NEurope

Fresh from the recent release of the critically acclaimed Kirby’s Epic Yarn, the cute and adorable Kirby is returning to Wii on 23rd June 2011, as part of his own dedicated TV Channel. The Kirby TV Channel will be available across much of Europe as a completely free download and will feature TV shows staring Kirby, the legendary Star Warrior, as he battles King Dedede in Dream Land.

The channel will allow you to view over 50 Kirby episodes that will be updated twice a week over a six month period. Fans of Kirby will be able to check the programming schedule just like a real TV channel and choose from four streaming episodes at a time.

Every week, two new episodes will become available – one on a Monday and one on a Thursday. The episodes will be available to view for two weeks before being archived to make way for new episodes. Episode 1 is permanently unlocked so Kirby fans can watch how he came to land in Dream Land at their leisure. Keep a close eye on the channel, as watching episodes from the archives may be possible, ensuring you never miss an episode.

The Kirby TV Channel will be available to fans in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland, Greece, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Australia and New Zealand.

Whether you have been a fan of Kirby since his debut in 1992 on the Game Boy with Kirby’s Dream Land or have recently discovered the cute hero through Kirby’s Epic Yarn on Wii, the new Kirby TV Channel is the best place to help you to keep up to date with Kirby and his friends’ fun adventures in Dream Land.

07_02_ukv.jpg

Unexpected but should be cool nonetheless. Now give us the Zelda cartoon.

Have you ever gone back and watched it? It was terrible you realise!

I realised it was terrible at the time. I was gonna say they should add the Mario Bros cartoon too but I have it on DVD so don't need it... well... hold on, the Wii can't play DVDs can it...

What they really need to give us a channel of is Inazuma Eleven!! :angry:

Well excuuuuuse me, Flameboy! :D

Meanwhile, I'm sure this Kirby cartoon is fantastic!

I wouldn't say completely unexpected :heh:

But still. Now that I'll be unemployed at the end of the week it might be something I switch on in the morning when I don't want to leave my bed.

Will this be Kirby: Right Back 'Atcha?

Because I thought it was terrible.

Will this be Kirby: Right Back 'Atcha?

Because I thought it was terrible.

As I sit here watching Episode 1, I can confirm it is Right Back 'Atcha.

I don't know anything about this but King DeDeDe and Kirby look computer animated and the rest hand drawn... consequently, they looks quite strange.

I hope the episodes pick up because that was pretty bad.

Having a quick look I'd say its all computer animated personally.

If I remember correctly the cartoon isn't that great but it sounds like a cool channel all the same and the theme music is amazing.

Having a quick look I'd say its all computer animated personally.

I think I phrased that wrong - whilst it was probably all drawn on computer, Kirby, DeDeDe and the snail dude all look like 3D models sitting on a 2D background.

I'm dissapointed the cartoon is in bloody 4:3 ratio... why not full widescreen? I hate having bloody boarders either side of my screen :mad:

i think this is the greatest thing ever, I used to watch this cartoon show back on Fox kids in 2004 and I liked it. This channel is nicely designed too. I just wish the episodes where there forever but I guess licencing prevents that.

Edited by Helmsly

I'm watching it now, I'm glad the streaming is good quality (At least in comparison to the Nintendo Channel) but seriously, how freaky is that mustache wielding snail?

What a load of guff! It's awful watched two episodes and its absolute shit. Although I do like the design of the channel and how smooth it runs. Wish Nintendo could somehow sort some sort of streaming outside of their own properties but can't see it happening this late in the Wii's life.

The difference being that Zelda was shit in a good way; Right Back at Ya isn't...

What a load of guff! It's awful watched two episodes and its absolute shit. Although I do like the design of the channel and how smooth it runs. Wish Nintendo could somehow sort some sort of streaming outside of their own properties but can't see it happening this late in the Wii's life.

Probably for a whole host of legal reasons.

Although has anyone seen the Japanese 3DS Video service? Full of regular TV content.

The cartoon doesn't appeal to me but have to say I'm impressed by the channel's layout, design and overall feel :).

I really like this channel and I don't mind the cartoon at all. Watched the first two episodes and enjoyed it.

And it's free and Nintendo didn't really have to do this, yet people complain :heh:

I really like this channel and I don't mind the cartoon at all. Watched the first two episodes and enjoyed it.

And it's free and Nintendo didn't really have to do this, yet people complain :heh:

The complaining is more for the show itself rather than the channel.

Probably for a whole host of legal reasons.

Although has anyone seen the Japanese 3DS Video service? Full of regular TV content.

Yah especially in Europe where everything is different per country. Did the animal crossing cartoon ever get made? I'd be interested in seeing that get a similar release.

On the topic of video services, wonder why we never saw 4oD or ITV Player following on from iplayer support, both of which have made an appearance on PS3.

I watched episode one last night and it was even gayer than I expected. :laughing: Whats with the CGI stuff being mixed in and why is Dedede voiced like Foghorn "Ah say boy, Ah say boy, Ah say boy" Leghorn.

Yah especially in Europe where everything is different per country. Did the animal crossing cartoon ever get made? I'd be interested in seeing that get a similar release.

It was made. Not sure if it ever got a Western release.

Whats with the CGI stuff being mixed in

It was the early 00's.

It was made. Not sure if it ever got a Western release.

It was the early 00's.

This. And it's by 4Kids, anyone that watched the earlier Pokémon movies should be used to the mix of CGI (Especially the opening scene of 4Ever, with Celebi)