NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 33: This thing of ours

I know im going to get relegated this season :/ Best to play young'uns all the time?

I cant even get onto the site. Just get an error telling me to change my DNS settings (which I'm not going to do as I'm at work). Hopefully it'll work at home again.

I know im going to get relegated this season :/ Best to play young'uns all the time?

You'll get better results if you play youths alongside older players so have a youth heavy line up if you're focussing on development but keep one or two older players in there too - at the very least to keep the average age up.

As Peeps has said, the most effective way to develop youth is to play youth alongside older players. To quote Xpert:

Match experience

The players get match experience when they play matches and above all competitive matches. They will get some match experience when playing friendly matches also but only fractions of the match experience they get when playing competitive matches. The players also get different amount of match experience depending on which teammates that plays the same match. Older players get less match experience than younger players. Better players get less match experience than the poorer players. Also if the player doesn't play in his regular position he/she will get less match experience. The latter is especially noticeable if it is a goalie playing outfield player or vice versa. Players with the special quality of being allround are not affected as much by which position he/she is playing.

The players get match experience not only from their team mates but also from their opponents. Especially the opponents playing in team parts that the player face most. In other words defenders will get most match experience from the opponents forwards etc. Goalkeepers will get 60% of the match experience from the opponents while the other players will get 40% of the match experience from the opponents. When it comes to the opponents their skill is more important than the age compared to when the players get match experience from team mates.

The match experience will together with the average form influence the player's skill development at the season updates. The more match experience a player gets the better.

I also like to rotate youths in the same match if I can as I believe playing two youth players for 45 minutes each is more effective than playing one player for 90.

Does anyone ever play someone out of position? All rounder is definitely one of most useless traits

All the time with my large midfield, sometimes I find it works quite nicely to throw people off expected tactics and is great to have backup to stop any other positions suffering during a suspension or injury crisis.

I will have a cheeky 1 PP bet on Isler scoring :P

All the time with my large midfield, sometimes I find it works quite nicely to throw people off expected tactics and is great to have backup to stop any other positions suffering during a suspension or injury crisis.

I'll bear that in mind when setting tactics for our game next Tues! ;)

I'll bear that in mind when setting tactics for our game next Tues! ;)

Damn man the way my sorry ass team is playing atm I could put a 2 mil bonus on and you would still be delivering this to me. Austin being Ramos, Rock being Conden haha.

stunner-o.gif

Was a good game against @RogerFederer thought I would edge it playing a 4-4-2 but sadly was not to be. No way am I winning against Inter away so it may be a long wait for my first win!

Peeps was thinking today it might be interesting to merge spotlight and BetPeeps somehow? Eg if you win spotlight you get more betting points.

Edited by Haden

Decent start to the season. Key match against Submarine next.

As for "playing youths", as long as the average age is between 25 and 29 you're good.

Spotlight

The spotlight this round was on Intergalactico vs Yellow Submarine. Players were to predict the score and number of players in the xpert eleven. Only one team bet on Inter to win and it was... Intergalactico Stars themselves!

The next spotlight is on next Friday's game of Coloccini FC vs Russian Revolution. Please predict the outcome and how many substitutions will be made in the game. The winner of this spotlight will also receive 25pp for BetSpurt.

Standings:

Intergalactico Stars: 2

Leeds M.O.T: 1

Atlético Aqui1a: 1

Russian Revolution: 1

Alliances

The Roger Federer Crew, Winston Gardens FC, AFC Dedede: 28

Intergalactico Stars, Lords of Hydra, Cubic County: 23

Eights United, Recall United, Happenstance FC: 21

Atlético Aqui1a, The Familia FC, The Sixty-Fourthers: 21

Yellow Submarine, Coloccini FC, Gibbs Probies: 17

AC Elites, Russian Revolution, Blue Rogues: 16

Hadens Legends, Madpool, bob: 16

Lylat Wanderers, Leeds M.O.T, Dazzle United: 14

DuDs Baggies, Rossers Rovers, Kippen FC: 14

Silverdale Salmon, French Riviere, The Great Mcoy: 5

BetSpurt Eleven

No bets came in this round.

Bets in play:

AC Elites:

1pp on Eights to have 2 players in the x11 every round

Hadens Legends:

2pp on Dedede to concede less than 15 goals.

2pp on Dedede to score more than 40 goals.

1pp on Isler (Atlético Aqui1a) to score in his next match

Yellow Submarine:

3pp on Eights to score more than 40 goals.

2pp on Eights to have 1 player in the x11 every round.

4pp on Yellow Submarine to score a penalty.

2pp on Yellow Submarine to have a player injured for 15 days.

Standings (of those that have placed bets):

Russian Revolution: 750

Intergalactico Stars: 750

Hadens Legends: 23

AC Elites: 11

Yellow Submarine: 0

Atlético Aqui1a: 0

Eights United: 0

Edited by The Peeps

I'm dominating the Yellow Card and Red card leaderboards at the moment.

I think my time will be up sooner rather than later 7 years straight every Tuesday and Friday is a long time to play the same game!

It is starting to become a bit of a chore if I am honest, having said that the league is brilliant now.

I think my time will be up sooner rather than later 7 years straight every Tuesday and Friday is a long time to play the same game!

It is starting to become a bit of a chore if I am honest, having said that the league is brilliant now.

Bro!! I know you're missing my fantastic, incisive writing and analysis but dont worry I'll be back in December, don't make any rash moves until then!

--

Getting a bit more WiFi here in Japan so Winston are well on course for a good season for the young talents in the club, DVS looking positively filthy. Scouting here could be going better, apparently all the Japanese are into their baseball? Rubbish.

As I said on the PR comment...if you go, I go BROTHER! I'm only here because of you and it's fun but devoting the necessary time to this is becoming increasingly difficult, especially as at times it's been at the expense of other more important things, like life, lol...cue 'xpert is life' comments!...:p

Similar sentiment here but for different reasons - no time to actually develop the team going forward. Feels like all I have time for is quickly setting up matches without analysing the opponent plus training players too late. I think I might see out the Xmas period as I'll have time to prepare but looks like the end for me too :(

Well I hope you all reconsider but the league will continue to run so if you do decide to leave you can always come back again ;)

I think next season we'll be running just the two divisions by the looks of it :p

Got my official team into div 4h :)

I'm back in the UK now, so will take a proper look at your betting thing Peep's. Sounds good though.

99% probability I will be relegated from division 4 :( Have forgotten to set tactics for way too many matches though. I don't know how Peeps can manage 5-6 teams at a time, I can barely manage two :p

Got my official team into div 4h :)

I'm back in the UK now, so will take a proper look at your betting thing Peep's. Sounds good though.

Same with my official team in the Ultimate League!