finished Bayo 1 or even started Bayo 2

Time is the problem for me!

Been playing it like crazy, actually! (Although I am a mid adopter.)

Played Shovel Knight and Wind Waker HD late last year, followed by New Super Mario Bros U, the "WayForward trio" and now picking up my game of Super Mario 3D World, which is great now I've got into it.

Just deciding whether or not to play Captain Toad.

Not played my Wii U in months but then again I am not using my PS4 either.

MH4 takes up my time.

Unfortunately not, next time I turn it on will be for the Mario Kart 8 DLC.

Its MH4U on the 3DS and well... thats it really! :yay:

Once I've done everything I want to do on MH4U, it'll be back to my PS4 and the ever growing backlog of games to play on it.

Like many others, Monster Hunter is eating away at my time.

I boot it up now and again to carry on with Hyrule Warriors.

Although I'm getting the urge to play through Child of Light again.

Nope. Mine is disconnected and I haven't touched it in months. Ine last played on it at Christmas when she played Bayonetta and a bit of Hyrule Warriors.

Aside from Xenoblade, I have no intention of touching it again.

Yeah, second time I got my Wii U I was fairly content with it. Can remember a week of coming back from work and sitting down with the beautiful Pikmin 3 for the evening - reminiscent of when I first experienced Pikmin on my JAP GC some 12 or so years back (doing work experience at CEX).

Though I argued for the Wii U, I can definitely see where people who dislike it are coming from. It feels like time goes by yet the consoles offering still feels the same, or it feels like its still in the same place.

I feel almost ashamed that i couldn't be bothered to get Smash Bros on Wii U after 3 generations of tradition (the 3DS version also largely impacted on this) - I guess controversially, I feel solely owning a Nintendo console was a big culprit in dampening my gaming activity.

Haven't played it since Christmas. Got Smash and played it with some friends and my brother a few times, but we got bored of it pretty quick. Just felt like the same game as before, really. Not even a proper story mode to flesh it out a little.

The next game I'll be playing is Zelda or Xenoblade, whatever is first. Shame there's so little coming out for it.

Yeah, second time I got my Wii U I was fairly content with it. Can remember a week of coming back from work and sitting down with the beautiful Pikmin 3 for the evening - reminiscent of when I first experienced Pikmin on my JAP GC some 12 or so years back (doing work experience at CEX).

Though I argued for the Wii U, I can definitely see where people who dislike it are coming from. It feels like time goes by yet the consoles offering still feels the same, or it feels like its still in the same place.

I feel almost ashamed that i couldn't be bothered to get Smash Bros on Wii U after 3 generations of tradition (the 3DS version also largely impacted on this) - I guess controversially, I feel solely owning a Nintendo console was a big culprit in dampening my gaming activity.

I have to agree with that last bit. I did feel guilty at first about not being bothered by Mario Kart or Smash despite paying for both. I bought them but I didn't want to play them! Figure that one out.