NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 33: This thing of ours

14 tokens on Haden beating Dud. 1 token on Lylat scoring the first goal.

Wow at the top league lol

Edited by Haden

Wooooo! :yay: Me and the Russians are quids in for putting all our chips on betting Dedede to score the first goal of the season! Haha! :D

P.S...unlucky Tales, you missed out by a minute! :heh:

AFC Dedede were the first to score this season with a goal in the 2nd minute

This means Russian Revolution and Intergalactico Stars both have 750pp.

Standings (of those that have placed bets):

Russian Revolution: 750

Intergalactico Stars: 750

Hadens Legends: 14

Atlético Aqui1a: 0 (bets in play)

Yellow Submarine: 0 (bets in play)

Eights United: 0

Sorry Tales, I tried for you but I couldn't be as quick as Dedede!

Lost 5-1 and my star player was sent off. Great start.

A poor start means a great finish ;)

(probably...)

Spotlight

The first spotlight was a bonus round where any team that bets in the xpert pools for round one will get a point.

The next spotlight is on next Friday's games in the Elite League, Intergalactico Stars vs Yellow Submarine. Please predict the result and how many of their players (total) with appear in the xpert eleven.

Standings:

Leeds M.O.T: 1

Atlético Aqui1a: 1

Russian Revolution: 1

Intergalactico Stars: 1

Alliances

Eights United, Recall United, Happenstance FC: 22

Yellow Submarine, Coloccini FC, Gibbs Probies: 21

Intergalactico Stars, Lords of Hydra, Cubic County: 20

The Roger Federer Crew, Winston Gardens FC, AFC Dedede: 20

Lylat Wanderers, Leeds M.O.T, Dazzle United: 19

Atlético Aqui1a, The Familia FC, The Sixty-Fourthers: 18

Hadens Legends, Madpool, bob: 15

AC Elites, Russian Revolution, Blue Rogues: 14

DuDs Baggies, Rossers Rovers, Kippen FC: 13

Silverdale Salmon, French Riviere, The Great Mcoy: 3

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

Damn so close with both my bets. And lol at the top league. Don't think there will any easy matches in the Elite League anymore.

I saw Leeds scored after 6 minutes and was loving life could not believe it when I saw that sob McCoy letting me down.

Cmon peeps you have to do some more high end bets so we can catch up. I am good for it man! I have a car I can use to use as collateral...

Also are the guys with 0 screwed now lol you should let them have one more bet with the potential that the go into owing you money.

This bet peeps is more exciting than xpert

What was my score today? Cant open xpert on my phone and iv been out all day!

This is probably way to late but you had a nice 3-0 away win against French Riviere

Not sure if you saw this or not @Animal but well done for your draw in the first game :D

Edited by Haden

Week 1: Top League Report

No Winners, No Losers.

SNV35554.jpg

Like a school sports day in the top league there were no winners and losers this week just 10 equal teams who got a point each. What does this tell us about the top league in Season 33? Well for one I think it shows just how competitive the league is, AC Elites held out away to Silverdale and at times looked the better side. Aqui1a and RFC while both being at home scored and then had a 1-1 draw against two of the best sides in NE history. Lylat and Inter now look to be equals rather than the game being an expected Inter win and Legends and Baggies well this one was an expected draw after last season. While we may have wanted to see some wins this makes this season feel like a long chess game, every result, every tactic and every injury will be significant. It is going to be exciting even if it doesn't feel like it yet.

The goal scorers and what they tell us about their team.

With only 6 goals scored it may be interesting to have a look at who scored them and how this reflects on the club.

Roy Accrington: Lylat Wanderers

Jack%20Wilshere.jpg

After just 3 minutes on the opening day Accrington set the Lylat fans into a frenzy with a shot after a corner. Accrington is one of the most valuable players in the league and looks set to be one of the hottest midfield talents in seasons to come. He is a creative player and highlights the strength in midfield that Lylat brings to the game. He has formerly not been a prolific scorer with only 3 previous goals however he has 12 assists in his club life. If this season he could bring goals and assists to the table he may help Lylat make a title push a reality.

Gandalf Grey: Intergalactico Stars

david-beckham-final-real-madrid-match-32.jpg

The man who cancelled out Accringtons goal is a real veteran who is in his 11th season with 37 goals now under his belt. He scored a poachers shot in combination with Scabos but then minutes later had to be taken off with a brutal looking knee injury that will see him out for most of the month. This is a big loss for Inter, they have the depth to cope without Grey but he brings a consistent amount of goals and assists every season and is a brilliant taker of free kicks. However the team is full of talent and they should be able to see this period through until he returns.

Helio Prado: Atletico Aqui1a

van-der-vaart.jpg

Over in the Aqui1a game it was Prado who scored via a breakaway to give his side the lead. Aqui1a it must be said have the weakest attack of any top league side (as evidenced by a missed penalty from Isler). Prado is now 32 but has a strikers instinct and heading ability that mean he is a real danger when Aqui1a push forward. In fact a lot of the teams midfield are a real aerial threat and corners are a nightmare to mark against Aqui1a.

Severin Granas: Eights United

fc_frank_ml_1296x1296.jpg&w=1500&h=1500&scale=crop&site=espnfc

When all looked lost for United it was Granas that scored a close range goal with class that levelled the game and earner them a point. Granas was playing his 262nd game which is a remarkable achievement and this was his 122nd goal. He is long been one of the best players in the top league. You would imagine he will not be around for to much longer but he has been at the heart of so much success for United he is a real fan favourite. At the moment United only have one quality striker and a youth striker who picked up an injury in this game. It will be up to Granas and Beck and the others in a brilliant midfield to help score some goals in light of this.

Richardo Falcao: Yellow Submarine

PA-10177687.jpg

If United have Granas one of the heroes for Yellow Submarine must be Falcao. He is such an adaptable player, who sums up Yellow Submarines creative style. He can track back, intercept as well as create and is a huge aerial threat. He scored 6 last season but also created 5 and is already off to a good start after a goal against RFC. He played with two partner strikers in the course of the game and is an excellent role model for them to learn from, he will need to have another prolific season for Submarine to retain their title.

Tage Normqvist: Roger Federer Crew

Southamptons-Rickie-Lambert-R-celebrates-scoring-the-first-goal-for-his-side.png

Heading a 3 man attack Normqvist struck back for RFC to give them a valuable point at home in the opening game. Normqvist is coming up to his 100th game with the club and sums up their style. He is not known for many star qualities but always puts in a good shift, in the last three seasons he has assisted 11 goals and scored 12. The last time RFC came to the top league ended in disaster but with some interesting formations they could really make a splash this season. They will endure some losses but could surprise teams that play 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 each week.

Thank you for reading, next week we will go back to a more usual format but with only one game day to examine it was nice to look at some players in depth.

Team of the Week: AC Elites:

041814-John-Terry-clapping-.jpg

The Elites looked creative and solid in defence and in the end were the team more likely to break the deadlock, a well earned away point.

Got my one point for the season. I'm happy :p

I bet 3 tokens on me bearing Roger.

1 token on Eights have at least 2 players in X11 every week.

Can do that?

This is probably way to late but you had a nice 3-0 away win against French Riviere

Not sure if you saw this or not @Animal but well done for your draw in the first game :D

WOO! Get in! I said I'd be happy with a draw or a win, lmao. :yay:

WOO! Get in! I said I'd be happy with a draw or a win, lmao. :yay:

haha nice one man :D your next game you are against Dedede who are probably the best team in the league so don't be disheartened if you lose. A formation like 4-5-1 may help you dominate the midfield battle which in turn will give you more chances and possession.

Also part of this game that is hard to pick up at the start is its all about the future, your younger players such as Mallow in midfield need to be starting to get their exp up so they might progress next season. Someone like Trott who is low skilled and old (which is a very bad combo in Xpert) should not be playing games and taking up spaces your youths could be filling. I would dump Trott quicker than I would ban that racist guy who comes into your store from time to time. The same goes for Terrar. Don't forget to train your players as well. (There is a lot to take in but after a few games it will make sense.

But well done you are still unbeaten! :D

haha nice one man :D your next game you are against Dedede who are probably the best team in the league so don't be disheartened if you lose. A formation like 4-5-1 may help you dominate the midfield battle which in turn will give you more chances and possession.

Also part of this game that is hard to pick up at the start is its all about the future, your younger players such as Mallow in midfield need to be starting to get their exp up so they might progress next season. Someone like Trott who is low skilled and old (which is a very bad combo in Xpert) should not be playing games and taking up spaces your youths could be filling. I would dump Trott quicker than I would ban that racist guy who comes into your store from time to time. The same goes for Terrar. Don't forget to train your players as well. (There is a lot to take in but after a few games it will make sense.

But well done you are still unbeaten! :D

I think that formation is actually my default, haha. I've now put the younger players on the field so that they can get more XP. I don't think my team are very good because some of them have a low green bar but a high blue bar and some have it vice versa.

Fingers crossed! :S

I still don't understand how DV & form etc. Work, I don't know what I need to level people up!

Does no one read the guide I post every time we get someone new? :indeed:

@Animal @Esequiel

Player Development

The first thing you should look at for your players is age against skill. The average is 18-4 (to become 19-5, 20-6 etc as a baseline). If you have players below this average, they are probably not worth keeping on to train (but arguably once they get to 9/10 skill they're decent enough to keep around if it keeps your team balanced). Focus should always be on youth.

Players also have special qualities which are explained HERE - take note of Divas as simply giving them their favourite shirt number will remove any negative effects they would otherwise have.

Development Values - Players increase their base skill at the end of each season in the change report. The size of the increase/decrease is determined by development values (DV) - which you can keep track of if you hover over the player name in your team list. A DV of 10 or higher will give your player an increase in skill but to get a visible raise (ie, to get one skill bar higher) you would be aiming for 14/15 at the very least.

DVs are worked out by your player's average form and match experience over the season. If you play stronger teams and lose, you can still get good DV for your players if you can keep their form up as your player's match experience will be better when you play high skilled teams (DV is an accountable figure but match experience is hidden and probably not worth thinking too much about). Younger players will raise easier than older players who may not raise even on 16/17 DV.

Form

Your player's form has an influence on how well that player will play in a match. A player on 10 form will usually play TO his skill level during the game. A player on higher than 10 form will usually play above their own skill level during a game. You can see how well your players did during the game afterwards when you look at your 'last line-up'.

line_zps7c925b9e.png

(you can get to your last line up by hovering over the 'squad' icon)

Every player has the potential to play 5 skill bars higher than their actual skill. Their match performance is based on form and teamwork values (as well as other minor factors such as win bonus). You also have the option to mark a playmaker. This will usually result in a performance decrease for the player you mark. It is always best to mark a midfielder. Marking the opponent's playmaker will not only affect that player but the entirety of the opponents midfield as most of the 'plays' will be going through that one player. However, if a playmaker goes unchecked, he will further boost the performance of the rest of the midfield. Sometimes it does make sense to mark the strongest midfielder/player on the opposing team if that player is like 5 skill bars higher than the rest of the midfield or something :p

Form values are not always reliable as they only show your player's last form change. The arrows indicate which way the form is trending so you can get an idea of whether a player is going to continue to drop or not. HERE is a link that goes into form and form trends a bit better. You can try to boost player's form with form training (expensive but worth it) but remember the higher your player's form, the less likely they are to raise their form by much (or at all).

I read it but I'm still confused. Yes, I am THAT dumb, lmao. The guide did help me though.

I read it but I'm still confused. Yes, I am THAT dumb, lmao. The guide did help me though.

You're not being dumb, it does take a while before it'll really click.

Basically you want to get the most out of your players. The average skill-age ratio is an 18yr old with 4 skill to develop to a 19-5, 20-6, etc. If you try to stick by that line you will know if your player is above or below average.

Form - anything above 10 is good but you want it to be as high as possible. After you've played a match, form train anyone with a red arrow and anyone under 10 form.

DV - at the end of the season you want as high a dv as possible for each player you actually want to keep around. If you have an old player a few skill bars below the curve, you're not going to care too much if he raises in skill or not so focus on players you know are good and you want to keep around.

To increase your dv your players need as much game time as you can give them and their form needs to be consistently high.

Form training costs money so make sure to do the sponsor bonus each week (you'll see a flashing icon when you can do it) for £1m. Also if you write a 300 character press release once a week you'll get £200k from it.

Betting 2 on Dedede to concede less than 15 this season

Betting 2 on them to score more than 40

Betting 5 on Russian Revolution winning tomorrow.

Gonna be a long season!

Felt I got enough tactics right not to suffer a 3-0 defeat but I wouldn't be complaining if I was on the other end of that score Line!

On the plus side bets went well I am on track to finish in the top three of the betting mini game if not the league :heh:

Went from 2-0 up against Eights away from home.. to 3-2 :( both of us scored from a penalty lol

BetSpurt Eleven

Bets this round:

Haden bet 5pp on Russian Revolution to beat French Riviere - wins 10pp

Ellmeister bet 3pp on Elites to beat Roger Federer - loss

Bets in play:

AC Elites:

1pp on Eights to have 2 players in the x11 every round

Hadens Legends:

2pp on Dedede to concede less than 15 goals.

2pp on Dedede to score more than 40 goals.

Yellow Submarine:

3pp on Eights to score more than 40 goals.

2pp on Eights to have 1 player in the x11 every round.

4pp on Yellow Submarine to score a penalty.

2pp on Yellow Submarine to have a player injured for 15 days.

Standings (of those that have placed bets):

Russian Revolution: 750

Intergalactico Stars: 750

Hadens Legends: 24

AC Elites: 11

Yellow Submarine: 0

Atlético Aqui1a: 0

Eights United: 0

We have reached the cut off point for the Season Bets

Lottery

The winning number is 7! Which means @Agent Gibbs is the winner of 3 months VIP!

Haden - 1 & 2

Yellow Sub - 11 & 12

Gibbs - 7

Hydra - 15

Elites - 13

Recall - 6

Madpool - 14

Russian - 4 & 5

Aqui1a - 3 & 9

Federer - 10

French - 8

Roger Federer and French Riviere have not picked so were assigned their numbers randomly

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

What odds can I get on isler to score in his next match?

After missing two penalties he must have a goal in him! If he would have scored hose two penalties aquli1a would be top with 6 points and a plus 5 Gd!