NEurope
Hero-of-Time

EU Nintendo Direct 13th September 3pm

Wow - so don't buy it. Get an Xbox.

In terms of launches it's a great mix of games and with the promise of new and exclusive games to follow shortly after.

Consider me excited.

I'm Nintendo exclusive. I'm just saying I'll probably be waiting well after launch(1st time ever) as there's no killer apps. Mario Bros. Wii U can be farted out by Nintendo easily, no real effort. Same goes for Nintendo Land. It seems it's mostly ports of long released games at full price. Where's Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix, where are the big games? If they can show a couple of seconds of a trailer for the exclusive Bayonetta 2 which didn't show anything and is miles away from launch then why couldn't they show any kind of a trailer for other big games that are coming? I hope I'm wrong and that the big parties are on board but I don't want to see Wii all over again. I can't be the only person who sees this? It's de ja vu!

The only companies putting any real effort in is Ubisoft and Platinum games.

Edited by Wii

Nothing about the e-shop, Miiverse or any online stuff... What a surprise.. :awesome:

Good! I wanted to hear the important stuff.

The Japanese one actually dealt with a lot of the main system features at the start, before going to the game

The Japanese one actually dealt with a lot of the main system features at the start, before going to the game

And the US one went over NintendoTVii (which looks seriously kick arse actually!)

Utterly gutted that it seems like we're not getting it :(

And the US one went over NintendoTVii (which looks seriously kick arse actually!)

Utterly gutted that it seems like we're not getting it :(

I watched the US stream. Yeah, I just thought all this was happening on the EU one too!?!?! When I was watching it though I said to myself, good luck rolling that out across Europe! I imagine it would be messy. Virgin use TiVo these days though.

The EU conference is on the eShop now I spotted if anyone wants to rewatch

BLOPS 2 supporting the Wiimote & Nunchuck actually bodes really well for 3rd party Wiimote support! :D

Good job Treyarch/Nintendo!

The EU conference is on the eShop now I spotted if anyone wants to rewatch

It'll probably be on the Wii Nintendo channel as well.

LOLOLOLOL, I approve of the Tekken Wii U exclusive stuff

the costumes are hilarious (Zelda looks like a man and Bowser looks like Godzilla :laughing:)

I'm Nintendo exclusive. I'm just saying I'll probably be waiting well after launch(1st time ever) as there's no killer apps. Mario Bros. Wii U can be farted out by Nintendo easily, no real effort. Same goes for Nintendo Land. It seems it's mostly ports of long released games at full price. Where's Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix, where are the big games? If they can show a couple of seconds of a trailer for the exclusive Bayonetta 2 which didn't show anything and is miles away from launch then why couldn't they show any kind of a trailer for other big games that are coming? I hope I'm wrong and that the big parties are on board but I don't want to see Wii all over again. I can't be the only person who sees this? It's de ja vu!

The only companies putting any real effort in is Ubisoft and Platinum games.

What a load of tosh! I've never heard such rubbish in my life.

NSMBU looks amazing. It's like Super Mario World in HD. I can't wait. Capcom brought the love with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Square-Enix is bringing DQX to Japan. Then there was FIFA 13, Black Ops 2, Mass Effect 3, Tekken Tag and a lot more.

I don't know what planet you're on!

NSMBU looks amazing. It's like Super Mario World in HD. I can't wait. Capcom brought the love with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Square-Enix is bringing DQX to Japan. Then there was FIFA 13, Black Ops 2, Mass Effect 3, Tekken Tag and a lot more.

That's pretty rich, maybe you should look into your examples more..

NSMBU: It's another New Super Mario Bros. I like Super Mario, but I'm just not seeing any progression in the series which is pretty stifling.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: A port of a port. Granted, amazing news for Western fans, so I'll let that slide.

Dragon Quest X: HD port.

Fifa 13, Black Ops 2, Mass Effect 3 and Tekken Tag: All ports of non-new IP games that will already be released on other platforms.

Although I don't agree with Wii, I can see his point where he says that the only companies thus far who are putting in the effort are Ubisoft and Platinum Games. Both developers are pushing out some of the most exciting IP's that the Wii U has to offer.

So sir, what tosh are you speaking?

That's your opinion. It doesn't look amazing and having Rayman Legends in the next trailer just highlighted that fact even more and alot of people have said so. I have NSMB for the DS and the Wii and there is no major evolution in the gameplay in this new game. If you've played one, you've played them all. Don't try and argue this fact as you'll be wrong. You say "It's like Super Mario World in HD". Exactly. It smacks of laziness, it doesn't take alot of effort to churn this side scroller out. A Mario Galaxy 3 however would take effort.

Monster Hunter 3? We already have it on the Wii. How about a new MH game? DQ X started out on the Wii, don't say they had the Wii U in mind. The other games you mention are ports and some are old ports and will be even older by the time Wii U releases.

"What a load of tosh! I've never heard such rubbish in my life". Well why don't you stop talking rubbish then? :D

Edit: @Debug Mode beat me to it. Great minds think alike.

Edited by Wii

That's pretty rich, maybe you should look into your examples more..

NSMBU: It's another New Super Mario Bros. I like Super Mario, but I'm just not seeing any progression in the series which is pretty stifling.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: A port of a port. Granted, amazing news for Western fans, so I'll let that slide.

Dragon Quest X: HD port.

Fifa 13, Black Ops 2, Mass Effect 3 and Tekken Tag: All ports of non-new IP games that will already be released on other platforms.

Although I don't agree with Wii, I can see his point where he says that the only companies thus far who are putting in the effort are Ubisoft and Platinum Games. Both developers are pushing out some of the most exciting IP's that the Wii U has to offer.

So sir, what tosh are you speaking?

Firstly, there has been just seven 2D Mario games in 8 generations of home console. That's less than one per generation. So claiming that 2D Mario has been 'milked' is bollocks. It's funny, as the there's been 5 core Halo games in two generations of XBOX and they're about to go to their fourth Gears of War game - but you don't see people talking about those franchises being milked.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate massively increases the number of monsters, suits of armour and weapons in the game. It also includes two new areas. This is a massive deal to a lot of people - and an even bigger deal to those in Japan. This is huge support from Capcom. The only thing bigger from them would have been Resident Evil.

Dragon Quest is the BIGGEST franchise in Japan. It may be a port of the Wii version, but if it comes to the West it certainly won't have any sales cut off it from the Wii version. What's more, for any console to have a DQ game in Japan so close to launch is a massive deal.

Then you go on about non-new IP games... well wait a second, when have new IPs been the titles that sell well and smash sales records? Every year FIFA, COD and a range of other sequels light up the sales charts. When Nintendo didn't have these games people whinge, now Nintendo has them, people whinge. Were people actually expecting EA and Activision to have come up with new IPs just for the WiiU? And if they did people would have complained that the big name third party multi-platform releases had been ignored - just like they did on the Wii.

Ubisoft have put effort in by bringing a new IP (I'm aware there was a Zombi game a long time ago, but essentially it is still a new IP) to the system. Platinum games should also be congratulated. But have you not seen the Black Ops footage? The fact you can play with two players - one on the screen and one on the tablet? Or that it has a complete selection of control schemes? And runs in full HD at 60 frames per second? No effort? Or the extras being shipped with existing ports of games like ME3 or Batman?

Again, when Nintendo didn't have this support, people cried and said they wouldn't buy a Wii. Now Nintendo has this support people cry that they're not getting the original IPs they had on the Wii. Well here's news - you can't have it both ways.

I'm talking sense. Nintendo have listened to the ludicrous number of complaints they recieved and brought the games people complained that the Wii lacked. Now people are complaining about Nintendo bringing those games?

This launch line up is one of the strongest I've ever seen, and I've been playing since Game & Watch. Ports of acclaimed games, big name franchises, new IPs, classic Nintendo games, support for multiple control set ups and a new innovative tablet controller. Complain all you like then, but I'm not the one talking shite!

Sad at the lack of effort they seem to have put into NSMBU. Some levels look nice but the re-used graphics, sound effects, gameplay mechanics etc is just really disappointing. This is a launch title, Mario's first HD game, and all we get is yet another New SMB game that plays the exact same way as every other zzzzzzzz.

Firstly, there has been just seven 2D Mario games in 8 generations of home console. That's less than one per generation. So claiming that 2D Mario has been 'milked' is bollocks. It's funny, as the there's been 5 core Halo games in two generations of XBOX and they're about to go to their fourth Gears of War game - but you don't see people talking about those franchises being milked.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate massively increases the number of monsters, suits of armour and weapons in the game. It also includes two new areas. This is a massive deal to a lot of people - and an even bigger deal to those in Japan. This is huge support from Capcom. The only thing bigger from them would have been Resident Evil.

Dragon Quest is the BIGGEST franchise in Japan. It may be a port of the Wii version, but if it comes to the West it certainly won't have any sales cut off it from the Wii version. What's more, for any console to have a DQ game in Japan so close to launch is a massive deal.

Then you go on about non-new IP games... well wait a second, when have new IPs been the titles that sell well and smash sales records? Every year FIFA, COD and a range of other sequels light up the sales charts. When Nintendo didn't have these games people whinge, now Nintendo has them, people whinge. Were people actually expecting EA and Activision to have come up with new IPs just for the WiiU? And if they did people would have complained that the big name third party multi-platform releases had been ignored - just like they did on the Wii.

Ubisoft have put effort in by bringing a new IP (I'm aware there was a Zombi game a long time ago, but essentially it is still a new IP) to the system. Platinum games should also be congratulated. But have you not seen the Black Ops footage? The fact you can play with two players - one on the screen and one on the tablet? Or that it has a complete selection of control schemes? And runs in full HD at 60 frames per second? No effort? Or the extras being shipped with existing ports of games like ME3 or Batman?

Again, when Nintendo didn't have this support, people cried and said they wouldn't buy a Wii. Now Nintendo has this support people cry that they're not getting the original IPs they had on the Wii. Well here's news - you can't have it both ways.

I'm talking sense. Nintendo have listened to the ludicrous number of complaints they recieved and brought the games people complained that the Wii lacked. Now people are complaining about Nintendo bringing those games?

This launch line up is one of the strongest I've ever seen, and I've been playing since Game & Watch. Ports of acclaimed games, big name franchises, new IPs, classic Nintendo games, support for multiple control set ups and a new innovative tablet controller. Complain all you like then, but I'm not the one talking shite!

RE: Mario

You've completely misinterpreted what I said. No where did I say it was milked, I made the valid comment that we're not seeing any progression with the "New" series. Fortunately, it's not just me being crazy, I'm not alone in thinking that.

Also, how do you know that I haven't talked about other series like that? There's a valid reason as to why I'm here boy, and it's because I primarily play games from Nintendo or Nintendo devices. Stop pulling the straw man argument buddy.

RE: Monster Hunter

And for the price of a brand new game I should fucking hope I got some extra stuff. Because for that price.. I could buy a whole new game! See where I'm coming from here? It's absolutely fantastic news for EU fans so I don't have much of a dig with it, some people here have been dying to have their Monster Hunter fix that they've cruelly been denied

RE: Dragon Quest

No one is talking sales here. No one. I'm a huge Dragon Quest fan but I'll be sitting X out. IX did the multiplayer just right considering I mainly love the series for its single player affair and engrossing atmosphere, but an MMO is far too much. For the west, great. For Japan, which is incredibly relevant to me considering I'm currently living there, not so great considering it's already out. It's just your standard affair multiplatform port.

RE: Generic game XXXX (Whatever the fucking year it is at this rate)

Again, no one has mentioned sales. The main point here is, as Nintendo fans who are no doubt contemplating the idea of purchasing a Wii U, they're not very appealing. You can get some of them right now, or before the Wii U launches, at a cheaper price. The other side of the argument is, those are your standard affair every year games.

They don't have to come up with new IP's, but they shouldn't have to come up with bullshit gimmicks as if it justifies the additional price and wait. I can get those games on my xbox or my PC right now! You haven't even got the Wii U yet, but you're knee deep in cognitive bias!

I'll reiterate it my question: "Why buy your shitty pre-existing games at a premium?" This is to the developers mind you, I don't want you spinning my points again and having the gall to call me out on talking "shit".

You make too many assumptions about the opposing argument. It comes across as very defensive, which can be perceived as fanboyism. Just so you understand a little more why I'm debating this, I think the industry as it is with multiple, closed platforms is not the market we should have. We should not have to pick one closed platform, to find one game is exclusive to another. Although this is changing, I think those who are purposefully sticking to only one company through brand loyalty in this industry are the ones contributing to this problem.

Thus my problem with the WiiU. It offers what we've already got with a unique and good difference, which is being used as an excuse to re-release old games at a premium. No one here is hating on Nintendo (except for the NSMBU thing, I'm getting pretty sick of that).

Sad at the lack of effort they seem to have put into NSMBU. Some levels look nice but the re-used graphics, sound effects, gameplay mechanics etc is just really disappointing. This is a launch title, Mario's first HD game, and all we get is yet another New SMB game that plays the exact same way as every other zzzzzzzz.

And it's a damn shame.

I'm happy with the selection of titles on offer at launch - but lets all be honest, how great would it have been to have a proper new 3d Mario to launch the Wii U in super glossy HD glory-ness. :santa: (Santa hat for added emphasis on how good it would be).

However I understand those games do take years to make so it is no doubt an easier option (I'd imagine) for Nintendo to make a NSMB style game.

So will I buy it? Do you know, I'm not sure. The NSMB games virtually play the same as the others (to me) and though this is a good thing, it often doesn't feel very fresh and I don't think any amount of new power ups will solve that.

Adding multiplayer modes is great for families and for those who intend to play with a sibling / parent / friend after school or whatever. But for lonely Aneres11 I couldn't care less haha.

Rayman does look to be the more enticing option for me - but that's why it's a good thing that there are solid alternatives come launch day. And I haven't always been able to say that for a Nintendo console launch!

Edited by Aneres11

Black Wii U Premium Console with ZombiU and Wii U Pro Controller

Whats in the Box:

Black 32GB Nintendo Wii U Console and AC Adapter

Black 32GB Nintendo Wii Game Pad and AC Adapter

Sensor Bar

A copy of NintendoLand

A copy of ZombiU

A Black Pro Controller

HDMI Cable

Nintendo Premium

http://www.game.co.uk/en/black-wii-u-premium-console-with-zombiu-and-wii-u-pro-controller-181884

I'm happy with the launch and it's the fact that the mix means that I'll get to play any of the type of games that I enjoy whenever I want. Be it something silly and fun (but still good) like LEGO, laid back multiplayer with my mates like Nintendo Land, some badass shooting or stabbing people with AC3 or BLOPS2, or something with a little more whimsical charm like Trine 2, Wonderful 101 or Rayman.

The selection is delicious and it's topped off with MH for me personally.

Colour me well and truely Amazed!

November 30th can't come soon enough, my black version gets nintendo land (cos hell no was i paying £40 for it), new footage of games like NSMBwiiU and ZombieU which are amazing, some good third party support, Black Ops 2 (which isn't high on my priorities but i realise the importance of it) oh and a further bombshell MH3 ultimate for 3DS AND WIIU!

shame no RRP because of stupid EU laws - the Eu never make good ones.

the only big game we didn't just get announced is resi 6 and well i'd be surprised if we don't get a Gold version announced to be coming in the launch window

and for amuzing purposes to lighten the mood above me

here are my reactions in animated form

IMG_0692.gif

tumblr_m8xg8a8riC1r0bb7co1_250.gif

9e9.gif

The Sensor Bar was mentioned in the EU briefing as being in the box. They're wrong

It was explicitely mentioned as only being part of the premium box. I don't think Shibata could've been more clear on that.

I'm Nintendo exclusive.

And that's your problem right there.

Edited by Burny

The premium version has it according to Shibata, and I'd believe him over IGN...

I would too.

The Sensor Bar was mentioned in the EU briefing as being in the box. They're wrong

That's good. Thanks. Alot of info going around. Some of it is bound to be wrong.