NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Here ya go....

62e89d60faad281864daf781507510c1.jpg

First screenshot of Pokemon NX too ;)

581b91a772901343d113131627f223e3.jpg

Anyway, I reckon that devs have actually had SDKs for a while now. If they're planning on launching the first NX device next year (probably the handheld), they had better have gotten them out before now if they want to have any sort of semblance of a decent launch lineup!

Nice to see you finally coming around to the idea of a 2016 release...

Not to mention that Iwata said that the NX was due to be unveiled in 2016, not released that year. They always unveil a console/handheld around a year before its launch; meaning that the first NX machine isn't due until 2017 (probably March for the handheld; seeing as how the typical pattern goes by an E3 reveal, followed by a Feb/March release and then late 2017/early 2018 for the NX console)

It still may be a 2017 release ( highly doubtful ) but all signs are pointing towards something getting a release next year.

Nice to see you finally coming around to the idea of a 2016 release...

It still may be a 2017 release ( highly doubtful ) but all signs are pointing towards something getting a release next year.

I've always said that the handheld would be either late 2016 (November) or early 2017 (March), depending on whether or not it's ready in time (personally I lean towards March 2017 because their handhelds more commonly release in March than November because they usually end up missing their intended dates - 3DS for instance was originally intended for late 2010 before their troubles with N-Vidia pushed the release date back) My stance hasn't changed.

The console will probably be November 2017 (and if it slips, it'll be March 2018 - though I highly doubt that they'd let that happen as that's an absurd release date for a console).

Edited by Dcubed

Industry leading tech? oh thank god

In other words, they'll implement some obscure technology which no other console manufacturer uses and will scare away third parties.

In other words, they'll implement some obscure technology which no other console manufacturer uses and will scare away third parties.

That's kind of always been their thing.

Dcubed thinks that it'll be based on the Wii U and if it is... and I really hope it isn't... they'd have to get the buy-in from middleware providers else we'll see no 3rd party games at all.

Dcubed thinks that it'll be based on the Wii U and if it is... and I really hope it isn't... they'd have to get the buy-in from middleware providers else we'll see no 3rd party games at all.

Don't see why you should be so worried about it being based on Wii U hardware. As long as the popular middleware (like UE4, Unity, F-Mod etc) is ported to it properly and is properly supported, that's all that matters to them.

Of course that's a big IF though... (and it would be a big IF, even if it was X86 based, given Nintendo's past history with the likes of Epic...) And it's something that they should seriously consider drafting NST in to help 3rd party developers/middleware providers with...

nobody stops the hype train

Is there a reason it used to be called Wario World?

I hope we get another year of Wii U, as much as I'd like a new console, I still think it's a bit early to abandon U without creating a Dreamcast sense of fear that they're releasing consoles too quickly.

I also want them to have the OS and launch line up totally nailed before release. Remember the early days of Wii U when it would take like 20 seconds to switch apps :p

EDIT: More leeks for you Canand!

Edited by Josh64

Don't see why you should be so worried about it being based on Wii U hardware. As long as the popular middleware (like UE4, Unity, F-Mod etc) is ported to it properly and is properly supported, that's all that matters to them.

Of course that's a big IF though... (and it would be a big IF, even if it was X86 based, given Nintendo's past history with the likes of Epic...) And it's something that they should seriously consider drafting NST in to help 3rd party developers/middleware providers with...

That's exactly what I said :D That they'd have to get the popular middleware onboard. If they can do that, I think we'd be okay for at least a few years. Like you said though, that's a big if. I can't see them getting EA onboard at all, and they use their own inhouse engines for everything. Will Ubisoft want to be bitten twice as well?

That's exactly what I said :D That they'd have to get the popular middleware onboard. If they can do that, I think we'd be okay for at least a few years. Like you said though, that's a big if. I can't see them getting EA onboard at all, and they use their own inhouse engines for everything. Will Ubisoft want to be bitten twice as well?

EA will be almost impossible to get back on board, not because of hardware but because of politics. The reason why they sabotaged all of their efforts on Wii U and unceremoniously dumped the platform publicly is because of Nintendo rejecting their demand to give them control over the eShop and make everyone sell their Wii U download games through Origin. Unless Nintendo end up with a megahit like with the Wii, I can't see them winning over EA...

Ubisoft, Activision and Warner Bros are all possible to win over though (Take Two is probably a no go though as they seem to hate Nintendo - at least the Houser Bros do)

I hope we get another year of Wii U, as much as I'd like a new console, I still think it's a bit early to abandon U without creating a Dreamcast sense of fear that they're releasing consoles too quickly.

There's still a fair few games coming for the console, such as Pokken, Xenoblade X, Rodea, Mario Tennis, Star Fox, Project Zero, Animal Crossing Amiibo Edition, Fire Emblem crossover thingy. Probelm is that there will be gaps between releases, something that can't be helped at this stage.

I think even the most loyal of Nintendo fans would probably impale their faces with a collective face palm if they pulled this shit again, it's essentially suicide at this point.

I think even the most loyal of Nintendo fans would probably impale their faces with a collective face palm if they pulled this shit again, it's essentially suicide at this point.

I'd be celebrating :p

Nintendo always get me excited about a new platform but man after the wii u I've got my doubts.

I really hope 2016 is the release date. 3DS will be 5 years old soon and the wii u is done for me. I never use it and I need a new Nintendo platform in my life.

Hoping for a Feb reveal, E3 software show off, November release date.

Third parties must of had software kits before now. The fact SE mentioned DQ11 for the NX says it all. That wasn't just based on internet speculation.

I don't EA is a lost cause. EA go where the money is and if they believe they can make money they will be back.

What's important is Nintendo get a platform that sells and have a viable Eco system where third party software can sell.

Edited by liger05

Thing is, Nintendo have to make NX unique. A third x86 beast may be good on paper, but the market doesn't suit it. It won't take off. There has to be a unique feature aside from that Nintendo difference.

If it doesn't have 'different input' then it would be a unique Nintendo home console now...

Thing is, Nintendo have to make NX unique. A third x86 beast may be good on paper, but the market doesn't suit it. It won't take off. There has to be a unique feature aside from that Nintendo difference.

Shouldn't that be the games?

Had enough of the gimmick controllers and blue ocean.

Shouldn't that be the games?

Had enough of the gimmick controllers and blue ocean.

It should be everything. Consoles are more than just a box that play games. Each should have its own identity beyond the branding.

It should be everything. Consoles are more than just a box that play games. Each should have its own identity beyond the branding.

But they all pretty much do the same thing don't they. The core reason one buys one is to play games. It's up to nintendo to show there games are worth the purchase of the console.

Being different just for the sake of it isn't the answer.