NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

So the fixtures were announced today, transfer stories are hotting up and the managerial merry-go-round is in full swing so what better time to start this thread for all our footballing needs this season!

Premiership fixtures;

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_6993192,00.html

Championship

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6993183,00.html

League One

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6993196,00.html

League Two

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_6993269,00.html

and finally SPL

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6993193,00.html

Personally bit gutted that Portsmouth-Brighton is so early in the season as I was going to go to that and I'll be in Canada at the time!

This got posted as I posted in the other one >>;

and as a Barnsley fan...Forrest, 1st game..Will show what Hill will do 1st game in charge

I really hope Liverpool have a more stable season. Im not really expecting us to challenge for the title just yet but we need to get back into the Champions League

Well the liverpool fixtures are quite good IMO.

Feb is the only tough month IMO. Can't wait.

If we carry on playing how we were under King Kenny, top 4 is very realistic.

You read the rumours that Rodriguez and Meireles might be leaving? Rodrigues I can understand, the guy wants more first team than we can offer but Meireles was a great performer for us last season so it'll be a shame if we lose him so soon.

You read the rumours that Rodriguez and Meireles might be leaving? Rodrigues I can understand, the guy wants more first team than we can offer but Meireles was a great performer for us last season so it'll be a shame if we lose him so soon.

Yeah, I'm ok with Maxi going, I was never a massive fan of his, clever player but doesn't do it for me. I like Meireles, nice guy and great technically, he just seems abit erratic. I hope he stays, he's a tidy player.

TBH I wouldn't mind seeing both of them go. Maxi had a good end to the season but the first 80% of the season he was woefull. Missing sitters.

Mireless did have a good season but he is getting on and the policy is young british. I think he has 1 good season left in him after that down hill. Cash in now and get Adam.

We desperatly need 2 good wingers. N'zogbia and Downing would be my 2 both proven in the premiership. Bently would be nice and he will be cheap too.

Bentley? Oh god...please no.:heh:

N'Zogbia, I'd take him easy, same with Downing. A reliable source on Twitter (yeah I know) said we put in bid for Mata.

Thing with Meireles is he's been playing out of position most of the season, he's alot better in the middle.

Bentley has a really good cross on him and he isn't too shabby in the pace department. i recon Kenny could work with him and sort out a few of his problems.

Would rather get him than no wingers at all.

I dont get why we are trying to get another striker. Get a winger and get Kuyt upfront.

All the transfer speculation at the moment is a right cock tease.

As much as I like the transfer window, I also hate it for all the bullshit that gets about. Realistically United won't sign Sanchez. Lucky if we get Modric or Sneidjer.

Basically I'd guess our summer signings will be Jones, Young and De Gea.

Bentley has a really good cross on him and he isn't too shabby in the pace department. i recon Kenny could work with him and sort out a few of his problems.

Would rather get him than no wingers at all.

I dont get why we are trying to get another striker. Get a winger and get Kuyt upfront.

I'll eat my left bollock if we sign Bentley.:) Massively overpaid egotistical clown.

Oh, and he's shite, could get nowhere in the Birmingham squad, why should he even be in our reserves.

Fair enough. Who else then? We need a decent winger. Jarvis was good last season!

As long as the rumours of us linked with Joey Barton come to nothing I'll be happy. I honestly just wouldn't know what to do if we signed him.

As long as the rumours of us linked with Joey Barton come to nothing I'll be happy. I honestly just wouldn't know what to do if we signed him.

A criminal going to Liverpool? Seems like the perfect fit...

trolol

Eto'o's been linked to Everton - you heard it from me first. :)

If this ever happened I would eat my own face. Everton could never afford his wages plus wouldn't want to plash the money quoted on a 30 year old. Would more than likely go to a London club (Spurs?) if Inter wanted to sell.

If this ever happened I would eat my own face. Everton could never afford his wages plus wouldn't want to plash the money quoted on a 30 year old. Would more than likely go to a London club (Spurs?) if Inter wanted to sell.

Mhm. I doubt we'll be buying anyone decent this year.. again.. Unless Kenwright's pension comes through in time - which I doubt! :( lol

We missed out on Demba Ba (the greedy shit), so everyone's now getting their hopes up that we're going to try n'Zogbia next. I'd love it myself, but I don't see it happening lol.. We'd be outbid by Accrington Stanley if they were interested, never mind any other Prem club.

One more thing, any Liverpool fans on here actually from Liverpool? :o

Glad someone remembered the traditional fixture day new topic. Well played flameboy!

Looking forward to the new season now, some interesting fixtures. Away to Newcastle to exercise that demon from last season. Liverpool home then Man Utd away fairly early, dunno whether that's good or bad. Last three games are Stoke, Norwich, West Brom.

In transfer news I'm hearing we've all but sorted the deals for Samba and Gervinho.

One more thing, any Liverpool fans on here actually from Liverpool? :o

Not from Liverpool but both my parents were so thats how I got into supporting them

I'm not from Liverpool. I have a picture of when I was 4 wearing the newest away kit that my uncle bought me. He turned me into a Liverpool fan.:)

I guess you all saw footage or pics of the protests at Villa Park over McLeish.

Personally, I thought most of the protesting fans were fucking retarded. Especially the ones who said stuff like "If McLeish is manager I'll never go to Villa Park again/I'll stop supporting Villa/I'll herp the derp etc."

Have you ever stopped and thought about that when someone says something like that?

A Villa fan says he will stop supporting Villa if they appoint McLeish...I thought about the meaning of such a phrase...and how big a shovel would be needed for such shit.

Basically, they're whining "I'll stop supporting the club I have supported all my life because they appointed a manager who was until recently the manager of our local rivals."

The owners, who haven't owned the club for long, appoint a manager, who will probably only be around for a few years. This causes a lifelong fan, who has probably seen the club play in Division Three and survive Doug Ellis' reign to finally give it all up because of a managerial appointment.

Yeah, the same people who were singing "Villa 'til I die" back when Martin O'Neill was in charge and nothing was wrong. Fucking. Hell.

I despair over my fellow Villa fans. They won't be satisfied until we're lifting a major trophy at Wembley. Some won't be until we're Champions of Europe again. I can't stand some of the bullshit they spew, and this week was an example.

I was very surprised when they even approached McLeish, but now that he's the Villa manager, I'm behind him and I support him to do well at AVFC. I also wish him luck, because he's going to need it. :hmm:

Edited by Roostophe

Naturally as football fans we are a fickle bunch. We'll spent 90 minutes slagging some poor sod off, only to go delirious when they nod in the winner in injury time and declare them a hero.

Feel exactly the same Roostophe.

I don't like Mcleish, but clearly he and Lerner have something in common and he has outlined a plan that the board can get behind. All done and dusted and we'll see how he gets on.

I was appalled at the scenes outside Villa Park - rumour has it there are more protests scheduled even though it will effect nothing.

This has depressed me a little though, watching the Clough documentary on the BBC the other day and Martin O'Neill's interviews on it reminded me just how much I miss him and how shell shocked I was when he left last summer.

What are your expectations for the season Roostophe? Bit difficult to judge when we've no clue of the managers plan yet, but I'm expecting we'll finish around 10th. I can't see us improving our squad considerably and with the likes of Newcastle quietly amassing very strong squads, I think it's going to be a tough job to compete for the European spots.

Everton's pre-season line-up? First Bury, then we're off to the States for a couple of games there, before coming home to play against League 2 side Oxford United. =D

Leicester City? skysports.com/story/0,19528,11835_6925405,00.html

fml